Would you pay for ?

fushnchips

Would people pay for in game costumes such as something from all of the Star Wars universe.

I mean $5-10 to get a neat costume I would love to look like something out of one of the 6 movies it adds more flavour to the game and looks much better than the horrible new campain/blackhole gear. So who would and who think's this idea is just a waste of time ?

Call me old school or whatever but subscription + cash store doesn't work for me. I'm not the type that would load up on virtual pets or whatever anyway, but that model seems fine for games that are free, not those that cost $40 plus a monthly sub.

One of the great things about SWTOR is they've tried to add rewards for time played with a reasonable in-game economy and haven't pushed imaginary $10 panda monks as "content" - thanks BW!

Call me old school or whatever but subscription + cash store doesn't work for me. I'm not the type that would load up on virtual pets or whatever anyway, but that model seems fine for games that are free, not those that cost $40 plus a monthly sub.

One of the great things about SWTOR is they've tried to add rewards for time played with a reasonable in-game economy and haven't pushed imaginary $10 panda monks as "content" - thanks BW!

I agree with this, though I am defintely quite the hoarder. however, I want stuff I actually had to do something for in-game, not pay for it with real money I worked for in real life. that money is supposed to go elsewhere. not forgetting to mention I would always think 'did your mum pay for that?' when I saw people running around with micro-transaction pets/mounts/clothing..

this is actually pretty much the only reason I'm not getting a lifetime sub for The Secret World. they will have a cash shop right from the start. ugh.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.