Did anyone notice Makeb looks like a sandbox planet

Keymod

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want to have more sandbox features in MMOs, go and play sandbox MMOs, help to make them a success and other MMOs will adapt features from them. But no, you don't do that, instead you demand on themepark MMO's forums new sandbox features and don't even use those small sandbox features it has like Tatooine's Outlaw's Den, for example. Edited by Rouge

Some very true facts im losing hope of it being sandbox

People make the sandbox, not the devs. And in SWTOR most people are not interested about sandbox and the rest want dev done guided themepark sandbox.

If you want to have more sandbox features in MMOs, go and play and sandbox MMOs, help to make them a success and other MMOs will adapt features from them. But no, you don't do that, instead you demand on themepark MMO's forums new sandbox features and don't even use those small sandbox features it has like Tatooine's Outlaw's Den, for example.

Totally agree with you. Can't figure this people out. This game has never been a sandbox game....never was supposed to be a sandbox game...and never will be a sandbox game. Makes no sense for some of these people to continue to moan on the forums about it. If you want Chinese food, you go to a Chinese restaurant. You don't go into an Italian restaurant and complain that they don't serve Chinese food. You want a sandbox MMO? Then go buy one...don't buy a themepark MMO and complain it's not a sandbox MMO.

The programming for much of this game is done by a third party that is fulfilling requirements placed on them by BW.

You are confusing programming with developing art assets.

Heck the LA Times wrote an article on how most of this thing was programmed over seas.

It's a 25 paragraph article. One of them discuss the use of overseas contracts for development of art assets, as well as quality assurance, server operations, and customer service. Not programming. The rest of the article covers other aspects of developing the game.

Sorry, but it's more railshooting, and pathed planets.

It''s pretty clear from your level of bitterness, that no matter what BioWare delivers, you won't like it.

Edited by Kthx

THIS is a sandbox game.....and a good one it will be. Actually reminds me of swg :)

http://www.therepopulation.com/

From their FAQ....

Will There Be a Day/Night Cycle?

Yes there will. Not only will it get darker at night, but NPCs may despawn or move locations at different times of day. You may see something similar to Fireflies at night time in some locations. Lights and Signs may also turn on or off, and some shops will close.

Dayum, pretty amazing for a F2P MMO. Thanks for letting me know about it, man.

Edited by Tricky-Ha

From their FAQ....

Will There Be a Day/Night Cycle?

Yes there will. Not only will it get darker at night, but NPCs may despawn or move locations at different times of day. You may see something similar to Fireflies at night time in some locations. Lights and Signs may also turn on or off, and some shops will close.

Dayum, pretty amazing for a F2P MMO. Thanks for letting me know about it, man.

Yea it gets crazy cool when u read more, its f2p BUT with a subscription for all the added perks.

Im just looking forward to being able to taming animals and building cities and some actual crafting in game.

ALSO , everything stated in the faq WILL be in game.

Yea it gets crazy cool when u read more, its f2p BUT with a subscription for all the added perks.

Im just looking forward to being able to taming animals and building cities and some actual crafting in game.

ALSO , everything stated in the faq WILL be in game.

AND its not play to win f2p style....this game will be the next EVE. Sleeper mmo that no one hears about but then BAM....*** is that? lol

We all know how this is going to go:;)

1) Makeb looks like a sandbox planet.

2) Rumor had it that Makeb is going to be a sandbox planet.

3) Bioware said Makeb is going to be a sandbox planet.

4) Bioware lied to us when they said Makeb was going to be a sandbox planet!

We all know how this is going to go:;)

1) Makeb looks like a sandbox planet.

2) Rumor had it that Makeb is going to be a sandbox planet.

3) Bioware said Makeb is going to be a sandbox planet.

4) Bioware lied to us when they said Makeb was going to be a sandbox planet!

+2 internets :)

I think you will be disappointed if you get your hopes up that there is going to be a big sandbox element to this planet or any other in the near future. If it was designed that way, I'd bet that Bioware would have highlighted it as a new exciting feature in the video. My guess is that the events in the video are part of the quest arcs for the world itself.

Don`t do this to yourself.

It is not sandbox.

You guys are such kill joys. It's fun to be excited for something. You can be excited for something for far longer than you can be impressed by something. Even if it's not a sandbox, it could still be awesome in it's own right or if it sucks completely then your disappointed for a little while (bet it won't be months though).

These content patches that they are releasing at least up until 1.4 were pre-planned content patches. These were already designed and are being released as part of a content schedule for this game. The design of these will be such of the original development of the game and by no means "sandbox" whatsoever.

Any new kind of game-changing content is far, far away from now. Don't get your hopes up.

I think you will be disappointed if you get your hopes up that there is going to be a big sandbox element to this planet or any other in the near future. If it was designed that way, I'd bet that Bioware would have highlighted it as a new exciting feature in the video. My guess is that the events in the video are part of the quest arcs for the world itself.

^This.

In all honestly, I don't want a sandboxed game. I want a story and set-pieces that are breathtaking.

Would someone please tell me what a sandboxed game would mean in SWTOR? Loads of people on the forums seem to say that the game should have it but then manifestly fail to define what a sandboxed game is, exactly!