Logically speaking...

Cyankee

...if the Empire has a travel route that goes through a Republic area, why are the Republic forces NOT trying to shoot you down? Same can go both ways...

Would you not want to stop people from freely traveling from one outpost to another? Stopping that traffic would be a good goal for the enemy forces.

I'm just saying...

You can't shoot something travelling through hyperspace.

One of the storylines has a weapon than can do this but, in the interests of spoilers, I'm not telling you what happens. Suffice to say, both Empire and Republic are working on it, but can't perfect it.

...if the Empire has a travel route that goes through a Republic area, why are the Republic forces NOT trying to shoot you down? Same can go both ways...

Would you not want to stop people from freely traveling from one outpost to another? Stopping that traffic would be a good goal for the enemy forces.

I'm just saying...

The best way would be to get interdictor(sp?) ships and place them along hyperspace routes.

in reality (or well normally in the Star Wars EU) there would be Interdictor on every major hyperspace route between Sith controlled space and republic space.

They were used frequently in the old sith wars, so there's no reason why they would not be used around this time. Saying that, this would be something Bioware could only implement with a updated space system. I would just be annoyed to be pulled out of space and have to go through the current tube shooter. It would ruin travel with the current system.

So unless things change. I am satisfied not being interrupted going to different planets.

Edited by Stephenjdoug

The interdictor's were pulled out of use by the end of Revan's/Malak's sith empire, and instead were replaced by Hammer head class cruisers by the Republic because possibly due to the lack of resources or something. Not sure about the Empire, perhaps they saw no need of them or could never get their hands on the schematics. Edited by Wolfninjajedi

The interdictor's were pulled out of use by the end of Revan's/Malak's sith empire, and instead were replaced by Hammer head class cruisers by the Republic because possibly due to the lack of resources or something. Not sure about the Empire, perhaps they saw no need of them or could never get their hands on the schematics.

You would thing they would have brought them back considering the scale of this war. Their kind of ideal for ambushes, blockades, catching smugglers, or high profile VIPs, a ton of other strategic advantages im sure

Edited by Stephenjdoug

• 3 months later...

I'm just saying...

I meant on a planet when you are on a speeder bike and such...

If the enemy is traveling in well-traveled hyperspace routes, simply Interdicting ALL the traffic through would not work. You have plenty of civilians and neutral parties going through these hyperspace routes (it's dangerous to find new ones), and simply yanking everything out of hyperspace on a route with not only irk off a lot of people, but present you with a whole slew of civies to be mixed into a firefight if you do manage to yank enemy forces out of hyperspace.