The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

elliotcat

No problem at all! Breadth or depth in your character assortment, we love to read either way.

(Also my Agent and my Warrior(s) have my heart cornered, so I'm specializing here, too.)

Also the last two sentences of your story made me giggle. A lot.

Hahaha, thanks. ;) I plan to involve Scourge more in later prompts. Even though I can honestly say I love all of the JK companions, Scourge has to probably be my favorite. Though I could possibly write him as a serious, brooding character, for now I might just make him a little more laid-back and silly.

(Just wait until I start writing pure crack. LOL.)

Edited by RepublicGurl

Hahaha, thanks. ;) I plan to involve Scourge more in later prompts. Even though I can honestly say I love all of the JK companions, Scourge has to probably be my favorite. Though I could possibly write him as a serious, brooding character, for now I might just make him a little more laid-back and silly.

We like crackfic in this thread. :D

Confessions

End of chapter 2 Bounty hunter spoilers, some Fem BH Torian romance spoilers.

"Mako, I need you!!" Hollered Avacynne, she was standing in the middle of her room, wearing nothing but her underwear and bra. A party, she loved a party, but Mako had taken a look at the venue, and this was not the kind of place you could just stroll into wearing armor and a blasters. Problem was, that was all Ava had. She was slender, and petite, just like Mako, and she had spied more then a couple cocktail dresses.

Mako came running in, makeup half done, in her dressing gown. "What?"

"Help me" Ava pleaded, "I have nothing to wear!"

Mako looked her up and down, "Hold tight, I have just the thing!"

She came back, with a strappy little black number, and killer bright blue heels. "Try this on!" She ran back to the fresher to finish her makeup.

Avacynne slinked the dress over her head, it fell around her like a waterfall, the black shimmered just enough and it clung in all the right places, accenting her hips, and making her small chest look just that much bigger. She stepped into the heels, a bright electric blue, and she was suddenly four inches taller. She turned over and over watching herself in the mirror, wondering if Torian would like the effect. Mako came back in makeup done, and wearing a highnecked short red dress, how it stayed up was a mystery to Ava, because Mako's back was practically bare.

"I knew you would rock that look!" Mako looked her over, "Something still isn't right, don't you have one of those nice Miraluka eye veils, the durasteel sunglasses are kinda killing the look." She started going through Ava's things, she did have a veil, and it actually had a gorgeous blue beads that would match her shoes. She went to her closet and started digging through her things.

"What. Is. This?" Mako suddenly exclaimed

"What?" Ava slowly turned around, and to her horror Mako was holding up a pair of leather handcuffs, a leather collar and small leather whip. She turned four shades of red, and tried to grab them out of Makos hands.

Mako held the whip up and batted Ava away with it, "Spill, spill now or I'm asking Torian!"

"You wouldn't dare!!" Ava grasped at her things again

"Try me!" Mako dared her, "Do you tie that poor boy up and use this on him?"

"ummm, well, actually." Ava looked at her feet, looking very guilty, "Torian has been giving me Mando'a lessons, and well.....when I get a word wrong.....he....makes sure I don't get it wrong again....."she trailed off, little smile on her face, remembering her last lesson.

"NO!!! Torian!!! He's into that stuff??? You're into that stuff??" Mako's mouth was a gape.

"He's a good teacher" Ava replied sheepishly

Then, as if on cue, Torian knocked on the door, "Are you women almost done? we'll be late if we don't head out."

Mako dropped the evidence back into the drawer she found it in. Ava opened the door, and her heart almost stopped, Stars he was handsome. He was wearing a white pants and a slim cut white blazer, matched with a crisp black button down dress shirt, and there was that blue again, in the form of a tie. Ava took a moment to put on the eye veil.

Torian in turn let out a low whistle, "You look..... Incredible" He took her hand and spun her around, drinking her in.

As the crew left the ship, Avacynne, whispered to Torian, "You look amazing" in Mandoa, only she stumbled on the word amazing. Torian corrected her, then his hand very subtly moved down, and patted her backside. Avacynne smiled, already anxious for the party to be over.

Nice! But now I'll never be able to see Torian, or any of my companions, the same way ever again. =D

Umm... confessions part 2!!!!

Pierce cannot be denied!

Assume anything I write has SW spoilers :)

SW:Ninka

part 1 is here

“So,” Amilla said, taking a sip of a Corellian Sunset, the first drink she had ever had with her father. They sat in the corner of a nearly empty cantina, it would be morning soon, not that night and day were ever any different on Dromund Kaas. “The Wrath.” She widened her eyes.

“Hunh.” Pierce acknowledge around a mug of Andoan Ale.

“She’s very beautiful.” She said innocently.

“Don’t start.”

“You should find someone! She really seemed to care about you.” Amilla insisted.

“I’m a married man.” Pierce replied with a smile.

Amilla was silent for a moment. She had not seen her father in person since her grandfather's funeral when she was thirteen. Truthfully, she had only seen him a handful of times. He should feel like a stranger, but he never did. She knew he loved her and was fiercely proud of her, but she was an adult now and she wanted answers and she may never get another chance. “Mother told me everything.” She said finally.

“Everything?” he said raising an eyebrow.

“She said she never loved you. That you were only married because of me. That you ruined her life and she was divorcing you now that grandfather was dead.” She looked him in the eyes to see if he would lie to her. As far as she knew, he never had. He would omit the truth, but never lie. He nodded acknowledging everything with a single gesture.

“When did she tell you that?”

“Just after the funeral. I saw her talking to you. I knew you both did your best to pretend when I was younger, but I saw her face when she walked away, I… she really hates you doesn’t she?” Amilla blurted out the last part. She looked away staring into her cup instead.

“That was years ago, you should have said something.”

“Would you have told me about it?” She asked, challenge in her eyes.

“Not so much because you were so young, but we could have talked about it.” He said meeting her gaze. She knew it was true. He never lied to her, even if he had to omit things to protect her.

