What am I paying for?

Freezzo

I've been playing since launch. This game costs subscription money, box price, digital edition items (I know :rolleyes:). Where does all that money go? I pay monthly to get:

- 1.1: erm... a new ops I've not seen? And a flashpoint that I did see! Dailies?

- 1.2: another ops I haven't seen? A flashpoint I saw. Pets I collected. Rakghoul plague that I did. Mounts. Dailies? Oh, and legacy, something that's not worth that much as it's just another extra feature.

- 1.3: group finder? Seriously? Legacy updates? More dailies?

- In between: Bugfixes. That should be a free service!

Where does my sub go to and when do I get the content back for it? Stop putting my money in your pockets, stop laying off the team and make some content! I like this game, but I also pay for it and on a certain moment the liking gets lower and the value of my money gets higher and my sub will stop.

Edit:

You are paying for access to SWTOR. What somone else does with their money is their business. While it may be wise for them to disclose what projects will be coming in the future so you can feel you are getting a good value for the money you spend, it really is none of your business how BW spends their money.

This is a much better way to say what I tried to.

Edited by Freezzo

I've been playing since launch. This game costs subscription money, box price, digital edition items (I know :rolleyes:). Where does all that money go? I pay monthly to get:

- 1.1: erm... a new ops I've not seen? And a flashpoint that I did see! Dailies?

- 1.2: another ops I haven't seen? A flashpoint I saw. Pets I collected. Rakghoul plague that I did. Mounts. Dailies? Oh, and legacy, something that's not worth that much as it's just another extra feature.

Where does my sub go to and when do I get the content back for it? Stop putting my money in your pockets, stop laying off the team and make some content! I like this game, but I also pay for it and on a certain moment the liking gets lower and the value of my money gets higher and my sub will stop.

obvious troll is obvious....

Nobody is forcing you to pay, simple fact is that if it is that bad and bothers you that much just quit until such time you feel the game will live upto the standards you require.

obvious troll is obvious....

I'm sorry, but I'm not trolling. I want to know where all that money goes. The additions to this game have been utterly crappy and all I can do is pay to play the same thing over and over? At the beginning of the game they had 2 million subs. That's, written out, 30.000.000$ a month. Don't tell me they even spent 1/3rd of that reinvesting in the game.

I'm sorry, but I'm not trolling. I want to know where all that money goes. The additions to this game have been utterly crappy and all I can do is pay to play the same thing over and over? At the beginning of the game they had 2 million subs. That's, written out, 30.000.000$ a month. Don't tell me they even spent 1/3rd of that reinvesting in the game.

are you a shareholder of ea? because then and only then do you deserve to know where they spent the money.. if you dont believe the development of the game is worth the money you are giving them to play..then that is a different matter.. but bioware unless you invest with them is under no need to tell you what they spent their money on

that being said ... they have a huge staff.. still one of the biggest in the industry ( as confirmed yesterday at e3) and then they lay people off, and people complain that development will suffer...yet you are complaining cost AND development are problems.. sadly people need to pick one

are you a shareholder of ea? because then and only then do you deserve to know where they spent the money.. if you dont believe the development of the game is worth the money you are giving them to play..then that is a different matter.. but bioware unless you invest with them is under no need to tell you what they spent their money on

that being said ... they have a huge staff.. still one of the biggest in the industry ( as confirmed yesterday at e3) and then they lay people off, and people complain that development will suffer...yet you are complaining cost AND development are problems.. sadly people need to pick one

I was talking about the relation between them. Either keep a full staff, roll out content and I'm happily paying or don't and let me pay less. That's not about picking one.

Other than that, it's my good right to ask where they're spending my money on whilst threatening them with not giving them any more. For most companies other than EA it's a valid reason to inform you they are working on getting me my money's worth and how they plan to do it.

Just the lack of communication and saying 'we're working on stuff' isn't worth anything to me. Saying they plan to roll out content between months x and y and proving themselves trustworthy by actually doing so, then I will be satisfied with paying.

the bottom line is that this game should be free to play. there are plenty of other chat rooms around that dont charge anything. BW basically gave us this past month for free becuase they knew the game was going to suck hard during this period and they wanted to try and keep us on. well i suggest another a free month for putting us through this.

and the idea of unsub if you dont like it is the type of mentality that will get this game to go free to play in no time.

Did you really think a Bioware Official type person would come onto this forums and show you a breakdown of their costs,wages and profits for the last quarter!?

Please get real.......there is no point to this thread whatsoever. If you do not like a game, its easy to stop playing it.

You have got to be kidding?

Ok, ill play along that you are ignorant.

1. they have to pay the electric bills

2. they have to pay the staff

3 they need to pay the isp

4 etc, etc....

