On dead servers, people leaving, and more.

Eirienie

And that is one server, out of how many?

Even if there are 5 servers like that (which there are not). That is 5 out of how many?

Sorry, you do have a point, but it only speaks of 1/30th or 1/35th of what most people experience in game.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That fine so some i guess. I quit because i have a life and play for hours every day is not worth it. I know alot of people that did the same

20k coms / 40 per game * 20 mins for a game / 60 min / 24 hours = 8.3 days. Even if you divide it in 1/2 for dailies. That is still 4 days of game play just for one toon.

NM, battle master and the gold you need to buy agumented and just leaving a basic toon up..

It isn't that bad. I'm fairly casual and I got a full bm now, but I play only when I have time or want to play. Granted it took me about two months. As for aguments you really don't need them until you start getting the rated warzone coms gear since old bm mods don't transfer the pvp bonus, but the new pvp gear transfers the pvp bonus with the mods. Thus, you will at most only need two aguments before you get any rate warzone coms gear or the third tier pvp gear. It also takes a very long time to get the rated warzone gear that it will take you weeks if not months to get and by then you will have enough credits to buy whatever you need.

I think your just being impatient. If you casual of course its going to take you a long time to get gear. As for the time invested well that goes for all mmorpgs. There is always grind in some way or other. It doesn't have to be a gear grind either.

On the bright side of being a super casual is you never really run out of content lol!:jawa_evil:

Edited by Knockerz

And that is one server, out of how many?

Even if there are 5 servers like that (which there are not). That is 5 out of how many?

Sorry, you do have a point, but it only speaks of 1/30th or 1/35th of what most people experience in game.

I'm specifically talking about my server, you aren't comprehending my post correctly Elrienie. The person said The Swiftsure, I was only referring to that server which happens to be my server.

If I hadn't joined this game in EGA when the pop was surging I probably wouldn't have stuck around as long as I have, seeing the servers in the state they are in alone would have probably sent me packing.

I agree completely. Part of what keeps me playing this game is all of the energy and fun that surrounded it at EGA. For some reason, I believe that energy can be recaptured. Unfortunately, as soon as BW started doing their patches and maintenance, everything slowly began sliding downhill.

The servers and player population are in the state they are in because of mismanagement by BW of the community and the game content itself. I am only familiar with the mishandling of PvP. I don't do the PvE side anymore and haven't since 1.1.5 so not sure what the full story is there. But to me, running EV and KP HM was only worthwhile a few times through on one toon. Sad thing is you could do both in the same night. lol

Leveling in this game is way too easy and always has been. BW banked on peeps rolling alts and Legacy, but I think that was a horrible bet due to some of the repeat playability that the OP mentioned of some of the content.

The Worlds themselves are over-instanced and not open enough. Alderaan, to me, was the best in this regard. It actually felt like there was an expansive world to explore. Every other world felt like I was trapped in a box.

I think the core of this game is good. I think the combat system is fantastic (except for Resolve) and could make for awesome PvP. So the foundation for some good things certainly exists.

But everything is just too easy. Casuals left this game in droves (according to EA's own reports), and that's because everything came too easy. Once these players finished their class story, they completed the game in their mind and left. Leveling is too easy. Once they hit 50, they blew out EV and KP HM in a couple weeks and left. Raiding is too easy. Once they hit 50, they scored their Champion (now BM) gear in a few weeks and left. Even PvP was too easy.

Everything in this game is so easy to do that it has no legs. BW put all this work into making an impressive game, but don't get the run out of the content they created that they should. They can't even get their endgame grinds right, although the new WH grind in PvP is more in line with how it should go imo.

In the fallout, all that seems to remain are us more hardcore players. I did a Who check in DR Pub Fleet last night and recognized every one of the 16 people. Most have been playing for months. I did a wider Who check of the 52 people logged on, recognized every level 50. Of course, I didn't recognize many of the lowbies because they are likely alts for peeps, but those only made up half of the 52 Pubs online at the time.