“Will you tell me now?” she asked quietly.

He sighed and signaled for another ale. He sat for a moment gathering his thoughts. “Your grandfather, Moff Tristan,” he began, “was a strict man, an old fashioned man. He’d have disowned your mother if she had a child out of wedlock. Can’t say he was pleased to have a low-born son-in-law but it was better than disgracing his only daughter. And he was head-over-heels for you.” He paused chucking her under the chin. She smiled despite herself. “Unfortunately, he didn’t believe in divorce either so your mother was stuck with me. Can’t say you two would have lived so well on my salary.”

“So why didn’t you divorce after grandfather died? Mother said she was going to.”

“Moff Tristan’s will.” Pierce said shortly, “Old man said if she got divorced after he passed he’d cut her inheritance in half. Since that would mean no Academy for you, I refused to sign.” Amilla’s eyes widened.

“Is that everything?” she asked carefully.

“No, it’s not.” He said truthfully. “But, Mynock…” he said calling her by her childhood nickname. “I don’t want you to hate your mother. You’re at the age where things are difficult between you two, and it’s not been easy for her.”

“But I do hate her!” she said tears leaking from her eyes despite her best efforts. “I do! She ruined your life! I… You... I saw your medical records and mothers! You’re not my real father!” she said covering her face her shoulders shook. She waited for questions, waited for him to get angry, waited for rejection, instead he pulled her to him, chair and all, and wrapped her in his arms. They sat that way for a few minutes until her sobs finally subsided.

“I know.” He said finally. She gasped, pushing away to stare up at him. She opened her mouth for a barrage of questions but he silenced her with a shake of his head. “I was never with your mother, I was sent to kill her.” He smiled at little at her stunned expression. He continued, “I never met the officer that got her pregnant. From what I heard, he was handsome and educated, one of those rising stars with an eye for promotion. Apparently, tying himself to your mother and a child wasn’t part of his plans. Neither was angering her father. So, orders come down sending a raw recruit to take out an enemy spy outpost. A simple demolition job, blow the place up, and all the ‘enemies’ inside. Fate would have it that recruit wasn’t going to blow up a building without doing some recon first. Finds your mother waiting inside for her ‘love’ to run away with her. Would’ve looked like your mother was consorting with the enemy, Moff Tristan would’ve covered it up.” He snorted with disgust. “Then he would’ve killed the recruit who did the demo.” He added.

“What did you do?” she asked mesmerized by the tale.

“I told her to wait outside while I blew up the building.” He grinned at the memory then his smile faded. “She told me what happened; she looked so lost and broken. I offered to marry her.”

“Just like that? Are you crazy?” She exclaimed hitting his arm.

He shrugged grinning, “Seemed like the right thing to do at the time. And she was very pretty.” He wagged his eyebrows. “I was just a kid, had no idea what I was getting into or who her father really was. But, she was desperate and agreed. We got a priest and a notary and made it official. And for three years while I was stationed there, I got to watch my Mynock grow.” He ruffled her hair.

“Then what happened?”

“Moff Tristan did his best at first, but he could tell I wasn’t cut out for high command. My next posting was in a hot zone. So was every posting after that. Not that I minded, turned out its what I’m best at. I came back when I could to see you, but, I was never welcome.” He concluded and took a sip of his ale.

“But, why does mother hate you?” Amilla asked, bewildered now that she knew the story. “You saved her! You didn’t have to do anything but she says you ruined her life!”

“I refused to die.” He said darkly. “It’s no coincidence I landed in hot zones. Son-in-law of a Moff doesn’t get that kind of post by accident. If I died she could’ve collected my benefits, found someone else.” He shrugged. “Then I ended up in black-ops and the Moff had no control over where I went.”

“Is that why you hate Moffs and high command and smooth talking officers?” she asked thinking back to her father’s attitude about the Imperial structure.

“There’re a lot of reasons to hate them.”

“Did you… kill... my…” she faltered, “biological father?” she asked in a small voice.

He smiled, “Why should I kill him? I got his girl.”

“But she hates you.” She whispered.

He pulled her close planting a kiss on her forehead. “Not that one.”

Note

Thank you everyone for tolerating my Pierce obsession :)

Poor Pierce. I love these, you're making me care for a companion I don't really care for as a usual companion. My heart and my SW's belong to Quinn. *shrug* Anyway! I love this. I feel so bad for Pierce. And nothing wrong with Pierce obsession. I have obsessions for my male romance companions. ^_^

Sorry for always writing about the same character...she's just fun to write. And this idea has been kicking around in my head for awhile! No spoilers, set toward the end of chapter 1 of the class story.

Ever since we left Taris I'd been encouraging Corso to find another job. So I don't know why I was so shaken when he told me he'd found one.

"Okay," I said. I was sitting on a chair on the bridge, my legs up on the console, reading. I couldn't look at him. "When are you leaving?"

"Whenever we can get there. It's at a ranch back on Ord Mantell."

"Sounds nice," I said. I sounded dispassionate, nonchalant. I stared hard at the words I'd been reading, though I wasn't really processing what I was seeing.

"You really want me to leave?" he asked me. "Be honest."

He sounded a little bit hurt, a little sad. It took all of my strength not to cry out that I didn't want him to leave, that I was horribly saddened by the thought of losing him. This is the right thing to do, I reminded myself. I couldn't keep him here, selfishly, just because I liked him. It was too dangerous. If I really cared about him, I'd encourage him to go somewhere safe. Even if it broke my heart.

"It would be best if you did," I said. I tried to make my voice sound light, but I knew he thought I wanted him to leave because I wasn't interested in him. It made my whole body ache to know I'd made him think that. But I felt less guilty about that than I did about constantly putting him in harm's way.

He left me alone, staring out the window, unable to even cry.

On the last day before we arrived on Ord Mantell, I shut myself in my room. I thought about taking sleeping pills and just sleeping until I felt better. Mostly I just lay on my bed and stared at the ceiling, hoping I had the strength to go through with this.

