They are improving Merc DPS soon.

Daecollo

Austin Peckenpaugh, Senior Designer: In 1.3, we're making some balance and quality of life adjustments. The highlights include tanking survivability and threat generation, with an emphasis on getting all tanks on the same target, particularly where AOE threat is concerned; Mercenary/Commando DPS improvements; Sniper/Gunslinger Marksmanship/Sharpshooter tree improvements; and some visual improvements to a few slow abilities and abilities that still aren't quite mirrored cross-faction (including Shock and Project).

The improvements that were needed (especially for arsenal) should have been *DEFENSIVE* in nature not OFFENSIVE.

That is why the PvP game designer of SWTOR is one of the worst in the history of MMOs.

He disabled Mercs not by nerfing TM but by NOT buffing defense/utility for Mercs in 1.2 and actually NERFING what little defense they had.

Edited by TheNinjaboy

I think having one ability to interrupt - which enemy toons and a host of other classes tend to have - would have made my ability to overcome the Avatar of Sel Makor (spl?) quest on Voss within reach. In fact I had the Avatar interrupting me and placing me and Mako on force choke or some such consistently resulting in getting wiped numerous times. I had to enlist a sith jugg to get thru this quest. On a server population of just 5 on Voss, Im just glad someone answered my S.O.S

I think having one ability to interrupt - which enemy toons and a host of other classes tend to have - would have made my ability to overcome the Avatar of Sel Makor (spl?) quest on Voss within reach. In fact I had the Avatar interrupting me and placing me and Mako on force choke or some such consistently resulting in getting wiped numerous times. I had to enlist a sith jugg to get thru this quest. On a server population of just 5 on Voss, Im just glad someone answered my S.O.S

No help needed, when he starts casting **** on you just LoS him behind a pillar which will reduce his damage and give Mako time to heal you. Quest is really easy when you use tools that were given to you by designers.