EA Alienating your clients is good for business..

Dizkazk

I'm gonna adpot this new strategy for my own business. I'm just gonna piss of all my clients, tell them I'll be there early but it might be Tuesday or I could show up Saturday. You'll never know, better stick by the phone and wait for my call.

I just cannot beleive EA would take alientating over a million players so they could have a smoother technical launch. My belief is no mater how good launch goes , EA has already lost. Pissing the entire forums off, which was totally predictable is not good for business. Letting some people in and not others creates a very very bad atmosphere. Far worse than servers with Ques, Crashes etc

No doubt whoever decided on this did not anticipate the backlash. Whenever a client sees another with a company advantage they want in also. To deny that them that means losing customers.

I cannot fathom how this brain fart of an idea made is past the meeting room.

I'm gonna adpot this new strategy for my own business. I'm just gonna piss of all my clients, tell them I'll be there early but it might be Tuesday or I could show up Saturday. You'll never know, better stick by the phone and wait for my call.

I just cannot beleive EA would take alientating over a million players so they could have a smoother technical launch. My belief is no mater how good launch goes , EA has already lost. Pissing the entire forums off, which was totally predictable is not good for business. Letting some people in and not others creates a very very bad atmosphere. Far worse than servers with Ques, Crashes etc

No doubt whoever decided on this did not anticipate the backlash. Whenever a client sees another with a company advantage they want in also. To deny that them that means losing customers.

I stand with you, so do the other 2 million people who cant post on the fourms! YES they are censoring the fourms aswell!

I'm gonna adpot this new strategy blah blah blah.

Sup bro. Heard you were ragin'. You should really read the fine print when you buy/order/do things. I followed the rules and did what I was supposed to do. I got in this morning at 7:13am.

TOR will be ready for me when I leave the office tonight too. Sup. Life ain't fair.

The only problem I have is I'm in the dark as to when. If they were to tell me I play sometime on the 16th I could actually handle it. But as it is I don't know if it's the 16th, or today, or the 18th...

They are giving EARLY ACCESS. NOT A LAUNCH. Why can't some people understand this concept. EARLY LAUNCH was a gradual launch not a full blows OPEN THE FLOOD GATES. Stop acting like they are screwing people--they are actually being incredibly generous by doing this.

WAAHHHHHHH! (pat. pend. 2011)

Meanwhile, in an alternate dimension ...

"I just cannot believe EA would alienate over a million players by trying to get everyone in at once. ONE day! OMG how can they NOT have known that the servers would crash or the lign queue would hang!?! EVERY MMO has had server-load issues on day 1. OMG EA did you think you were different!? You should try to actually learn from every other MMO and not repeat the same mistakes!!!

/some rants about cancelling

/some rants about my cat being unhappy

blah blah blah whine whine whine.

"

Look ... the servers are being gradually and dare-I-say gracefully filled. You fill the glass from the faucet, not the fire hose so get a grip. EA promised up to (read again: UP TO) 5 days early access and I guess some people are right, they lied ... they are giving UP TO 7 days early access. Am I in that group? Nope. Am I having a freaking hissy fit because I probably will not get in 1st day? No.

Grow up (not just to the OP).

as i pre ordered on Order Date: October 10, 2011. i dont think ill be in for a few days. id rather know when but live is life.

im more up set about not knowing when ill get my box, will i be locked out for 1 day 2 ? 5?

who knows.

its a bit like the cable guy. never know when he will show. but we still wait for him.