Someone knocked on my door. I opened it and saw Risha standing in the hall.

"Hey," she said. "You wanna talk?"

I shrugged. Maybe it would help. I let her into my room and shut the door again. We sat on my bed like schoolgirls, though much more subdued.

"What happened? Did you guys break up?" Risha had a nice, soothing voice. I liked her.

"What, me and Corso?" I shook my head. "We were never even together."

"Really?" She looked surprised. "Guess we still don't know each other that well. But you like him, right?"

I nodded. "Yeah, because I'm an idiot." I flopped down on the bed. "It's so stupid. I'm not the kind of girl a guy like that wants."

"Why? Because you were a...ah..." Risha considered for a moment. "'Lady of the night', I guess?"

"That's a nice way to put it."

"It's not as big a deal as you think it is. I don't think he's not the type to judge that sort of thing." She looked at me, her eyes narrowed in thought. "But that's not really why you want him to leave."

I sighed. "I don't want him to leave. But it's the right thing to do. I can't keep him here, in danger, just because I'm attracted to him. It's wrong. It's better for him to be safe."

For a moment we were silent. "I understand," Risha said. "It must be killing you though."

I shrugged. "Whatever. I'll get over it."

"I wonder." Risha seemed to hesitate a little. "Do you think this was how your mom felt? Leaving you behind?"

I shot up. "I'm nothing like her. This is completely different."

But as soon as I said it, I realized I was wrong. I was exactly like my mother. She'd abandoned me because she thought that she was pursuing something bigger and more important than her bonds to other people. She was so sure that she was doing the right thing and that relationships with anybody else had no part in it. And now I was doing it. I was sending away the person I cared about the most, and I was doing it because I thought it was right.

I had to stop this. I had to stop myself from making the biggest mistake I ever would. I stood up, before I knew what I was doing, and walked into the hallway. Maybe it was already too late. But at least I wouldn't let it end this way, with him thinking I didn't care. I ran into the crew quarters, where he was packing, and stood breathless in the doorway.

"I don't want you to leave," I blurted out.

Corso looked up at me, surprised. "What?"

"You told me to be honest, so I am. I don't want you to leave." My heart was racing, and I knew I was going to keep talking. Sometimes when I got started, I couldn't stop.

"I thought I was doing the right thing," I continued. "I wanted you to be safe. I thought it was selfish of me to ask you to stay when being with me was so dangerous. Maybe that is the right thing to do. But I don't think I care anymore." I swallowed; my mouth was dry. "If you leave now, I'll regret it forever. Everywhere I go, I'll look for you. I'll never stop looking for you."

I paused, wondering if he was going to say something, but he was just looking at me. I knew he had been waiting to hear this from me, so I barreled on.

"If you don't want to be with me, then I understand. I know I'm not a respectable girl. I'm not the kind of girl you probably ever thought of being with. So if you want to leave, you can leave, and at least I told you how I feel." I took a deep breath, and somehow my heart pounded even faster. "But if you do want to be with me, then please don't go. Please stay with me."

For a moment, the only sound was the humming of the ship's engines.

I tried to think of something to say, to break the awkward tension in the room. All I could do was meet Corso's eyes for the first time in days. He stepped closer to me and touched my face, and for the first time he said my name: "Ayang..."

"Are you going to stay?" I whispered.

"Yeah. I'm going to stay."

We kissed, me grinning like an idiot. I threw my arms around him, and we held onto each other like we were both drowning. We stumbled into the hall toward my room, kissing with wild abandon. I opened my door and saw Risha still sitting on my bed.

"You better leave," I said.

She rolled her eyes. "Ugh, you two." She gave me a conspiratorial smile as she left my room.

I smiled back.

I didn't think I would ever stop smiling.

Notes:

Ayang was basically like "OH LOOK AT HOW NOBLE AND SELFLESS I AM" for the first bit of the class story...she changed a lot because of her relationships with Corso and Risha, who's like a sister to her. By the end she feels like putting family before the greater good is the best thing to do.

I love this character, I can't quit writing her...sorry! D:

Hey, we all have our favorite characters! And this was sweet. We all have our favorites. Nice work. =)

For the prompt “Confessions”

Title: The Good Doctor or What Do You Mean You Failed Again? (in the best Rocky and Bullwinkle narrator voice)

Characters: Sha’ra’zaed, Chiss Imperial Operative, Doctor Lokin

No actual spoilers here. My agent hasn’t finished Hoth yet, so I haven’t had Doctor Lokin for very long. I trust the following doesn’t contradict his later character development.

Sha’ra’zaed entered the medbay on her ship. She glanced around. She’d let Lokin install some equipment for his research, but the space was getting crowded. “If you don’t mind, Doctor, I’d like a word with you.”

Doctor Lokin looked up from his datapad, “Of course, agent. What concerns you?” he asked.

“I noticed you’ve put in a lot of new equip—“ a shiny new device caught her eye, “is that a molecular sequencer?” she asked.

Lokin beamed, “It is. Lovely, isn’t it? Not quite top-of-the-line, but then, even your ship doesn’t have enough power for one of those. A little tweaking, though, and I’m sure I’ll get the same functionality.”

“I’m sure,” Sha’ra’zaed replied. She approached the new machine. Lokin had squeezed it in between two other new arrivals. “A…an amino acid synthesizer? And you have it integrated with…” she examined the connections, then turned back to Lokin, “a recombinant viral protein array?”

“You do know your way around a lab, agent,” said Lokin, still smiling, “I must say, it’s refreshing to work with a colleague almost as interested in medicine and biology as I am. Most of my former associates barely gave thought to using a medpack. They relied on me to patch them up—often. Not a knock, mind you,” he said, setting the datapad down, “Just a statement of fact. I’ve enjoyed being able to get some real research done instead of spending all my time tending a patient in a kolto tank.”

