PvP servers

PeeCee

Could someone give me a view as to what PvP servers are all about. With server transfers coming up we are hoping to possibly move from our PvE server to a PvP one. There is some disagreement within the guild mind with one saying this, which i do not agree with. Is it i really this bad or is this an over reaction?! Really want to experience a PvP server and would love the guild to come with me (if possible)

I seriously don't want to have my questing experience impacted by a bunch of PVP players stirring up trouble. It's a headache I would much rather do without, and I have a feeling that SWTOR's world PVP types will be precisely the same sort that you find on PVP servers in most games. i.e. They will be *****s who just enjoy ruining other people's fun.

Any game where I have to wait around for NPCs to respawn to cash in quests because some numpty from another faction and his idiot mates have rolled through the quest hub, killing everyone is not a game I want to play. It's happened to me before in other MMOs, and even just the possibility of it happening again hanging over my head will make my gaming experience more tense and less enjoyable. PVP servers also tend to have a more aggressive and combative atmosphere, which I dislike.

Could someone give me a view as to what PvP servers are all about. With server transfers coming up we are hoping to possibly move from our PvE server to a PvP one. There is some disagreement within the guild mind with one saying this, which i do not agree with. Is it i really this bad or is this an over reaction?! Really want to experience a PvP server and would love the guild to come with me (if possible)

In SW:TOR, the difference between a PvE Server and a PvP Server is that once a month you'll see a red enemy player and chances are one of you will just turn around and run away.

Good thing NPC's quest givers don't get killed since they have no health. Bioware have already given you an option to protect you from it. Its called a PVE server. Good day to you.

have you read what i posted??

have you read what i posted??

Yes. Its already been answered when Bioware said that the GM involved would be dealt with accordingly. Meaning the GM was in the wrong. PVP on PVP servers is allowed to happen anywhere you are flagged for PVP. The only taboo that we know of is due to Illum and people being camped at medcenters. So don't camp a medcenter and youre good to go.

Edited by kiroshei

It's hard to say how much you'd be ganked on alts etc.

RIGHT NOW, it's not a big deal at all, mostly due to the fact that there aren't that many players on servers to begin with. You might level your alt up and not even see someone from the enemy faction. So at this moment, it's a non issue.

However presumably with the transfers, "mega servers" and all that, in the end we'll have a lot less servers and/or a lot more people on each server. You may run into more world PVP then.

Even so, the majority of quest hubs for empire and pubs are widely separated. You usually have to seek out the enemy faction to cross paths with them.

TLDR: When there's a big population on a pvp server, you might get ganked once in a while, but map design should keep this from ever being a serious recurring problem that provides more than a minor inconvenience.