On top of everything else, we are supposed to get excited for 1.3. But why? There is no new content. Not for PvE, nor PvP. So what we have now in game, is pretty much what we are going to have until fall/late fall. Server transfers/merges should help spark some life into the communities that currently exist, but BW made their content way too easy to consume and now they can't keep up.

Yes, I remember that it was in the middle of the night if I recall correctly. There were only 5 players on fleet, but every other server was no higher than standard. If fatman is at standard, then you can expect the lesser populated servers to be at very light.

Edited by Knockerz

Definately need functioning world PvP but has anyone considered the end result ? Lets face it Imps will always outnumber pubs so lets say they make Ilum a functioning PvP zone ... now people (mainly pubs) are going to be frustrated and moral will drop because you are not going to compete with 3X the number of players that the imps will bring.

So while I agree we need world PvP people need to throw out some ideas how to make it work because just saying we need it won't help all it will do is bring more doom and gloom. How can they implement world PvP without running into the population balance issue, we can't leave it in BW's hands thats obvious so give some ideas instead of just asking for world PvP.

Yes, I remember that it was in the middle of the night if I recall correctly. There were only 5 players on fleet, but every other server was no higher than standard. If fatman is at standard, then you can expect the lesser populated servers to be at very light.

I just took that picture like five minutes ago, not at night or in the morning, five minutes ago. :confused:

Definately need functioning world PvP but has anyone considered the end result ? Lets face it Imps will always outnumber pubs so lets say they make Ilum a functioning PvP zone ... now people (mainly pubs) are going to be frustrated and moral will drop because you are not going to compete with 3X the number of players that the imps will bring.

So while I agree we need world PvP people need to throw out some ideas how to make it work because just saying we need it won't help all it will do is bring more doom and gloom. How can they implement world PvP without running into the population balance issue, we can't leave it in BW's hands thats obvious so give some ideas instead of just asking for world PvP.

The need to offer free transfers from the higher population faction to the weaker faction.

As well as bonus exp, creidts and loot say 10 or 20 % more depending on how bad the imbalance is. The only way to fix it is to give playes a reason to go to the underdog.

I agree completely. Part of what keeps me playing this game is all of the energy and fun that surrounded it at EGA. For some reason, I believe that energy can be recaptured. Unfortunately, as soon as BW started doing their patches and maintenance, everything slowly began sliding downhill.

Because with each patch, they made things easier to achieve and it began to chase away the hardcore players that had all that energy!

Leveling in this game is way too easy and always has been. BW banked on peeps rolling alts and Legacy, but I think that was a horrible bet due to some of the repeat playability that the OP mentioned of some of the content.

Yep, like I said. Leveling here is too easy, the planets are lame, the class stories are fun for like one playthrough, and the zone layouts are the worst I've ever seen. Who wants to do it again? Too few people do, that is who. So the pop suffers when everyone's accomplished everything and people realize "No way I'm doing it again."

Everything in this game is so easy to do that it has no legs. BW put all this work into making an impressive game, but don't get the run out of the content they created that they should. They can't even get their endgame grinds right, although the new WH grind in PvP is more in line with how it should go imo.

They did make an impressive game. They made an impressive SINGLE PLAYER game. They just about neglected all of the community and grouping aspects. What fun is a dps race EVERY FIGHT, for a hardmode? What fun is being able to gear up in a couple weeks? Where is the challenge, the need to repeat something to get it right, the sense of completion when you finally down a boss or get that piece of gear? It isn't there, because it is all too easily done.

On top of everything else, we are supposed to get excited for 1.3. But why? There is no new content. Not for PvE, nor PvP. So what we have now in game, is pretty much what we are going to have until fall/late fall. Server transfers/merges should help spark some life into the communities that currently exist, but BW made their content way too easy to consume and now they can't keep up.

That's like how everyone was supposed to be all excited for Legacy. For WHAT? So they can play XYZ race on the ABC side instead of it's intended original side? So they can buff themselves and get all the buffs of the other classes? Most of that stuff is so useless and pointless that its pathetic.

On top of that. Almost NOTHING is legacy level oriented. Just run your dailies everyday and pool all your money, and unlock anything you want. Where is the achievement factor? I'm legacy 32. What do I get that someone else cant get with money? Nothing. At least nothing worthwhile, even if there is something (which there really isnt).

