Ultimate PVP Loadout - How have you arranged your mods?

Jagil

I'm currently working on optimizing my pvp gear as I build up, have 4 WH pieces and have already hit the recommended values for crit, expertise and crit damage (currently have 28% crit%, 1200exp and 74% crit bonus damage).

As I buy WH items, I'm slotting all their mods into augmented gear and adding on Power augments for extra bonus damage.

I also bought a set of BM gloves and stripped out the enhancement mod to slot into one of my other items for some extra power (at the expense of some crit, surge and a tiny bit of exp)

What switches do people who have perfectly optimized gear do? I've been told over and over that straight WH weaponmaster gear is nowhere near the best setup to use.

Are there any DPS simulators that will allow you to test all the combinations against a target with x% DR? What do you think the ultimate, acheivable stats are (unbuffed)?

STR:

PWR:

EXP:

CRIT%:

CRIT BONUS%:

Edited by Jagil

A secondary stat will never be more viable then a primary stat. In this case you are saying that 18 power > 18 STR and that's simply not the case. The only time this would work is if you were capped on STR or were recieving deminishing returns on STR, both of which cannot happen currently in the game. The 18STR 12END is the best pound for pound augment you can get. The only other time I can see a benefit to choosing a secondary stat over your primary stat is if you are incredibly low on Surge or Crit rating, but you will find yourself yanking those mods to replace them with STR mods once you start gearing up a bit.

Are you Annihilation or Carnage? If you are Annihilation then power is even lower on the totem pole simply because our damage is sustained and power will help that but not nearly as much as other stats will.

More on topic, I am going to be using the Exalted Marauder's Bracers and Belt and buying 2 extra pairs of WH Gloves to yank the Armoring and Mod out of. This gives me better stats then the WH Bracers and Belt do and only require minimal effort in getting 2 pairs of gloves vs the WH Belt and Bracers, 1k more ranked comms. The WH Gloves armoring does not say (Gloves) on it so this should work. The stat difference is worth the extra 1k comms though. Believe it or not with 5/5 main set WH, along with STR Augments I am sitting at almost perfect stats, 29% Crit, 75.00% Surge(Can you believe its exactly 75%??) and 100% Accuracy. Im also comepletely finished with all companion quests too and they are ll 10000/10000 so I get 1% bonus to Acc, Surge, Crit, HP and Healing done on me. 1% is actually a very high amount, so its worth getting those done.

A secondary stat will never be more viable then a primary stat. In this case you are saying that 18 power > 18 STR and that's simply not the case.

Not exactly true. 18 power provides more bonus damage than 18 strength (4 power per bonus dmg versus 5 strength per bonus damage). 18 power will not give the additional crit rating that strength will give. So really it just depends on your priority. As rage, I'm modding out for 72% crit multiplier, and dumping the rest into power. Crit rating is worse than useless, and acc is sitting about 99.xx%, and I find that sufficient for my needs, considering very few of my attacks rely on accuracy.

Edited by AGoldCrayon

Looking at the bonus damage formulas: Str bonus damage = str * 0.2 where Pwr bonus damage = pwr * 0.23

So for 7 equipped augments you will get 25 bonus damage using str or 29 bonus damage using power.... but Str will give you a tiny crit % benefit over power too (especially when you are already around 30%)

Going by the maths, the differences are small, but favor power slightly in terms of bonus damage.

Looking at the bonus damage formulas: Str bonus damage = str * 0.2 where Pwr bonus damage = pwr * 0.23

So for 7 equipped augments you will get 25 bonus damage using str or 29 bonus damage using power.... but Str will give you a tiny crit % benefit over power too (especially when you are already around 30%)

Going by the maths, the differences are small, but favor power slightly in terms of bonus damage.

I approve this post +1:cool:

More on topic, I am going to be using the Exalted Marauder's Bracers and Belt and buying 2 extra pairs of WH Gloves to yank the Armoring and Mod out of. This gives me better stats then the WH Bracers and Belt do and only require minimal effort in getting 2 pairs of gloves vs the WH Belt and Bracers, 1k more ranked comms. The WH Gloves armoring does not say (Gloves) on it so this should work. .

I will save you from the effort, you cannot put the gloves Armoring to your Exalted Belt.

Edited by BingoLarsson

note: if u have inquisitor legacy buff, it will be 0.21