It's as cheap as ordering a pizza. And that lasts how long?

If you can't afford a monthly fee, I'm guessing your from some 3rd world country??

And it will go free to play to a degree ( up to lvl 15) which is comparable to the 800lb gorilla's plan.

There are games which are free (f2p), but you still need to pay to really play them.... they are not really free unless your basically just checking them out. If you plan to really play them you need to pay ( ala lotro, etc)

Edited by Dein_Cathair

You have got to be kidding?

Ok, ill play along that you are ignorant.

1. they have to pay the electric bills

2. they have to pay the staff

3 they need to pay the isp

4 etc, etc....

It's as cheap as ordering a pizza. And that lasts how long?

If you can't afford a monthly fee, I'm guessing your from some 3rd world country??

And it will go free to play to a degree ( up to lvl 15) which is comparable to the 800lb gorilla's plan.

This game is not made is some back room or someones garage.

There are games which are free, but you still need to pay to really play them....

Yes and? Your argument brings that they need money in the short term and don't focus on the long term to eventually gain a constant and overall (10-year plan) higher return on their investment. Aside from direct costs I think that with the sub drops and low content output they are screwing themselves over.

I'm not saying that I want their whole budget, I just wonder what happens to my money, as I never see any of it. And the paying of the staff should lead to more content :rolleyes:

None of your business, no more or less then it is their business where your money goes. You pay for something, you get that something. The end.

Really people, this board is becoming epic. You pay the price of a pizza and a beer for a month's worth of game time and people are complaining? If fifteen dollars a month even raises a thought in your head you should not be playing video games, but using that time to either find a better job, or working a second one. Even a kid with a paper route could afford that.

Yes and? Your argument brings that they need money in the short term and don't focus on the long term to eventually gain a constant and overall (10-year plan) higher return on their investment. Aside from direct costs I think that with the sub drops and low content output they are screwing themselves over.

I'm not saying that I want their whole budget, I just wonder what happens to my money, as I never see any of it. And the paying of the staff should lead to more content :rolleyes:

You see, they need to make what is called a "profit". Now maybe if this was communist china 30 years ago, none of this would be applicable and you would be right. Now keep in mind they use that profit to hire more people to add in content/ fix issues besides just making a profit.

Their current plan is comparable to the 800lb gorilla's plan (WoW).

Now if this was an older game who had really low sub numbers f2p does become an option as most of those teams are working on MULTIPLE projects,

I would suggest you get your lawnmower out and start looking to cut your neighbors grass or maybe try a paper route if you cannot afford the small amount they charge per month.

You are paying for access to SWTOR. What somone else does with their money is their business. While it may be wise for them to disclose what projects will be coming in the future so you can feel you are getting a good value for the money you spend, it really is none of your business how BW spends their money.

None of your business, no more or less then it is their business where your money goes. You pay for something, you get that something. The end.

Really people, this board is becoming epic. You pay the price of a pizza and a beer for a month's worth of game time and people are complaining? If fifteen dollars a month even raises a thought in your head you should not be playing video games, but using that time to either find a better job, or working a second one. Even a kid with a paper route could afford that.

It's not about the quantity. It's about not getting that pizza and that beer for my money. EAWare seems to be satisfied with people standing around on the fleet waiting for something to do. That's a total lack of knowing what the playerbase wants.

I want this game to succeed and I want to have fun in the game on other parts than chatting and roleplaying, things I don't need this game for. I love star wars and the first time through leveling was awesome, but after that it declined. Rapidly.

People like you making fun of people who are concious on where they spend their money and what they spend it on are the problem of the gaming industry.

I know that and that's my major concern. I may have outed it wrong, but that's exactly what's happening. I don't feel I'm getting a good return on my money.

the bottom line is that this game should be free to play. there are plenty of other chat rooms around that dont charge anything. BW basically gave us this past month for free becuase they knew the game was going to suck hard during this period and they wanted to try and keep us on. well i suggest another a free month for putting us through this.

and the idea of unsub if you dont like it is the type of mentality that will get this game to go free to play in no time.

Unsub if you don't like it, it exactly what you should do. If the game, to you, is no longer worth the $15 a month, then why should you continue to pay it? But if you pay nothing, expect to get the same in return.

Hello everyone!

We do appreciate feedback, both positive and negative. However, we also ask that this feedback be constructive. This post goes into more detail about what we're looking for in feedback and how to make sure your feedback is constructive and helpful. With that in mind, we're closing this thread now.

If you would like to know what upcoming content the developers have in the works, please check out the threads linked below:

Coming Soon to STAR WARS: The Old Republic - Patch 1.3 Content

Preview Exciting New Reveals from E3! - Future Content

Thank you for understanding and helping us make sure that the forums are as constructive and helpful as possible!