It's just all lame fish food to keep people popping their heads up and saying "hmm, i might check it out." Rather than something new or enticing where people say "Damn, I HAVE TO check that out."

I just took that picture like five minutes ago, not at night or in the morning, five minutes ago. :confused:

That's odd just a few minutes to an hour ago it showed swiftsure had over 60 players on fleet. I was queuing for pvp. You sure the people showed on your fleet is not bug? The other day some one mention in fleet chat that it can bug.

Edited by Knockerz

Because with each patch, they made things easier to achieve and it began to chase away the hardcore players that had all that energy!

Yep, like I said. Leveling here is too easy, the planets are lame, the class stories are fun for like one playthrough, and the zone layouts are the worst I've ever seen. Who wants to do it again? Too few people do, that is who. So the pop suffers when everyone's accomplished everything and people realize "No way I'm doing it again."

They did make an impressive game. They made an impressive SINGLE PLAYER game. They just about neglected all of the community and grouping aspects. What fun is a dps race EVERY FIGHT, for a hardmode? What fun is being able to gear up in a couple weeks? Where is the challenge, the need to repeat something to get it right, the sense of completion when you finally down a boss or get that piece of gear? It isn't there, because it is all too easily done.

That's like how everyone was supposed to be all excited for Legacy. For WHAT? So they can play XYZ race on the ABC side instead of it's intended original side? So they can buff themselves and get all the buffs of the other classes? Most of that stuff is so useless and pointless that its pathetic.

On top of that. Almost NOTHING is legacy level oriented. Just run your dailies everyday and pool all your money, and unlock anything you want. Where is the achievement factor? I'm legacy 32. What do I get that someone else cant get with money? Nothing. At least nothing worthwhile, even if there is something (which there really isnt).

It's just all lame fish food to keep people popping their heads up and saying "hmm, i might check it out." Rather than something new or enticing where people say "Damn, I HAVE TO check that out."

Hardcore players don't last in my experience. They go through content so quickly and any mmorpg that want's to imitate wow's success needs to consider casuals first. Honestly, if a player is really hardcore why not play EVE. It's about as hardcore as you can get.

1. If you understand ELO rating you'll understand the need for a balanced PvP field before ranked comes into play, which in my humble opinion would be never.

2. already forget what you were complaining about, clearly not memorable.

3. Yes.. too many servers.. which is being addressed in 1.3

4. You think server transfers will be paid? lol.

There is worse than that out there, too.

Aside from maybe 3 or 4 servers, the average population a night on a fleet is under 30. Some can have less than 10.

Saturday night, 9pm Eastern time, Rubat Crystal server had a mighty 11 people on the fleet.

Rubat Crystal died quick.

I didn't notice it because I basically premade 24/7 and didn't pay much attention. But as my groupmates started moving on, and I started paying attention to the game at-large, it shocked me to see how far it had fallen. So many old faces just here one day, gone the next. And 90% of alts have legacy names I've never seen. So it's not old friends rerolling.

When it was hopping, I think we had one of the best communities in the game. But it crashed hard and fast.

I'm melancholy that I left the game for that reason. But I don't regret it a bit.

R.I.P. Rubat Crystal.

Hardcore players don't last in my experience. They go through content so quickly and any mmorpg that want's to imitate wow's success needs to consider casuals first. Honestly, if a player is really hardcore why not play EVE. It's about as hardcore as you can get.

They DO last. The onyl reason they don't last, is when everything was achieved in a few days.

Some games retain their hardcore crowd for years upon years. SWG, AoC, EQ, all of those games retained the same people for years and years. How? By making things difficult to accomplish, and giving them something to work towards.

Only WoW has succeeded with the whole "Lets just give our players everything easily" model. And the hardcore players there don't last. Because of that model. But that game also has the worst community in the history of online communities. It's full of children, whining and more drama than Desperate Housewives.

Make no mistake, there will be paid server transfers, they said it themselves.