“Ah, yes, about that,” Sha’ra’zaed began, “where did you get all these things?” she asked, waving her hand at the equipment.

Lokin shrugged, “Oh, here and there. I’ve collected quite a few over the years.”

“But these are new,” said Sha’ra’zaed.

“Not all of them,” said Lokin. He crossed the room to a smooth, silver device nearly as tall as he was. It resembled nothing so much as an old-style thermal flask elevated off the floor on short, sturdy legs. Distressed caution labels covered the outside, warning of everything from extreme temperatures to powerful magnetic fields. “This nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscope is practically an antique,” he said, patting it with affection.

Sha’ra’zaed approached the machine, “Doctor Lokin,” she said, “I appreciate your improvements to the medbay. But I want to know what happened when I asked you to collect specimens on Ryloth.”

“Oh, that,” said Lokin. He clasped his hands behind his back, “Terrible heat storm. The authorities wisely forbade anyone from visiting the surface. I wasn’t able to collect anything. Shame, that.”

“I see,” replied Sha’ra’zaed, “and Bhargebba Six?”

“I arrived too late, I’m afraid. The extermination order had already gone through,” said Lokin, “I said as much when I returned.”

“And Ord Dorlass?” asked Sha’ra’zaed, “I thought you would be interested in the plague there, regardless of my request. Your experience with the rakghoul virus could have proved invaluable.”

“Ah, recall that I was unable to circumvent the quarantine,” Lokin answered. “But I suspect you aren’t really curious about these events, are you agent?” he asked.

“No,” she said, her voice low, “I’m not. I’d like to know what happened to the funds I gave you for these—and other—expeditions. You’ve returned empty-handed every time.”

Doctor Lokin shifted his weight, “A run of bad luck, I assure you.”

“Come now, Doctor,” she said, “you don’t really expect me to believe that, do you?”

“One can always try,” he said, “You’ve come to a conclusion already, though.”

“I have,” she said.

“That I’ve used the funds to advance my own research,” he stated.

“Precisely,” said Sha’ra’zaed.

“You’d be correct, of course,” he admitted.

Sha’ra’zaed folded her arms, “Just like that? No denial?”

“Well, there’s little point,” Lokin said, “You can see the results for yourself,” he indicated the medbay with an expansive wave, “A top-notch medical research facility. Far better use of your credits than collecting some minor samples to indulge your—if you’ll forgive the term—hobby.”

Sha’ra’zaed frowned, “My own work is hardly a hobby, Doctor. I’ve improved on the Empire’s mass-produced adrenals and medpacks—“

Lokin cut her off, “Yes, yes, I’m aware of your efforts. Fruitful, of course, in their own way. These improved facilities benefit you as well. More so, I should think. To be frank, the technology I’ve incorporated here exceeds your requirements by a wide margin. You ought to thank me.”

“For embezzling my funds?” she exclaimed.

“Embezzle is such a strong word,” Lokin said, “I merely reallocated the funds to a more deserving project. Which still furthers your medical and biological analysis and experimentation. Which, if I recall correctly, was the stated purpose of the expeditions in the first place.”

Doctor Lokin,” Sha’ra’zaed began, smoldering, “the next time I assign you a task, I expect you to complete it. Not take it under advisement while you advance your own agenda.”

Lokin shrugged, “If you insist, agent.” He stepped around her to retrieve his datapad, “Will there be anything else?” he asked.

Sha’ra’zaed sighed, “No, that was all,” she said and turned to leave.

“Oh, agent?” said Lokin, looking up, “I believe Kaliyo just returned from Nar Shaddaa. You may want to see how she fared.”

Sha’ra’zaed stopped at the medlab door, “What was she doing on Nar Shaddaa? She was supposed to investigate Demagol’s lab.”

Lokin shrugged, “I’m sure I don’t know, agent. She must have her reasons.”

“Yes,” growled Sha’ra’zaed, eyes narrowing, “I’m sure she does,” she concluded, stalking off toward the rear of the ship.

Notes:

With very few exceptions, I don't incorporate my characters' professions or talent builds into their stories. That always seemed more of a game-mechanic concern to me. I need a build and crew skills to play, so I have a build and crew skills, no big deal. But after having a run of several companions failing in crew missions, I just had to wonder...what did they do with my credits?

I LOVE this! So is THAT what our companions do with our money when they fail? Tsk tsk. Though, Kaliyo must LOVE my agent because when I send her out to make armor mods for my agent's daughter, she brings back 2 or more at a time most times! lol I don't send out Vector though, since he's her spouse and spouses should have your back, and your front, and such. =D

Love it! LOVE IT! Please, if you have other characters/companions, do them too! This tidbit was too good!

Humor successful! It helps that I don't-trust Doctor Lokin so hard it hurts. He's far too smart for my own good.

On the topic of crafting run results, the Warrior of mine who had a disastrous falling-out with

Quinn has since seen him fail "Devoted to Duty" something like nine times. (It's a slicing mission.) He has a perfectly acceptable (read: near-zero) failure rate on all other missions, but Duty? Faceplant. Every time. I love it.

I've found my spouses are the ones who almost never fail a mission, but the others? I think I need to bribe them with more shinies because they fail alot too. Though, surprisingly, Quinn, Vette and Pierce almost NEVER fail to bring me back goodies.

Features my Jedi Knight Eleya Shevani (Miraluka)

No actual spoilers- used for space conservation.

The place is buzzing with a multitude of voices, whirls, clicking sounds and other methods of communications available to the current customers.

Sitting in the far back of the rather shabby restaurant, with only a dull, flickering light casted above them and an old fan that no longer works, Leya sits closest to the wall in the booth with her former Padawan, Kira, sitting next to her. On the end of the booth table Scourge sits with the dignified air of a Sith Lord trying to associate peacefully with Republicans, (and not doing too bad of a job though the dark aura about him makes any passersby scoot past him with sudden urgency in their steps), with Lt. Rusk and Doc sitting across the two Jedi on the other side of the table.

