Hk-51

RevanKnight

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is just a random HK-51 that our characters find lying around in the Fatality crash on Hoth.....mind you the Fatality was a ship carrying a load of HK-51s after the factory they were built in was destroyed by HK-50s so saying it is random might not be the most accurate statement, but you know I've completely lost where I meant to go with this and I just can't stop typing.

Bottom line, yeah HK-51 is a different (and improved) droid from HK-47.

Ah, should be interesting really, I wonder if it'll be the same planet you find him on.

http://www.darthhater.com/articles/swtor-news/20634-e3-2012-darth-hater-interview-with-daniel-erickson

Some info in the article on getting HK51. You may need a imp and a pub to get him. Sounds interesting. Spoiler contains snippets from the article relevant to hk51

HK-51 — you talked about how he’s coming with new missions, etc. and you’re basically unlocking him?

HK-51 is actually part of the Legacy system. He is a very hard companion to get, and there is an incredible amount of work that you’ll have to do. I will say right now that if you do not have people on both sides of the war, you probably need to go roll somebody on the other side. There is great, great new types of gameplay, new types of quests. There is a whole section of it that’s old school adventure gamey survival horror where you’re really not doing combat stuff; you’re following puzzles and solving stuff instead. Makeb has a lot of the same experimentation. We developed so many new tools and new tech that we can do so much more with our quests now than we could before. We were chasing tech for so long that now the designers really just get to go in and be crazy creative.

When you have a companion that’s going to all eight classes, is the dialogue going to differ at all?

It has to, right? So how you get him, the quest to get him, his dialogue, when he’s with you… all of that is obviously very different if you just decided that you have an assassin droid as a Jedi Knight, which I will say is a bit startling to him, versus getting it as a Sith Warrior. So yeah, there are completely different forks because it is a 100% developed companion character. You’re going to need some really high level stuff to actually be able to unlock him because of how complicated his quest is. But after that, he is a Legacy unlock so you can then go and get him much earlier with other characters.

(fighting Lvl 50 boss...Companion low health) "Systems Failing, Master." XD:d_evil:

I cannot wait to hear that again!!!!

Thanks for the imput about the meatbags, but it wont be the same without it.

I cannot wait to hear that again!!!!

Thanks for the imput about the meatbags, but it wont be the same without it.

Fyi just checked what I believe are his battle quotes, and HK-51 doesn't include master in his low health dialogue that comes closest(which is "Systems failing!").

• 2 weeks later...
okay this is good and all. but what i want to know is how we get it

You wait until 1.4(as it looks like he is not in 1.3) hits. Based on what we know at the moment it appears you will then do an unknown level 50 quest with on of your characters, do a mid-level quest with a character of the oppisite faction(or more likely have a to do a mid-level quest with both factions), and then he will be unlocked for your legacy.

What him being unlocked for your legacy means is unknown at the moment, but I'm thinking it means that allcharacters in your legacy will be able to run his recruitment quest on Hoth when they are of sufficient level.

I agree it's a shame there will not be the "meatbags" comment but I suppose that was extra programming. Been a while since I played the KOTOR games but if I remember right the programming was altered to refer to biologicals as meatbags by someone but can't exactly remember who.

Hopefully there may be further companion customisation options that may allow us to customise the personality of HK a bit more where we may eventually get an option to add such options as using the word meatbag through reprogramming HK to suit our own individual preferences a bit more.

The first time HK-47 met Malak Malak asked what HK thought of him. HK informed Malak of his 'meatbag' status and it amused Revan so much that he programmed HK to refer to all organics in that manner. LOL! I loved that bit of backstory...

The first time HK-47 met Malak Malak asked what HK thought of him. HK informed Malak of his 'meatbag' status and it amused Revan so much that he programmed HK to refer to all organics in that manner. LOL! I loved that bit of backstory...

I was laugh soo hard!

Edited by blazexts

Well, Malak was the Original Meatbag! :D

Sigh... I want the REAL HK, not some HK-50. I mean, if HK-47 is fixed up by the Exile, by Revan, by Malak, by some guys 4000 years later, why can't we have the option of rebuilding him for ourselves???? Sniffle...

To the best of my knowledge he has been pushed back to a later patch(probably 1.4) because they decided to make 1.3 a utility/ease of life patch as opposed to a content patch.

this is now the *****test patch ever! No HK-51 makes tarion something something

1.4 bro. At least you can visit the fatality crash site and simply look at the red door to his instance.

I know bro, but man i was so pshyched to get me a murder bot. -sigh- I cant find this alleged fatality crash site do you have the co-ords. I have fully cleaned the hoth map but i cant find it.