New Content vs Current Content STILL BUGGED

Enlanzer

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This post says a lot about the inexperience of the person in the field they insult people about. :rolleyes:

Edit: To add something meaningful to the discussion: If I am a car dealer and you are a car manufacturer, we each have our own specialization in our job. You maker the cars and I sell them. We do our job simultaneously so the flow of cars keeps going and we have a steady flow on income and trade for our business. I am the best at my job and you are the best at your job. We do not mix or try to help the other because, more often then not, I know nothing about making cars and you know nothing about dealing with people to sell them cars. In the end, we are all better off doing our own job and not try to clutter up each other's space. Make sense now?

This analogy is flawed. Yes a developer is different from a writer or a graphic artist or even a QA professional. However I believe he's talking about just developers. Developers working on new code are just as capable of debugging current code so your analogy doesn't wash.

With that said, they are right in saying that if they all worked on bug fixes people would complain about lack of new content. Also lack of new content affects all game players, not all bugs do. So you would risk ticking off even more people by throwing every one in bug fixing.

Edited by JerokTalram

Or you could do what Blizzard does and address both

Like they do with D3 right now?

Where the performance of the game seems to go down with every patch, with terrible lag, login-issues almost all teh time, semi-working AH, security breaches and downtime four days in a row last week?

Yeah, let's take Blizzard as the shining example.

So you had a bad night in EV, and all of a sudden you can't raid because the bugs make the game unplayable? Agreed, SOA is hit or miss, but he is by no means as buggy as he used to be (tbh, i preferred when he was because it made the fight much less trivial). Not to mention that BW has essentially said that they messed up EV and were pretty much moving on from it (alluded to at the guild summit a while back).

LOL

hit or miss but not as buggy???

my guild lost around 10 members who got SO fed up with the SOA bugs they rage quite and NEVER CAME BACK.

my guild is now gone and moved on from SWTOR like BW has from EV.....

but yeah, keep making excuses while people keep leaving the game....

Doing KP and EC every week and EV from time to time after 1.2 and never encountered any serious game breaking bug, maybe some people should first think more about doing the raid properly instead of blaming everything on bugs.

The quote "it's not a bug, it's a feature!" might sound silly but it's sometimes completely right ;)

LOL

hit or miss but not as buggy???

my guild lost around 10 members who got SO fed up with the SOA bugs they rage quite and NEVER CAME BACK.

my guild is now gone and moved on from SWTOR like BW has from EV.....

but yeah, keep making excuses while people keep leaving the game....

Do EC story mode and kill Toth and Zorn for the Rakata breastplate.

My guild has went into EV every week since we started raiding, after the 1.2 patch that fixed the double tick lightning orbs we haven't had any gamebreaking issues with that operation. The only problem we run into is that exotech patterns don't drop when master looter is enabled and while annoying it's by no means gamebreaking. Before the 1.2 patch we would have platform issues but none since so I don't know what to tell you.

My guild has went into EV every week since we started raiding, after the 1.2 patch that fixed the double tick lightning orbs we haven't had any gamebreaking issues with that operation. The only problem we run into is that exotech patterns don't drop when master looter is enabled and while annoying it's by no means gamebreaking. Before the 1.2 patch we would have platform issues but none since so I don't know what to tell you.

In fact we just yesterday got the incredibly awesome Exotech Command Stim yesterday with ML on. :p

@Phinion:

Or Lost Island-HM for Rakata chest.

In fact we just yesterday got the incredibly awesome Exotech Command Stim yesterday with ML on. :p

@Phinion:

Or Lost Island-HM for Rakata chest.

Forgot about that one. Haven't done a flashpoint in awhile since I have not seen anything of value drop out of them. All the "end-game" gear seems to only drop from raids.

First, teams working in parallel, some on the bugs, some on new features and content.

2nd, about sounds, they said they were working on it and told us there was more than one bug. They already fixed some of the sound issues in the last patches.