“…why did we choose this place again?” Kira asks, wrinkling her nose in distaste as she picks up the menu. She stares at it in horror, the choices ranging from obscene to downright revolting. “Are we that desperate for a night out together?”

Doc has his left elbow on the table, his body half leaned over, with his right hand by his napkin and tapping his fingers impatiently. He peers up at Kira, his eyes partially shadowed by his sinfully long black lashes.

His full lips split into a grin that most would definitely classify as sensual.

Kira merely raises an unimpressed eyebrow at the display.

“What does it matter?” he replies with a roll of his smoky hazel eyes. “Food’s food, eh?” His eyes look Kira up and down in an exaggerated show of trying to check her out. “’sides, I’m sure no matter what you eat it won’t mess up your figure, sweetheart.”

Kira gives a mocking smile, while making a point of unhooking her lightsabre and placing it on the table in front of Doc’s elbow. Doc barely hides a wince and tries to nonchalantly pull his arm away from the weapon, acting unruffled.

“Keep it up and I’ll make sure you’re the main course,” Kira snarks back.

Instead of recoiling at the undercurrent of steel in the young woman’s voice, though, Doc just gives a leering grin and settles back against the booth. He crosses his arms over his muscular chest and clicks his teeth.

“How you two manage to keep your hands off of each other, I will never know,” Scourge says sarcastically in his cultured Imperial accent, his vivid red eyes moving back and forth between the medic and Jedi.

Husk gives a brisk nod, shifting in his seat, but has nothing to add verbally other than an indecipherable grunt.

Leya just turns her face slightly towards the wall, trying to hide a smile at her friends’ antics. Her dark hair is currently in a ponytail, the strands of her eye-covering tied to the back of her head, but nonetheless her facial expression can easily give her away if she isn’t careful.

This will never get old, she thinks, nibbling her lower lip as she finally turns to face Kira. She places her hands on the table, linking her fingers together as she regards her former Padawan through her Force Sight.

“This place may not be the most reputable,” Leya tries to console Kira, keeping her voice measured though she is fighting the urge to laugh. “However, regardless of that fact, I doubt they will take too kindly to pulling out weapons in plain view with the intent to use them.”

“Thank you,” Doc implores with a smile at Leya, but his smile falters when Leya continues smoothly, a hint of teasing in her voice, “…No matter how justified the reason for pulling your weapon out might be.”

Doc pouts.

“Hey! Whose side are you on anyway?!” He asks shrilly.

“I am not on any particular side,” Leya assures him, just as Kira gives him a smug look. “We’re all friends here- even if some of us have to be reminded of that.”

Kira and Doc both have the good graces to look contrite, while Husk lets out another grunt and Scourge’s left eye twitches at the word “friends”.

As if.

This cracked me up! BTW, is your female JK dating/married to Doc? Or is there some way that Kira and Doc get together like Mako and Torian can? Just curious from the way this is written. But overall, this is awesome. I could actually picture each person in their characterizations. Thanks!

You've come to the right place. We have our serious fics and then we have our crack filled fics. I'm guilty of writing mostly crack because serious depresses me and what I WANT to write serious-wise, wouldn't be allowed. I'd get a mod in here faster than you could say Nerf Herder. =D

Earthmama's got heat-wrenching, tear-jerking seriousness covered. Her shorts are powerful enough to more than make up for the silly crackfics in here.

I think I just blushed!!! thank you Tatile! I WISH I could write comedy, I love reading the funny stuff. I attempted light hearted, with my confessions offering, it's tough! lol

I think I just blushed!!! thank you Tatile! I WISH I could write comedy, I love reading the funny stuff. I attempted light hearted, with my confessions offering, it's tough! lol

You definitely got the depressive seriousness covered. I love your stories. As for crackfics? Basically whatever someone does (your character or companions, whether in your head or for real) you exaggerate it. Like Doc, he is a womanizer, so you could exaggerate it to the point where he's done every female in the galaxy. That's all crackfic really is, exaggerations. But don't go too overboard or it just becomes stupid...unless you're going for dumb.

Week of 6/15/12

Confessions - Everybody has things they don't like to admit. Sometimes it's big, sometimes it's just something small. Sometimes it's nice to finally let it out. What does your character need to admit - and to who?

Hidden Talents - All of our characters are good fighters, but people are good at more than one thing. What else are they good at - and how do their friends and family react to learning about this hidden skill?

Archive is up!

Harriet, Smuggler. Some spoilers for fem!smuggler/Corso romance. Not really spoilers for Legacy Heroic Abilities.

Vague spoilers for fem!SW/Quinn romance, but not much.

Harriet had finally returned to her ship, to her crew mates, and to her husband after being away for a week. Her mother had asked Harriet to come for a visit as it had been a few years since she'd last seen them. She'd been able to put it off as long as she could as she had been busy on missions that kept her from having any real down time. Plus, Corso was always with her and with his insane jealousy; she couldn't go two inches without that man wanting to know where she was going and who she planned to see.

Harriet had finally had to tell Corso that she was going to visit her parents, damnit, and that she needed to see them alone. Corso had frowned at her, but agreed without further incident. So, here she was, back from visiting her parents. Corso had been the first person she saw as she walked onto her ship, tired and emotionally drained. But then again, her father always left her that way.

Without a single word spoken, Corso had wrapped his arms around Harriet and kissed her soundly, walking them back to their quarters to show her how much she had been missed. Their first time together after she returned was harried and rough, without much preamble. Their second time was what she was used to, slow kisses, sensual caresses, showing how much she was loved by the man she’d married.

Which is why she found herself, sitting in the middle of their bed, knees drawn up to her chest, waiting for Corso to finish his shower and come back out. She had something she needed to tell him, she just hoped once she got this off her chest, that he wouldn’t leave and never come back.

