Sorcerer needs a defensive cooldown

Lanimal

Hmmm let me see, a defensive cooldown on top of static barrier, force speed, root on overload, stun on breaking static barrier and instant whirlwind.

Oh yeah, let's do it!

Edited by Sookster

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm let me see, a defensive cooldown on top of static barrier, force speed, root on overload, stun on breaking static barrier.

Oh yeah, let's do it!

Static Barrier is a heal, not a DCD, plus you benefit from it just as much as we do meaning that if it gets counted for us, it gets counted for you leaving us still needing one to make it even.

Force Speed is a KITING tool, not a DCD.

Root on Overload is a talented ability, and is a KITING tool, not a DCD.

Blind on Barrier Break is a talented ability, and it a CC, not a DCD.

I'll give you a D-, but only for the effort.

Static Barrier is a heal, not a DCD, plus you benefit from it just as much as we do meaning that if it gets counted for us, it gets counted for you leaving us still needing one to make it even.

Force Speed is a KITING tool, not a DCD.

Root on Overload is a talented ability, and is a KITING tool, not a DCD.

Blind on Barrier Break is a talented ability, and it a CC, not a DCD.

I'll give you a D-, but only for the effort.

And those are tools you can protect yourself with.

Sure, if you consider Force Lightning a DCD too, after all, if the guy is slow and dead he can't hurt you!

Fact is, Sorcerers have no way to live through any kind of burst or focus fire, especially against ranged opponents. Other classes have the ability to pop a CD which gives them just enough X to live through it. As the squishiest class in the game, the fact that Sorcerers don't have one is a major design flaw.

Someone doesnt know the difference between kiting, CCing and tanking.

So ive hear powertechs have a great defensive cooldown, its called rail shots, it even resets every 6 seconds, if you rail shot enough people will die and they dont hit you so thats a thing you can protect yourself with!

Thats a genious right there.

Reroll, they are never changing Sorcs.

If it wasnt enough that BW feels this way, be sure the Non-Sorcs will never give up their class advantage over you. They will argue you are balanced according to some imaginary metric and still attack you every time they see you knowing full well they can kill you one on one.

If they add another level cap and give us more abilities, I would like to see the following:-

Force deflection:

45-60 sec cooldown - Deflects an incoming projectile but alo - 5%-15% (if talented) chance to deflect that spell back at the target.

Force absorb

Absorbs force damage and converts it into force. Long cooldown. Shorter cooldown talented if in the heal tree.

Mind control

The ability to control another player temporarily.

And one decent melee skill of some kind. A good hit, or kick.

Edited by PloGreen

Sure, if you consider Force Lightning a DCD too, after all, if the guy is slow and dead he can't hurt you!

Fact is, Sorcerers have no way to live through any kind of burst or focus fire, especially against ranged opponents. Other classes have the ability to pop a CD which gives them just enough X to live through it. As the squishiest class in the game, the fact that Sorcerers don't have one is a major design flaw.

Thank you C O

Melee - kite. Ranged - LoS. MMO basics 101.

If you wanna play sorc by standing here and DPS race someone, not gonna happen.

It is not about defensive CD. This class is not designed to stand in plain sight and challenge someone to DPS race. Just not designed that way. And you stubbornly want it.

Bubble absorbs 1 GCD of damage (less if the damage crits). It is also a HEAL, not a DCD.

You can't reason with most players like this. They just assume that any bubble is godmode, like a WoW pali bubble. It has a visible force field...it *must* be powerful.

Sage bubbles are a 2.5k heal that you apply in advance *and* is one of only 2 small heals that can be used on the run. That's it. Since sages and sorcs still go down like wet tissue paper bubbled or not, I hardly think it's OP.

Just admit it. *You*, player reading this post. When you see a sage/sorc in PvP, your reaction is "easy kill, low threat to me". Heck, that's even my reaction vs. other sages/sorcs. Just admit it already. Then tell us how you feel when you see a Marauder running up behind you.

Edited by Armelle

You can try to narrowly define "defensive cd" however much you like. The fact remains that as a scrapper bad sorcs are nothing but fodder while a good sorc is one of the most frustrating and difficult classes to kill in the game.

Thank you C O

Melee - kite. Ranged - LoS. MMO basics 101.

If you wanna play sorc by standing here and DPS race someone, not gonna happen.

It is not about defensive CD. This class is not designed to stand in plain sight and challenge someone to DPS race. Just not designed that way. And you stubbornly want it.

So what you are saying is that Sorcerers cannot DPS or heal, in spite of the fact that they are clearly listed as a DPS and healing class? Sorcerers are a CASTING/CHANNELING class, this means that kiting = 0 DPS/HPS output and LOS = 0 DPS/HPS output. If we cannot survive in plain sight then our only options are:

1. Run away and live

2. Kite/LOS and eventually die

Thank you for making my point easier to understand!

James Ohlen Reply -

We've actually answered this question publicly several times, but it seems when players don't like the answer, they keep asking hoping it will change. The fact is, Sorcerer and Sage healers were in a position where they could completely bypass resource management, which is intended to be a large factor of successful healing gameplay. In PvE, they're right where we want them. In PvP, there are ways to counter the health hit you take in managing your resources, and short of telling players what to do and when to do it, we're comfortable with how things are playing right now. That's not to say that we're "done," and things won't change again. But healers are actually closer to target than they've ever been in the past.

In PvP specifically, I think it would be a fine argument to make that we've increased the minimum skill required to play a Sorcerer or Sage healer, but currently we're not buying that they are ineffective or have less potential than other healers. What I am concerned about and have my eyes on, specifically, is that this skill requirement is too high for comfort. The difficulty in addressing this issue comes from finding just the right way to improve ease of use and accessibility without affecting throughput and resource management. Again, we're never "done," and it's likely that future changes to Sorcerer and Sage healers will aim at addressing this specific issue, but it's extremely unlikely that we'll go "whoops, we went too far" and undo what we've already done. So don't keep asking if that's what you're hoping to hear

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/05...ormula-behind/

This was on May 15th... 3 weeks ago. Mr. Ohlen is saying the problem with Sorc/Sages is not they need a defensive cooldown but they don't play their class to it's potential.

This is why I'm saying reroll. Regardless if everyone playing pvp says we are squishy, regardless if everyone playing one says they need defense. They are saying we are just as good as every other class as is, and further in the article they say all that is needed is a reduction of Adrenal's power.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.