What is Fun About Being Forced to Carry Bad Players?

getdownsb

I am curious, does anyone find getting completely destroyed repeatedly in a game with no personal control over said situation to be a fun and exciting experience? Am I missing something? Why can't I be grouped with people of my skill level? Heck, why can't I chose to play with people I know (if they had not quit the game)?

I am curious, does anyone find getting completely destroyed repeatedly in a game with no personal control over said situation to be a fun and exciting experience? Am I missing something? Why can't I be grouped with people of my skill level? Heck, why can't I chose to play with people I know (if they had not quit the game)?

Maybe you are. :)

Sorry bro. I know exactly how you feel. It will take some time before the average player skill goes up. I've seen my share of baddies playing WoW, but it's nothing compared to what I see on SWTOR.

Too often, it's like people don't know how to do frickin' damage. Too often have I seen people backpedalling and keyboard turning, either on my turn or theirs.

Too often in pre-50 warzones there are level 10-12 who think it's a good idea to PvP without an interrupt and a slow.

Well until rated WZs are implemented and you aren't in a premade your stuck with what you get. But I don't think crying here is doing you much good. Were you the best player when you started. Maybe somebody spoon fed you your gear and you had some special talent. I doubt it. Take these so called bads and train them if your so good, make a premade when thier ready for your caliber game. Other than that play often and play hard, but rated WZs are going to be 8 man teams. If you dont have 2 premades already it's going to be tough.

Lev 50 Sentinal Valor 78 Expertise 1302

You can form a pre made with only the elitist of players, and be forced to play with 4 randomly selected players whom are very likely incapable of spelling their own name.

Start your auditions now

Fixed this for you.

Take these so called bads and train them if your so good

Heh. I really think there's a difference between "not yet good" and "bad". The latter won't listen to tactics (and yell at you for talking about them), think they have nothing to learn, and/or just won't read ops chat.

Edited by flem

Heh. I really think there's a difference between "not yet good" and "bad". The latter won't listen to tactics (and yell at you for talking about them), think they have nothing to learn, and/or just won't read ops chat.

I agree and a "not yet good" would likely accept the help of a seasoned player!

Sounds like you're so good I can't understand why you need ANY teammates.

Try creating a useful thread next time...thaaaaeeeeenks

Edited by Kovaos

Although your post comes across as arrogant I do see your point in regards to level/spec.The problem with this game is the fact you have to team up with people who have three tiers of gear. If population wren't a problem warzones would be so much balanced if you were entered into them based on gear level.

For example a n00b warzone would only accept recruit to almost battlemaster gear, then the level up would accept full battlemaster to almost war hero, then the pro tier would be full war hero only.

That way you'd still have a gear grind but you'd be playing with people on your level rather than hold up recruits and vice versa, the only problem now is server pop otherwise such a thing would be a good idea.

no its no fun at all hence why I quit those warzones each and everytime.

I shouldnt be forced to roll a premade just to be competive against premades. im sick and tired of under geared noobs who death match in a huttball , or who cant press "M" and check how many defenders are on each side of the spawn area in voidstar (they need to be spoonfed instructions go left or go right lol. ) , or dont understand attacking/defending zergs in novare and are slow to react, or cant work out what interceptive cc is for in civil war. some players think target marking is fun!

cant they make something that detects valor rank and or gear? and matchs pvp on that sort of data? its not going to fix the problem but its a start to have equaly geared players fighting each other. valor being a indication of time invested in pvp.

Edited by falcon_Xtreme

For example a n00b warzone would only accept recruit to almost battlemaster gear, then the level up would accept full battlemaster to almost war hero, then the pro tier would be full war hero only. That way you'd still have a gear grind but you'd be playing with people on your level rather than hold up recruits and vice versa, the only problem now is server pop otherwise such a thing would be a good idea.

yeah this! ^ (still want actual valor rank to have some input into this equation)

Edited by falcon_Xtreme

You too were bad once, but your mother still carried you.

Because PvP in this game was designed for PvE glow stick fans who rather RP in rez area then actually excel at objective based PvP.

I had a guy with 7k health in a WZ the other day, true story. :eek:

Honestly what I find more annoying than anything are people that don't do objectives. I would wrather be in a team with not so good players actually trying than decent or good people who just want to fight.

The funny thing happened recently.. Camping the Alderaan turret in game we already won i checked the people gear and found out that one of players have 400Expertise and running in Champion gear..

So i *really politely* advise him to buy Recruit gear so he could be more profitable in WZ..

And know what? That player start insulting me for being noob.. that he played swtor since the release and know everything about it and he is very skilled and im just jerk.. Moreover, he put me in Ignore while i tried to find words to make an answer him.. lol..

Edited by Missandei