“Harriet?” Corso stepped into the room, a towel wrapped around his waist as he used a second one to dry his hair. “Is something wrong?” He questioned, seeing his wife’s forlorn expression.

“Okay, you know how I said I went to go see my parents last week?” She began, waiting for Corso to nod in acknowledgment. “Well…that’s not all I did.”

Corso sat heavily onto the corner of the bed. “You’re seeing someone.”

“What?!” Harriet gasped out, hand to her chest, and stared at her husband in shock. “No! You’re the only one I’ve ever been with, you lug nut!” She punched him none-to-gently in the arm. “Why the hell would you even think that? Stars! I love you! Cripes.”

Corso winced at the punch, rubbing his bruised arm absently. “Well, if you’re not seeing another man, then what else were you doing?”

“I was learning new skills—and before you even THINK to bring up anything of a sexual nature, just remember I have VERY good aim with my feet and certain parts of one’s anatomy.” Her lips twitched into a half smile as Corso’s legs suddenly slammed together and a grimace flashed across his face.

“Alright, what skills were you learning?”

“First I need to tell you, that neither me nor my parents had any clue that this could happen. They thought I was just another regular non-force sensitive child like the majority of people in the galaxy. So it came as a shock to both them AND me that I had some force sensitivity.”

Corso frowned at this, but ultimately shrugged his shoulders. “It happens…I suppose. Doesn’t mean you have to become a Jedi just because you have a little bit of sensitivity. Could just be a fluke. Are there any force sensitive people in your family?”

Harriet laughed hysterically. “Oh, you could definitely say that!”

“I’m not following.”

Harriet sighed. “Once my parents realized I was sensitive, even if just a little bit, my mother decided to teach me a new trick. I’m not sure why she chose THIS one tidbit, but I’m surprisingly good at it.”

“O-kay…”

She took a deep breath to try and steady her nerves. “She taught me how to force choke someone.”

“Huh?” Corso asked, a perplexed look coming over his face. “Force choke? You mean the way the Sith like to do when annoyed at someone or trying to kill them?”

“…Yes.”

“So, you’re saying that your mother is a…?”

“A Sith Lord…yes.”

Harriet closed her eyes shut at this revelation, waiting for the anger and rage she just KNEW Corso would throw out at finding out his wife, well, lie wasn’t the word, but withheld vital information would be close.

When long, terse minutes went by without any sound or items being smashed, she hesitantly opened her eyes to see her husband looking at her in a calculating way. Like he was trying to figure her out. “Well, say SOMETHING.”

Corso sighed and shook his head. “Harriet, baby, I don’t care.”

“You-you don’t?”

“Why should I? I mean, sure, I’m a little upset that you never told me about your parents when we started dating, but I’ve been with you since Ord Mantell. I’ve seen all the good you’ve done, the mercy you’ve showed. Why would my opinion of you suddenly change just because you decided to tell me now?”

Harriet stared down at her feet. “Because my parents are both Imperial.” She raised her head, staring into his brown eyes. “My father’s an Imperial Officer.”

“And…?”

“And my mother is actually the Emperor’s Wrath, though she hasn’t done very many wrathy things for the last few years. He seems to have gone quiet, strangely.”

“I highly doubt your parents, whoever or whatever they are, could be bad people. They raised you, didn’t they? And you’re the sweetest and funniest person I know. Except for Guss, no one can do comedy like he can.”

Harriet giggled. “He is pretty damn funny. It’s why I haven’t booted him off my ship.” She suddenly went serious again. “So, you still love me?” She asked in a small voice, looking down at her feet once again.

Corso sighed and scooted closer to Harriet, ignoring the towel around his waist that came undone. “Of course I do,” he replied, kissing her softly on the lips. “But, next time you go to visit your parents, I’m coming with you. I’ve never met a Sith Lord before who wasn’t trying to kill me.”

Harriet snorted. “My mother will love you. My father on the other hand, I couldn’t say. He’s always got this constipated look on his face. Growing up I could never tell if he was happy, angry, or needed more roughage in his diet.”

Corso laughed loudly at this. Harriet hugged him tightly and sighed in relief.

A heavy weight had been lifted from her shoulders and the man she loved was okay with it.

Author’s Note:

I seriously doubt that Corso would ever hate his wife over who her parents are. He might be upset, but unless his wife was out shooting everyone she came in contact with for fun, he’d be okay. My poor smuggler has been DYING to tell him she wasn’t who she thought he thought she was.

Ahh, poor Quinn. He's so serious all the time I'm not surprised that people think that.

Also, that was adorable. Corso comes across as so incredibly sweet. Makes me want to level my Smuggler, only I'm not allowed :/

Hidden Talents

IA chapter 2 spoilers.

Baking Cookies

"Hey bug boy, she's baking again" Kaliyo called out to Vector, his meditation broken, the tiny Kilick companions chittered excitedly. There would be crumbs! Vector frowned troubled, something had changed in Shiloh, the smooth light green aura he had met her with was, stormy, sharp, dark. It had been like this for the past few months, ever since she had gone to work for the Republic, as a double agent, something in her had changed, and he worried. Cruumbs! the fingerlings urged, he stood up and followed Kaliyo to the galley.

Shiloh cracked another egg into the bowl, she was on her sixth batch of squares, having run out of ingredients for cookies. The cookies were piled high on plates, untouched, they were moist and chewy, the last of the Alderaanie chocolate chips used. He was there again, last night, in her head, the voices, the images. Chance had been there too, only he appeared to her as she had left him, body riddled with holes, the back of his skull was missing, she could see right through him.

I was scared Legate, I needed you to come, but I couldn't say it. I can say it now, onomatophobia.

You're mind is snapping agent, can you feel it. It's bending. Watcher X purred in her mind.

Shiloh stired harder, then poured the batter into a pan, set the timer.

"Quesh has answers, I'm going to Quesh just as you said, you had better not be lying to me" Shiloh muttered to him, only he wasn't there, she had killed him too, executed him on Nar Shaddaa. She started stirring another batch, Kaliyo took off with one of the larger cookie trays.