The really sad part is that they will most likely charge what WoW charges for transfers, which is currently $25.00 US. WAY overpriced, but you watch; even though SWTOR's subscription numbers can't even hold a candle to WoW's subscriber numbers, EA will insist that we pay the same amount.

In their eyes, if they can get $25 out of someone like Blizzard can, then why not? Nevermind the fact that this game is literally bleeding subs daily and that the 6 month wait on server transfers to begin with was their incompetence, we will still be charged some jacked-up price for the process.

And it probably won't even be a smooth one.

Rubat Crystal died quick.

I didn't notice it because I basically premade 24/7 and didn't pay much attention. But as my groupmates started moving on, and I started paying attention to the game at-large, it shocked me to see how far it had fallen. So many old faces just here one day, gone the next. And 90% of alts have legacy names I've never seen. So it's not old friends rerolling.

When it was hopping, I think we had one of the best communities in the game. But it crashed hard and fast.

I'm melancholy that I left the game for that reason. But I don't regret it a bit.

R.I.P. Rubat Crystal.

It sure did. And I remember playing with you quite a bit back then. (I am Aruru). It sucks to see how fast it all sank. But there isn't really any place that hasn't. They're just about all this way. :/ Maybe 3 or 4 that arent. But, just about all of them are.

1. If you understand ELO rating you'll understand the need for a balanced PvP field before ranked comes into play, which in my humble opinion would be never.

2. already forget what you were complaining about, clearly not memorable.

3. Yes.. too many servers.. which is being addressed in 1.3

1. Balanced? What exactly about the pvp here is balanced in any fashion? lol..much as I loved it before 1.2 and the other changes, it's never been balanced and is one of the most obnoxiously imbalanced I've played. That is why the majority of the pvp'ers that do it all day, every day are a select few classes.

3. Being addressed how? By forcing people to use a cross server queue, or have to pug instead of having people readily available? ONly reason WoW uses that system is because most server LFG and Area chats are plagued with requests for Futanari ERP and Whining about who killed who to allow for people to actually use it for the intended reasons.

4. They have said the transfers will be paid. Do you work for free? Neither does BW/EA.

Only WoW has succeeded with the whole "Lets just give our players everything easily" model. And the hardcore players there don't last. Because of that model. But that game also has the worst community in the history of online communities. It's full of children, whining and more drama than Desperate Housewives.

I personally find the MOBA community far more acidic. I think people take the "x-server killed accountability" slant a bit far; while it certainly didn't help, you didn't get too many people needing on absolutely anything and everything. Besides, votekick tools help to keep people in line.

Making the game more difficult (or more "difficult", read: time-consuming) isn't a worthwhile way to address the population issues. People are more likely to get frustrated and quit than they are to pull up their pants and spend more time trying to play the game, because they expect content to have an easy mode that they can chew through at their own pace. It might cultivate the tougher breed of hardcores but you will lose out massively on everyone else. Giving the game more gristle than WoW would be an awful fix.

Edited by LilSaihah

Make no mistake, there will be paid server transfers, they said it themselves.

The really sad part is that they will most likely charge what WoW charges for transfers, which is currently $25.00 US. WAY overpriced, but you watch; even though SWTOR's subscription numbers can't even hold a candle to WoW's subscriber numbers, EA will insist that we pay the same amount.

In their eyes, if they can get $25 out of someone like Blizzard can, then why not? Nevermind the fact that this game is literally bleeding subs daily and that the 6 month wait on server transfers to begin with was their incompetence, we will still be charged some jacked-up price for the process.

And it probably won't even be a smooth one.

Your signature says it all man.

I personally find the MOBA community far more intolerable. I think people take the "x-server killed accountability" slant a bit far; while it certainly didn't help, you didn't get too many people needing on absolutely anything and everything. Besides, votekick tools help to keep people in line.

Making the game more difficult (or more "difficult", read: time-consuming) isn't a worthwhile way to address the population issues. People are more likely to get frustrated and quit than they are to pull up their pants and spend more time trying to play the game, because they expect content to have an easy mode that they can chew through at their own pace. It might cultivate the tougher breed of hardcores but you will lose out massively on everyone else. Giving the game more gristle than WoW would be an awful fix.

