copy char to testserver...

TheHolgar

Whoo hoo! Guess what.

Out of 5 characters submitted individually at least three separate times, ZERO copied. :(

Server transfers may turn out to be an adventure folks. Buckle up.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoo hoo! Guess what.

Out of 5 characters submitted individually at least three separate times, ZERO copied. :(

Server transfers may turn out to be an adventure folks. Buckle up.

I honestly am trying to keep my hopes up with this game... EAware keeps pissing all over them

Allison relayed that character copies were done for today and that players who filled out their surveys incorrectly, may not have copied over. One of the most common reasons why a copy fails is a mistake somewhere on the survey, but of course, other factors may be a cause. In fact, on the PTS blog we state:

We cannot guarantee that every character will copy to the PTS successfully, however we can assure you that characters on Live servers will not be affected in any way should the tool fail. If you notice that you filled out the survey but your character did not copy, please fill out the survey again.

We know you are all excited to play, but please also allow for constructive discourse.

since it seems to be a task bordering on the impossible to actually copy characters over to a test server in any large numbers, why not at least throw up the option for some pre-made, leveled and geared toons that we could use to test. it's not optimal, but it beats having to reinvent the damn wheel again and level up from scratch. at the very least, take a que from another EA-owned property and put up vendors that could level you instantly and give out pre-packaged level 50 gear?

if this is preview of how server transfers are going to work in 4 days, may the old and the new gods bless you because you are gonna have one really bad day on 6/12.

if this is preview of how server transfers are going to work in 4 days, may the old and the new gods bless you because you are gonna have one really bad day on 6/12.

I like you because you're a Game of Thrones fan.

While I can certainly appreciate your skepticism, understand that these are two very different processes. We all want to make sure that character transfers work 100% of the time, but as it is a new system, of course there may be some things to work out once it goes live. Rest assured that many eyes will be monitoring to make sure that the process goes well.

Allison relayed that character copies were done for today and that players who filled out their surveys incorrectly, may not have copied over. One of the most common reasons why a copy fails is a mistake somewhere on the survey, but of course, other factors may be a cause. In fact, on the PTS blog we state:

We cannot guarantee that every character will copy to the PTS successfully, however we can assure you that characters on Live servers will not be affected in any way should the tool fail. If you notice that you filled out the survey but your character did not copy, please fill out the survey again.

We know you are all excited to play, but please also allow for constructive discourse.

I realize this is just the PR response you're supposed to be giving... However, I would suggest a revision in the interest of "Constructive Discourse". Instead of putting MOST of the blame on the player base via "User Error" (I'll clarify: Telling us we're making mistakes by filling out a 15 second survey by putting in our personal information incorrect SEVERAL TIMES), tell us you're having internal problems like a responsible company would who is releasing testing content for their player base, and/or e-mail us specific reasons why our surveys were "Filled out incorrectly"

Just a thought...

So just tried to get one character transfered and it was a no go. Was looking forward to testing 1.3. I did type in all my information correctly and as my character name is kel and only 3 letters long..... not hard to spell correctly.

I hope you guys can get this right soon.

I am pretty sure I filled everything out correctly several times during the week. Toon still not copied. Toon name is simple English character. Can't see what could go wrong between keyboard and the chair. So I have to blame the process.

Disappointed but I guess we have to move on.

BW does still need to investigate and change the process. We really don't want to miss out again for the same process failure when 1.4 comes out for testing.

It's still our fault?

I find it hard to believe that this many people don't know how to spell their character name or account name.

We can all accept that there is no guarantee our character will transfer, but at least don't pin the blame on us when so many are sure we filled out the form correctly.

This is total BS, no way this many people, me included managed to fill in the survey wrong and not get xfer for testing. We only had to fill in our server name, forum name and chars name to be xfered.