"Thanks for the cookies agent nutso!!" She called over her shoulder

"Is that Alderaanie chocolate in those cookies?" Dr. Lokin inquired as he took a bite, "Oh dear, these are divine!"

"Doctor?" Vector looked again at the new arrival, he could see it, sparks in her aura, spitting and angry, she wasn't well.

"Physically she's fine Vector, I've told you this, and she refuses to talk about it....I can't help her anymore then I have." He gave the joiner a sympathetic look and followed Kaliyo to his med bay. Closed the door, a twinkle in his eyes.

"three cups of flour"

This is pointless

"two eggs"

I just wanted help, I'm sorry!

"one and a half cups of cocoa....I'm out of cocoa, we'll need to pick up more."

You're wasting your time

"SHUT UP!! GET OUT, LEAVE" Shiloh screamed at both of them, she threw her last two remaining eggs at Watcher X, they passed through him, she heaved the heavy tray of cookies at Chance, they fell to the floor, breaking and spinning in every which way. She spun around, they were gone, she was alone in the galley, cookies and crumbs littering the floor, Vector stood in the doorway.

"We won't abandon you Agent" He said softly, he took a tentative step forward, the fingerlings escaped from his robes gorging themselves on the sugary confections. "We want to help you, you are in pain, we can see that."

Shiloh fought to regain her composure. She looked at Vector, this man, his voice calmed her, his dark black orbs engulfed her. She wondered how he did it, lived with the voices from the hive in his mind, she was breaking with just one, now two.

"What's wrong Shiloh" he wrapped his lips around her name, he enjoyed the cadence of it. "We might listen at the very least."

I'v been brainwashed, by the republic, i can't control my actions, they could order me to kill all of you tomorrow and there would be nothing I could do, I'm scared Vector, I'm terrified. I'm breaking, I see the faces of people I have killed, they speak to me, they stand in front of me. One of those voices is telling there are answers on Quesh, that's where we're going, I need my mind back, I need you to stay with me, I feel like I'm drowning when you aren't here.

Her lips trembled, she tried so hard to force the words out, "I'm fine Vector." I'm not fine, I'm not fine, I'm not fine!

"No you're not" he stepped closer, he saw the desperation in her eyes, he wished he could hear her mind, it was so hard not hearing her inner voice, her aura wavered violently.

A single tear fell down her cheek, she sunk to the floor, Vector dropped down with her, never breaking his gaze.

Kiss me, make me forget, kiss me, you're beautiful and I want you like no one I've ever known.

"Have a cookie Vector, they're quite good."

Vector wrapped his arms around her and hugged her tightly, not knowing what else to do.

Edited by Earthmama

Hidden Talents

IA chapter 2 spoilers.

"Hey bug boy, she's baking again" Kaliyo called out to Vector, his meditation broken, the tiny Kilick companions chittered excitedly. There would be crumbs! Vector frowned troubled, something had changed in Shiloh, the smooth light green aura he had met her with was, stormy, sharp, dark. It had been like this for the past few months, ever since she had gone to work for the Republic, as a double agent, something in her had changed, and he worried. Cruumbs! the fingerlings urged, he stood up and followed Kaliyo to the galley.

Shiloh cracked another egg into the bowl, she was on her sixth batch of squares, having run out of ingredients for cookies. The cookies were piled high on plates, untouched, they were moist and chewy, the last of the Alderaanie chocolate chips used. He was there again, last night, in her head, the voices, the images. Chance had been there too, only he appeared to her as she had left him, body riddled with holes, the back of his skull was missing, she could see right through him.

I was scared Legate, I needed you to come, but I couldn't say it. I can say it now, onomatophobia.

You're mind is snapping agent, can you feel it. It's bending. Watcher X purred in her mind.

Shiloh stired harder, then poured the batter into a pan, set the timer.

"Quesh has answers, I'm going to Quesh just as you said, you had better not be lying to me" Shiloh muttered to him, only he wasn't there, she had killed him too, executed him on Nar Shaddaa. She started stirring another batch, Kaliyo took off with one of the larger cookie trays.

"Thanks for the cookies agent nutso!!" She called over her shoulder

"Is that Alderaanie chocolate in those cookies?" Dr. Lokin inquired as he took a bite, "Oh dear, these are divine!"

"Doctor?" Vector looked again at the new arrival, he could see it, sparks in her aura, spitting and angry, she wasn't well.

"Physically she's fine Vector, I've told you this, and she refuses to talk about it....I can't help her anymore then I have." He gave the joiner a sympathetic look and followed Kaliyo to his med bay. Closed the door, a twinkle in his eyes.

"three cups of flour"

This is pointless

"two eggs"

I just wanted help, I'm sorry!

"one and a half cups of cocoa....I'm out of cocoa, we'll need to pick up more."

You're wasting your time

"SHUT UP!! GET OUT, LEAVE" Shiloh screamed at both of them, she threw her last two remaining eggs at Watcher X, the passed through him, she heaved the heavy tray of cookies at Chance, they fell to the floor, breaking and spinning in every which way. She spun around, they were gone, she was alone in the galley, cookies and crumbs littering the floor, Vector stood in the doorway.

"We won't abandon you Agent" He said softly, he took a tentative step forward, the fingerlings escaped from his robes gorging themselves on the sugary confections. "We want to help you, you are in pain, we can see that."

Shiloh fought to regain her composure. She looked at Vector, this man, his voice calmed her, his dark black orbs engulfed her. She wondered how he did it, lived with the voices from the hive in his mind, she was breaking with just one, now two.

"What's wrong Shiloh" he wrapped his lips around her name, he enjoyed the cadence of it. "We might listen at the very least."

