The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Only give defender points if you are actively defending

N_inja

Players shouldn't be encouraged to afk-defend the single turret their team has when they think they aren't going to win. The defender points should only be rewarded when you're attacking another player within the defense range of the objective.

Players shouldn't be encouraged to afk-defend the single turret their team has when they think they aren't going to win. The defender points should only be rewarded when you're attacking another player within the defense range of the objective.

It's hard enough to convince people in a PUG to defend a node, now you want them to have no reason at all?

They just need to increase the range at which you can get attacking points. Every once and a while I will get a guy to come to the point im defending and just stay there and refuse to help attack the other points. It is frustrating but I keep this in mind that when they get to ranked warzones this will never be a problem.

I agree with the OP.

Right now a lot of people que for WZs and then just give up, why? Because they've got 1 objective on Alderaan and that's enough for them. Heck, with the 0/6 games played daily, the faster you lose the better! Well, that's how they're doing it anyway.

It really annoys me when people quit WZs or just give up and go crawl into the corner. There should be a debuff for quiting Warzones - say, if you quit you can't que for 15 minutes in game.

The defender medals should be given once the match ends, if your team lost, you should get a limited amount based on how lopsided the game was. This should apply only in CW and NC.