Are you implying that in 7 weeks, not one person on this "parallel team" has been able to duplicate or fix the sound bug? SEVEN WEEKS to fix what I feel is a game breaking bug. SEVEN weeks!!!

First people complain they want bioware to add to their story and bring more stuff and now they complain when they said they would be doing so this year. No date was said on the new planet etc but yet everyone is complaining because they are looking to add more stuff.

Gee I don't think you know what you want. :rolleyes:

They don't. I called this four months ago. Players just do not know what they actually want. That's why the fact that BioWare listened too much to players at first about destroyed this game. They need to do it less.

Edited by JeramieCrowe

Are you implying that in 7 weeks, not one person on this "parallel team" has been able to duplicate or fix the sound bug? SEVEN WEEKS to fix what I feel is a game breaking bug. SEVEN weeks!!!

Who is to say what actualy creates the sound bug, if it were simply the sound files it would be fixed. does it effect everyone, does it only effect people with specific sound cards or all soundcards, is it something todo with the OS or even something ingame thats clashing with running proccess's on peoples pcs. Maybe its something with specific drivers. In the millions of lines of code that have been changed with the last few patchs which line of code in those millions of lines of code is conflicting.

see where this is going.

Edited by Shingara

I'm pretty sure it's a safe bet that Ilum has quietly gone off the radar. Haven't heard a peep about it for months now.

Yes, it does piss me off that devs make new content when old content still doesn't work. Six+ months after said content was released. But, oh well.

I guess making new content is easier than fixing existing content, as idiotic as that sounds. :rolleyes:

Edit: Also, yes, huge LOLOLOLOS at how they still haven't managed to fix the sound bugs introduced with 1.2. They don't even talk about it anymore.

Edited by revial

I'm pretty sure it's a safe bet that Ilum has quietly gone off the radar. Haven't heard a peep about it for months now.

No they're working on it. They have some systems in mind. They're taking a look at it. They'll release more information when it's ready. They don't want to say anything until they have a firm timeline. You should hear something "soon."

Are you saying that a game that has roughly 9 times the sound effects should be compared to other MMOs? Additionally, they've claimed that there are multiple sources for these bugs that cause the sound errors.

No they're working on it. They have some systems in mind. They're taking a look at it. They'll release more information when it's ready. They don't want to say anything until they have a firm timeline. You should hear something "soon."

well really its only the Illum pvp area thats borked is it not, the pve part of it works perfectly.

No, it means there is many different sound bugs, that some are caused by overlapping issues.

Seriously though, what are these bugs specifically? Every bug I've ran into has been fixed(minus sound).

I'm just curious about specifics.

Who is to say what actualy creates the sound bug, if it were simply the sound files it would be fixed. does it effect everyone, does it only effect people with specific sound cards or all soundcards, is it something todo with the OS or even something ingame thats clashing with running proccess's on peoples pcs. Maybe its something with specific drivers. In the millions of lines of code that have been changed with the last few patchs which line of code in those millions of lines of code is conflicting.

see where this is going.

No, I see you coming up with excuses. You're pretending that this is an isolated incident when it's not.

The sound started going out the night 1.2 was released (the day of 1.2). Everyone I know has it, so you can negate tons of variables (OS, sound card, driver #, some unknown process). On top of that, it effects cut scenes - NPC's mouths don't even move (new FP, the professor just transforms, no lips moving, no sound), so it's obviously something within the CODE, not client side.

I've given the steps to recreate the problem, EVERY time, without fail (for me), yet we continue to get "update your audio drivers" as replies to bug tickets.

I'm not going to guess what the problem actually is (ok, I will, I think it's the cheat detection software they added causing the conflict), but I assure you, it's noting on MY machine that caused it. With the millions of $ BiowarEA poured into voice acting for this game, you'd think sound might be an important issue for them, but their current actions (or inaction), on this issue, indicate they simply don't care or are too poorly qualified to get something right that even free android app programmers don't screw up. It's SLOPPY and incredibly unprofessional from a company like EA/Bioware.