1.3 on PTS tomorrow

irishtim

Darth Hater says on their Twitter that 1.3 is hitting the PTS tomorrow.

Darth Hater ‏@realdarthhater

Game Update 1.3: Allies coming to the PTS tomorrow http://www.darthhater.com/articles/swtor-news/20607-e3-2012-star-wars-the-old-republic-behind-closed #SWTOR

It also says that transfers are only a couple of weeks away

Any one have info/e-mails on PTS character copies ???

My PTS is downloading a patch ATM as well... Here's for hoping 50's can get copied to test HM FP LFD.

Hopefully my Sage made the transfer i would love to test properly tomorrow, either way this means that transfers are only a couple of weeks away (based on time 1.2 was on server)

It also says that transfers are only a couple of weeks away

That's weird, they haven't been already telling us that for months now or anything. Not that I don't appreciate you posting this information! Thanks for keeping us up to date, because Bioware clearly wont. I've developed an overall hatred for Bioware as a whole. It's always "soon". :(

Why can't this information come from Bioware?

Bioware continues to fail at communicating to the community. Copy-pasting the same information over and over to us is not communication. I sincerely hope, throughout each passing day, that each and every one of them loses their jobs and suffers hardships as a result of their bad decisions and explicit willingness to not care about their community.

Neither EA or Bioware care about us. They really don't. (Regardless of their weekly copy-paste stating otherwise)

How long do patches typically spend on the PTS before they are released?

Though BW has been saying Soon for transfers for a while now, 1.3 moving to the PTS tommorrow is encouraging news. They said that transfers will be coming before the patch hits so it shouldn't be much longer now. Only a few weeks until I can level a Scoundrel Healer using Flashpoints!

Edited by Moricthian

Nice info OP, thanks. I already filled out the server to copy my 50 scoundrel, but where do I download the PTS?

open the game log in but before you press play click the cog wheel and enable PTS you will have to download and entirely new version of the game (so leave the computer doing it overnight or something) but it should be good to test the new group finder

open the game log in but before you press play click the cog wheel and enable PTS you will have to download and entirely new version of the game (so leave the computer doing it overnight or something) but it should be good to test the new group finder

Thank you!

When they have a rep in the closed door presentation at E3...

^^ this

and if you didn't see dev just posted

Game Update 1.3 is coming to our Public Test Server Tomorrow and we want you to be prepared! You may now download and update to the latest version of the Public Test Server now.

Check out this blog for more information on how to set up for testing on PTS and this blog for how to sign up for character copying.

We’ll see you on PTS tomorrow!

looks like i beat them to the anouncement :p

So I have to download 11.64 GB? Wow..

yep unfortunately, oh and another thing when you finish the download to log into the PTS log in normally but next to the cog wheel should be a bird like arrowy icon click it and press PTS

enjoy

Edited by irishtim