Newest cheat by Imps in Huttball.

Metalmac

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is utter rubbish, I doubt you get credit for a 6-0 win when for holding the ball in a game that ends because there are insufficient players. Plus a sorcerer does not guarantee getting the ball first.....Since both sides are likely to have some form of speed burst and as soon as the message comes up that game is ending both sides will do their best to grab the ball. Since you can only queue as 4 in order to get everyone through their daily you need help from the 4 pugs and hope other pugs don't accept the invite when you all leave....no likely not plausible and seems to be the usual fabrication seen on these boards.

This is utter rubbish, I doubt you get credit for a 6-0 win when for holding the ball in a game that ends because there are insufficient players. Plus a sorcerer does not guarantee getting the ball first.....Since both sides are likely to have some form of speed burst and as soon as the message comes up that game is ending both sides will do their best to grab the ball. Since you can only queue as 4 in order to get everyone through their daily you need help from the 4 pugs and hope other pugs don't accept the invite when you all leave....no likely not plausible and seems to be the usual fabrication seen on these boards.

You do get credit.

All i can think of is if 8 people cannot FF down 1 person holding the ball then thats the 8 persons problem for being terrible

The game is over 2 seconds after he gets the ball. He gets the ball and they all drop group, game ends.

You do not know what you are talking about. We saw it happen several times.

Odd you did not post it huh?

A whine/complaint can only come from a republic player, it seems there feelings are more easily hurt than others.

This sounds like an exploit in a warzone that that can be done by either faction, the fact that you experienced an imperial team doing it does not make this exclusive to that faction.

Dang, how do you get so many huttballs in a row? /jealous I've played one huttball the last two days :( Oh huttball how I miss thee let me count the ways.

Dam, would be a dream come true never to see that ops ever in my rotation. Sure i hate getting 4 on 1 when some one throw the DPS the ball expect to be able to move HA! Oh how i wish never see a huttball ever! :rak_03:

No they que with 3 or 4 then the others drop group for a instant win they use a Sorcerer to get ball first.

I still don't get this. Even when the opponents have a full team it is rare for the first player to get the ball to live 30 seconds unless they are getting heals from multiple sources and have a guard on them (or are a defensive geared tank blowing all their cooldowns). I'd love for an opposing team to try this against me because I would get a quick win almost every time.

I wouldn't doubt people doing that. I have never seen any other game where people PvP and try their hardest not to fight. As soon as they added the "play six warzone daily" you see people just cap one node and their entire team just sits there getting defender points expecting to lose. Half the huttball matches it seems that if a team scores first or has a couple jump/puhsers the other team just quits attacking the ball carrier, assumes they will lose and tries to get the match over asap. There is almost an attitude that if someone places a bomb in the first two minutes you just let them run through and finish as quick as possible and get your loss. So it wouldn't surprise me at all if people are skipping PvP so they can say they finished the daily.

If you have in fact seen this several times, one would think that you would have developed a counter by now since it is pretty simple.

Either have one of your own players force speed to the ball first or stun/mezz/pull the enemy before he gets to the ball.

Wait.

So you're telling me they grab the ball and run around for a minute so they auto win?

He's saying that half of the players drop group before the match begins leaving just enough time for a sorcerer to run up and grab the ball before the match ends due to team imbalance.

If you have in fact seen this several times, one would think that you would have developed a counter by now since it is pretty simple.

Either have one of your own players force speed to the ball first or stun/mezz/pull the enemy before he gets to the ball.

I don't think finding a counter is the point, the point is that people are queuing up to play huttball. If there really is a coordinated effort to drop the game once you have the ball having it happen a minute or two in isntead of 30 secs in is still going to ruin the game.

The one thing I don't understand about this is what is the motivation. Wouldn't the people who left be stuck with no commendations?

He's saying that half of the players drop group before the match begins leaving just enough time for a sorcerer to run up and grab the ball before the match ends due to team imbalance.

So like... yeah. Unless you earn a medal you don't earn comms and even if you won you'll probably get 40 comms. Sounds kind of stupid.

I mean last night I had the greatest bug where at the end of a Voidstar it gave everyone on both sides automatic daily and week completion.

I don't think finding a counter is the point, the point is that people are queuing up to play huttball. If there really is a coordinated effort to drop the game once you have the ball having it happen a minute or two in isntead of 30 secs in is still going to ruin the game.

The one thing I don't understand about this is what is the motivation. Wouldn't the people who left be stuck with no commendations?

They drop before the game actually begins, this starts the 'wz will end in 'x' seconds timer'. Someone with force speed grabs the ball. The wz ends. Team holding the ball wins, here's the exploit and yes I think it's an exploit, the winning team gets the 'dauntless medals' for the fast victory. This equates to 100 plus commendations for the win.

Broken game is broken. :(

Thats seems like a major waste of time. So what they are getting one persons daily/weekly done, and the rest of the group that drops just gets nothing?

agree with this. makes no sense for me. Why I would leave, special if Im wining, and not get points for daily/weeky and commendations?

makes no sense man.

I just cant believe they are doing that...

They drop before the game actually begins, this starts the 'wz will end in 'x' seconds timer'. Someone with force speed grabs the ball. The wz ends. Team holding the ball wins, here's the exploit and yes I think it's an exploit, the winning team gets the 'dauntless medals' for the fast victory. This equates to 100 plus commendations for the win.

Broken game is broken. :(

You mean the winning guy gets a dauntless medal.

It seems like a mathematically inferior method to obtain commendations. My guess is that they are trying to farm the weekly (since it requires a win).

Of course it is an exploit, but it is an exploit that can be countered with very little effort.

You mean the winning guy gets a dauntless medal.

It seems like a mathematically inferior method to obtain commendations. My guess is that they are trying to farm the weekly (since it requires a win).

Of course it is an exploit, but it is an exploit that can be countered with very little effort.

None the less, it's being done by that group.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.