Making things more difficult or time consuming keeps the players who provide a vast and active community here longer. The longer they stay, the longer other people stay because they have more ready access to group aspects, good guilds and other content. You lose those hardcore crowds, and the casual crowds log in, see no one, play through single player mode (which is basically what most of this game is, at this point) and leave.

Casuals never stay. They find little time (Likely for good reasons, dont get me wrong) to play and provide little to no ways in terms of a community that keeps people here. A game full of casuals is a dead, silent game.

SWTOR is proof of that - all your hardcore gamers are gone, and you've a silent ghost town of a game full of casuals.

1. Balanced? What exactly about the pvp here is balanced in any fashion? lol..much as I loved it before 1.2 and the other changes, it's never been balanced and is one of the most obnoxiously imbalanced I've played. That is why the majority of the pvp'ers that do it all day, every day are a select few classes.

3. Being addressed how? By forcing people to use a cross server queue, or have to pug instead of having people readily available? ONly reason WoW uses that system is because most server LFG and Area chats are plagued with requests for Futanari ERP and Whining about who killed who to allow for people to actually use it for the intended reasons.

4. They have said the transfers will be paid. Do you work for free? Neither does BW/EA.

1. If ranked appeared in 1.2 the ones that had BM gear would be top ranked, the ones without would not. ELO is based on win loss. If you're playing the same people over and over again it's not a balanced rating. I didn't say balanced classes.

3. Yes, that's how it's being addressed

4. Asked someone else for this link as well in this thread, if you can provide it instead that would be fine. Trion does work for free as far as server transfers go, a 1 week waiting time between them but you can go wherever basically whenever.

1. If ranked appeared in 1.2 the ones that had BM gear would be top ranked, the ones without would not. ELO is based on win loss. If you're playing the same people over and over again it's not a balanced rating. I didn't say balanced classes.

3. Yes, that's how it's being addressed

4. Asked someone else for this link as well in this thread, if you can provide it instead that would be fine. Trion does work for free as far as server transfers go, a 1 week waiting time between them but you can go wherever basically whenever.

1. Which is why ranked zones should only be an option to join when you hit a meaningful valor rank. Problem solved. But no, EA/BW was too hell bent on making it easier, and made it so you can be BM rank pretty much an hour or less after you've hit 50 (assuming you pvped before the 50 queue). And I fail to see how a ranked warzone listing will save the game. All it'll do is suck more of the WoW's ******** community here to play Call of Doodie With Lightsabers. Who will likely be gone after the first month sub, and repeat the process.

3. Which is positive how? Lol

4. Not my job to read dev tracker for you. They're your eyes, not mine.

1. Which is why ranked zones should only be an option to join when you hit a meaningful valor rank. Problem solved. But no, EA/BW was too hell bent on making it easier, and made it so you can be BM rank pretty much an hour or less after you've hit 50 (assuming you pvped before the 50 queue). And I fail to see how a ranked warzone listing will save the game. All it'll do is suck more of the WoW's ******** community here to play Call of Doodie With Lightsabers. Who will likely be gone after the first month sub, and repeat the process.

3. Which is positive how? Lol

4. Not my job to read dev tracker for you. They're your eyes, not mine.

1. Then the complaint would be "why I can no ranked pvp unsub!" I simply was trying to help you understand why they removed the lucky BM tokens and made it earned over time gear.

3. You want them to have less servers right? The remaining players to be able to group/work together right? Ok then.

4. Thought so.

Well, OP...I do not believe that it is fair to the NON hardcore pvp'er to be unable to obtain a decent set of Battlemaster gear after 2 or 3 weeks of grinding. Some people can not spend 14 hours a day and have 7 other friends that pre make pvp groups and consider themselves "elite". With the new War Hero gear out, there is no reason that the old Battlemaster stuff not be made available to the less hard core pvp'ers for simply wz commendations. If the devs were to cater to only the "elite" then the game would surely crash as the casual gamers make an MMO possible.

Thanks for the giving me the ability to obtain a decent set of gear wtih WZ coms bioware :)

If you "eilte" players want to have a challenge, please participate in rated WZ's upon release, thanks