I Made the Jedi Knight's Storyline into a Trailer

I hadn't seen it done when I searched for it and enjoyed the story so I went and started leveling a Jedi Knight and recorded the class quests. I strung them together to make a trailer. It's a true labor of love which took about a month of leveling and editing together. I may do this for the other 7 classes since it gives me a good excuse to finally level an imperial character to 50. I'm open to suggestions on what to do next including class, species & gender.

Edit: For those motivated, I placed the hi-res version here for folks to download. It's roughly 300MB (after decompressing) but it looks sharper and has a much better frame rate.

Edit 2: Youtube's auto copyright detector triggered for the second song (Anakin's Betrayal). My dispute of fair use was soundly rejected (har). It means a couple of things:

A) Youtube will place ads on the video (sorry folks, I despise youtube ads too).

B) The owner can have it pulled down at his/her leisure so enjoy it while it's up and be sure to download the hi-res version!

Edited by LevelZeroZilch

I hadn't seen it done when I searched for it and enjoyed the story so I went and started leveling a Jedi Knight and recorded the class quests. I strung them together to make a trailer. It's a true labor of love which took about a month of leveling and editing together. I may do this for the other 7 classes since it gives me a good excuse to finally level an imperial character to 50. I'm open to suggestions on what to do next including class, species & gender.

I won't watch it because I'm alergic against spoilers, but I'm pretty sure that's amaing - the idea is fantastic! I had thought of it myself as well, but it seemed far too much work. :p

I won't watch it because I'm alergic against spoilers, but I'm pretty sure that's amaing - the idea is fantastic! I had thought of it myself as well, but it seemed far too much work. :p

I know what you mean! I had something important about the Sith Warrior story spoiled (my own fault) so I don't want to play through it until I've done all the other ones. If it relieves any of your concerns, I do my best to avoid significant spoilers. At most, I give you the driving conflict of Chapter 1 and a nice tease at the end of the video,

It took about 1 month. It would have been shorter but I didn't start doing this seriously until 2 weeks ago. But I also leveled a Knight before so I skipped all the side quest conversations. Since I haven't leveled any imperial characters past 10, I won't be so lucky for those four.

Not sure I follow, you want those to be included in future trailers or on their own?

Something like a "Best of companions" trailer. Yes, on their own. But that'd be quite hard to do it. You'd need different companion sequences from many characters.

Then, instead maybe a trailer about the politics, corruptions and betrayals in SWTOR?

Edited by Sammm

Something like a "Best of companions" trailer. Yes, on their own. But that'd be quite hard to do it. You'd need different companion sequences from many characters.

Then, instead maybe a trailer about the politics, corruptions and betrayals in SWTOR?

Hm. I think I understand what you're saying. I definitely think it'd be a neat project to show how some companion characters are related cross class.

For example, the Jedi Knight's healer knows the Imperial Agent's ranged tank.

That's certainly something to mull over.

The trailer is very well made! Reminds me back on Early Access when I made my Knight and began my story. Of course that was when I had my weak computer so I mainly remember 7 FPS when my knight is in combat and I'm watching a slideshow. :C

Still now with my new comp and playing the game at max it's looks so pretty. :jawa_smile:

Again, job well done on the trailer.

For the next one, I would suggest a male Pureblood Sith Warrior. Some scenes could be snippets of the first cutscene, being apprenticed to Darth Baras, the battle with Tremel, brief overview of the rest of Act 1

however, focusing on the hunt for Jaesa and her relatives, apprenticing Jaesa and forcing her to kill her already corrupted master. From there, killing the generals (especially the long chase for one of them on Taris, then the battle with Vengean, battle with Draahg, releasing the Voice, then finally killing Baras.

Wow, that's way too many spoilers. Just choose some to focus on, I guess. :)

Hm. I think I understand what you're saying. I definitely think it'd be a neat project to show how some companion characters are related cross class.

For example, the Jedi Knight's healer knows the Imperial Agent's ranged tank.

That's certainly something to mull over.

Omg I wasn't aware about that previous relationship between Doc and Kaliya! I just read about it on Wookieepedia: "He [Archiban Kimble aka Doc] also had a relationship with Kaliyo Djannis, referring to it as one of the best afternoons he ever spent." :p

This game is full of surprises.