But please please please tell me how we ALL can possibly do that wrong. go on i dare you. If you dont want us to test just say "hello we dont want you to test" and we wont, its as simple as that. Because it was stated, everyone fill in the survey again before X time and you will be transfered today even though we had filled in the survey already. And i Quote

If you haven't been copied, you should try filling the survey out again before the end of the day today. If it is filled out correctly, you'll be copied as part of tomorrow's batch!

Seriously, chars name is Jon, how can i possibly spell that wrong, forum name is right there and i put the correct server in every time i filled it in. If your having so much trouble with it just go get Gabe to copy and paste the warhammer system and stick it on this website instead of surveymonkey that dont tell us jack.

Edit- And whilst we are at it, why is this being told to people in the general forums instead of the pts forums where people are actually looking for this info.

Edited by Shingara

Guys, you've now copied my main character to the PTS THREE times!

I've filled the form in correctly. However, I think the problem is this:

My account/forum name is the same as my main characters name. Whoever is manually copying my characters over is ignoring the part where I specify the in-game name of my character.

Please fix this, and copy over Fawcett and Iladen from the Frostclaw server.

Thanks.

While I can certainly appreciate your skepticism, understand that these are two very different processes. We all want to make sure that character transfers work 100% of the time, but as it is a new system, of course there may be some things to work out once it goes live. Rest assured that many eyes will be monitoring to make sure that the process goes well.

The "many eyes" should be involved during testing, it is a consistent failure of Bioware during beta and on through launch. The person your responded too had a point however - we all know character transfers to PTS are different than the character service process, but you hardly install faith and your record is poor.

Accusing the player base of not filling out forms correctly isn't good enough, seriously there are three fields and one of them is a drop down selector? Regardless if that WERE the case that failure still falls at your developers feet and there is no avoiding it. The whole process looked like it was put together in 5 minutes, no confirmation, no error checking, no real detail. What many are rightly sceptical towards is the fact character transfers are starting Tuesday yet THAT system isn't being "real world" tested for copies to the PTS.

You can only trade on the reputation of "worlds most successful MMO launch" for so long, and your time is up. More so when that achievement counts for nothing when the game is lacking the basics for an MMO launched this decade.

But back to the original point and PTS transfers - either someone is feeding the community people a line or the community people are trying to feed us one. Falling back to pointing out the "fine print" of the character transfer process is weak. A simple apology would have been a start but that doesn't seem to be in anyones vocabulary at Bioware is it?.

Sometimes when I log in to the game I feel like Bioware is repeatedly slapping me in the face. When I read the forums it feels like they are repeatedly punching me in the face.

Edited by Ntranced

Server: Sith Wyrm

Character: Tankbunnie

Filled out form twice, definitely correct. No copy. My level 10 from the 1.2 update is still there.

I'll fill it out again, but please look into the system, it is not working as intended. Once you find the problem, please do another batch.

Thank you.

Edited by QuickBunnie

Server: Sith Wyrm

Character: Tankbunnie

Filled out form twice, definitely correct. No copy. My level 10 from the 1.2 update is still there.

I'll fill it out again, but please look into the system, it is not working as intended. Once you find the problem, please do another batch.

Thank you.

I'd be curious to see how many of us that didn't get copied over had characters on test from the previous testing.

I'd be curious to see how many of us that didn't get copied over had characters on test from the previous testing.

I've an Assassin I got to the fleet for the title in 1.2's testing phase. Was hoping to use my Guardian to take a stab at the 1.3 titles but evidently I "typed something wrong"

That best not be the reason as they specifically asked us to level fresh chars to 30 on the pts for 1.2 to test the legacy.

i filled out the survey a few weeks ago...i wasn't copied over this morning, but later in the day the copy went through. i received no notification...so just keep checking. also check out my new mount that was waiting in my mailbox.

http://i.imgur.com/HHD5a.jpg

i filled out the survey a few weeks ago...i wasn't copied over this morning, but later in the day the copy went through. i received no notification...so just keep checking. also check out my new mount that was waiting in my mailbox.

http://i.imgur.com/HHD5a.jpg

Thanks for getting my hopes up :p Alas still no transfer.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.