I'v been brainwashed, by the republic, i can't control my actions, they could order me to kill all of you tomorrow and there would be nothing I could do, I'm scared Vector, I'm terrified. I'm breaking, I see the faces of people I have killed, the speak to me, they stand in front of me. One of those voices is telling there are answers on Quesh, that's where we're going, I need my mind back, I need you to stay with me, I feel like I'm drowning when you aren't here.

Her lips trembled, she tried so hard to force the words out, "I'm fine Vector." I'm not fine, I'm not fine, I'm not fine!

"No you're not" he stepped closer, he saw the desperation in her eyes, he wished he could here her mind, it was so hard not hearing her inner voice, her aura wavered violently.

A single tear fell down her cheek, she sunk to the floor, Vector dropped down with her, never breaking his gaze.

Kiss me, make me forget, kiss me, you're beautiful and I want you like no one I've ever known.

"Have a cookie Vector, they're quite good."

Vector wrapped his arms around her and hugged her tightly, not knowing what else to do.

My god. I felt almost the same damn way. Eanelinea wanted SO badly to tell everyone what was happening to her, but no matter what she did, she just couldn't do it. She let Chance live, even though he still used that DAMN codeword on her. And she let that scientist live on Quesh. She just couldn't take it out on him either. But you can bet your *** she let what's his name get shot full of holes at the end of this damn thing. I hope she and Vector were together not long after this. *sigh* Our poor agents, broken, and defeated. This is why Eanelinea went rogue and erased her existence from the galaxy. Only her family (see my signature) and her crew know she still exists. DAMN good story. DAMN GOOD!!

Ahh, poor Quinn. He's so serious all the time I'm not surprised that people think that.

Also, that was adorable. Corso comes across as so incredibly sweet. Makes me want to level my Smuggler, only I'm not allowed :/

I love Quinn even with his issues. But he does always look like he's angry or really really serious all the time. And Corso just doesn't seem the type to leave for something his wife couldn't help. Especially since he no longer has his own parents.

I'm glad you enjoyed this. Even though I prefer crack, I CAN do semi-serious. =)

BTW, how come you're not allowed to level your Smuggler?

Edited by Eanelinea

Supposed to be levelling her with the fiance, so she's off-limits unless he's online.

Ah. Yeah, my husband's highest toon is 31, HIS smuggler. But if I waited until he was in the mood to play, I'd only have one character, level 30s and be bored off my ***. So! I just level everyone and just powerlevel his butt.

I LOVE this! So is THAT what our companions do with our money when they fail? Tsk tsk. Though, Kaliyo must LOVE my agent because when I send her out to make armor mods for my agent's daughter, she brings back 2 or more at a time most times! lol I don't send out Vector though, since he's her spouse and spouses should have your back, and your front, and such. =D

Love it! LOVE IT! Please, if you have other characters/companions, do them too! This tidbit was too good!

Wow this thread exploded while I was gone. And an assignment. Hmm, I've got another one in the works for this week's prompt, and a monster on the back burner from "Allies". I really need more free time.

My friends and I joke about our companions wasting our credits when they fail missions; I'll have to come up with something more original than blowing it at the sabaacc table or a crazy weekend on Nar Shaddaa (or both), since those are the usual excuses.

Of course, I also joke that my companions are trying to kill me when they return from missions in the middle of combat: "Look what I brought you!" "Aieeee!! Not now!" *swings lightsaber*

My god. I felt almost the same damn way. Eanelinea wanted SO badly to tell everyone what was happening to her, but no matter what she did, she just couldn't do it. She let Chance live, even though he still used that DAMN codeword on her. And she let that scientist live on Quesh. She just couldn't take it out on him either. But you can bet your *** she let what's his name get shot full of holes at the end of this damn thing. I hope she and Vector were together not long after this. *sigh* Our poor agents, broken, and defeated. This is why Eanelinea went rogue and erased her existence from the galaxy. Only her family (see my signature) and her crew know she still exists. DAMN good story. DAMN GOOD!!

Shiloh was my first character, and I played her before giving much thought to her characterization or anything else, in my play through I let Chance live, he was just a scared kid afraid to die, I let the scientist on Quesh live too. She's light V, only recently, as I've started writing have new things come to light about her. If I were playing her now, I would probably play her very differently then when I played her back in Dec/Jan.

This cracked me up! BTW, is your female JK dating/married to Doc? Or is there some way that Kira and Doc get together like Mako and Torian can? Just curious from the way this is written. But overall, this is awesome. I could actually picture each person in their characterizations. Thanks!

Haha, thank you. :) As for my JK; no, she isn't dating/married to Doc. In-game, I sometimes have her flirt with him just because it is so much fun listening to them go at it, though.

I have no intentions of having my JK and Doc tie the knot, though he and my JK are pretty close, and I love Doc too much to leave him alone. Alas, if the game does not allow it, I still write with the possible allure of Doc and Kira having some major UST, with Eleya on the outside looking in. (And trying not to laugh.)

That way, Kira and Doc both don't have to necessarily end up "alone", and Doc still gets to butt heads/go after a woman who isn't immediately impressed with his normal MO and presents an actual challenge to him.

As for my JK, she is deeply connected to her companions as well, but remains true to the Jedi Code and Order's policies regarding romance. She remains single and celibate, remaining faithful first and foremost to her vows and duties to the Republic.

At least, for now.

After all, don't forget Scourge- I seriously hope that his character becomes an unlockable romance option. If he does, I am not quite sure if Eleya would be able to stay true to the code after Scourge comes around to see her side of things! ;)

(At least, she might allow herself to experience the pleasures of falling in love, regardless of whether she acts on it or not...)

Even if Scourge doesn't become romanceable, I might still work on writing some eventual scenes of thick UST between him and my JK eventually in my fanfiction. That is, if others want to read it. :p

I would want somebody to write a short story about Kira/Doc cause can't find one anywhere or Jk/kira story.

Casue Kira my fav compation to have and Doc too. It be cute to see those two together.

Resons I can't casue not good at writing story I hope somebody will

Edited by greyjedibp