Warzone shutdown timer is back, YAY. But why does the populated faction get medals?

Kheg

I know the team that has a bunch of people leave at/before the beginning of a match sort of deserves to lose in a sense, but I ran into this situation yesterday in a match of Voidstar.

Queue in, waiting at spawn for match to start with maybe 6 on our team. About 20 seconds prior to match start, one person drops. As match starts, our team with five, another person decides to bail. To my shock, the warzone shutdown timer drops 30 seconds on the clock. Our valiant stalwarts hold off the impending onslaught from planting for the duration of that 30 seconds, and the match ends.

At this point I sort of expected a draw, but it wasn't, and I was fine with that. Most everybody that stayed on our team managed to get 1 or 2 medals, so we all got some sort of reward for that 30 seconds of gameplay.

To my dismay, I look at the opposing faction and EVERYBODY had between 7 and 9 medals for those 30 seconds of gameplay, all because the match was won within 30 seconds. The opposing faction got maybe a total of 2 kills across their entire team, didn't manage to get any objectives, and still pretty much capped their medal total within 30 seconds of the match because of the shutdown timer because they got the match credited as a "Win".

This is wrong. At best they should have had the same medal total (probably between 1 to 4 medals for the various "possible" achievements within those 30 seconds) as us and NOT be credited with around 6 Win-Timer medals due to a warzone shutdown.

Why do I point this out? No, I don't feel slighted because my faction lost - I got ~60 commendations for a 30 second warzone where I actually killed someone and defended a door in the process. The problem then? This will be abused as if it were kill-trading. Once people realize it, they're going to start using it to farm medals (and therefor commendations) post haste in the same manner as kill trading. With proper setup, it wouldn't be too impossible to see 100 commendations for the winning side being farmed every ~5 minutes or so.

Edited by Kheg

same thing happened to me in voidstar yesterday except I had to wait 2 hours for the queue to pop only to have the WZ finish from lack of players and 0 medals/comms/valor on our team while the other team had 3-4 medals.

People have stopped fighting for objectives at all now in uneven matches and just go zerg to try and get a few medals before the inevitable shutdown.

More queues = progress

We'll sort out the remainder of the issues as we go along.

Only for the fully populated side. I'd rather have less queues that have full teams.

They need to 'buff' the lower population team by the percentage of players missing (both in dps and in raw damage mitigate). That would solved some problems right there, but Bioware will tell you ' working as intended'. That is why they continue to hemorrhage subscriptions. They funny thing is, they won't have enough population left to truly utilize the super-server propaganda technology vaporware they are touting. Just one big Epic Fail on there part.

I know the team that has a bunch of people leave at/before the beginning of a match sort of deserves to lose in a sense, but I ran into this situation yesterday in a match of Voidstar.

Queue in, waiting at spawn for match to start with maybe 6 on our team. About 20 seconds prior to match start, one person drops. As match starts, our team with five, another person decides to bail. To my shock, the warzone shutdown timer drops 30 seconds on the clock. Our valiant stalwarts hold off the impending onslaught from planting for the duration of that 30 seconds, and the match ends.

At this point I sort of expected a draw, but it wasn't, and I was fine with that. Most everybody that stayed on our team managed to get 1 or 2 medals, so we all got some sort of reward for that 30 seconds of gameplay.

To my dismay, I look at the opposing faction and EVERYBODY had between 7 and 9 medals for those 30 seconds of gameplay, all because the match was won within 30 seconds. The opposing faction got maybe a total of 2 kills across their entire team, didn't manage to get any objectives, and still pretty much capped their medal total within 30 seconds of the match because of the shutdown timer because they got the match credited as a "Win".

This is wrong. At best they should have had the same medal total (probably between 1 to 4 medals for the various "possible" achievements within those 30 seconds) as us and NOT be credited with around 6 Win-Timer medals due to a warzone shutdown.

Why do I point this out? No, I don't feel slighted because my faction lost - I got ~60 commendations for a 30 second warzone where I actually killed someone and defended a door in the process. The problem then? This will be abused as if it were kill-trading. Once people realize it, they're going to start using it to farm medals (and therefor commendations) post haste in the same manner as kill trading. With proper setup, it wouldn't be too impossible to see 100 commendations for the winning side being farmed every ~5 minutes or so.

I totally agree------I can see this as a way of farming and people will use this to gain undeserved commendations---the same happened to me in one wz where the game ended prematurely---5 players on rep side---8 on Imps siode--no points had been awarded---the complete score sheet at the end wwere zero's--but to my amazement---the Imp side had been defeated---HOW?--I will never know as no-one had been kiled--no objectives achieved by reps etc etc----complete zero's---but every member of the rep side had been awarded 6 medals each---for what?---breathing???---this just does not add up and is completely unfaiir---and if anyone wants a screenshot of that match--i have it--just ask to see.

Please keep in mind I didn't read all of this. Because they showed up. You should have too.

As a member of a vastly outnumbered Republic faction, I've seen my share of the timeout WZs since the timer came back. In contrast to OP though, I've won ever single time. I'm assuming that this is actually calculated as a draw in the Voidstar sense of the word, and that the server does a coin-toss to determine the winner, just as in tied Voidstars.

Chin up, OP, you should get your wins too, its all in the luck of the draw. I suggest you re-roll Irish. :cool:

well, the problem is actually really bad. 8 of us reps against I think 3 (I'm pretty sure this what I saw on victory chart). We got in and capped the first door in under 30 seconds. THEN The game terminates due to the thirty second 'wz will end if more players don't join' timer.

We end up with a VICTORY count that was pretty sure not a random coin toss due to our door cap