Advanced Prototype: Let us use Flamethrower while moving.

Daecollo

What if they reversed the 70% slow from 1.2?

What if the PFT talent read:

Flame Burst, Flame Sweep and Immolate have a [50 / 100]% chance to grant Prototype Flame Thrower, increasing the damage dealt by your next Flame Thrower by 10% and making Flame Thrower immune to interrupts. Stacks up to 5 times. Allows Flamethrower to be used while moving.

(I think the uninterruptable part people would complain about then. Like when Ravage/MS roots for that one Mara/Sent Spec.)

Not really overpowered, considering it does alot less damage then most channaled abilities.

If it locked/stunned the target in place like Force Choke, it would be way OP, but you would still have to follow people around.

AP deserves something special, and I don't think it should be tied to stacks either.

Edited by Daecollo

Not really overpowered, considering it does alot less damage then most channaled abilities.

If it locked/stunned the target in place like Force Choke, it would be way OP, but you would still have to follow people around.

AP deserves something special, and I don't think it should be tied to stacks either.

It bypasses shield and armor, cannot be deflected, hits multiple targets, snares them for 70%, and does equal total damage to one target as ravage on a shorter cooldown. You can already rotate without stopping the channel.

Edited by Hethroin

It bypasses shield and armor, cannot be deflected, hits multiple targets, snares them for 70%, and does equal total damage to one target as ravage on a shorter cooldown. You can already rotate without stopping the channel.

Actually it does more damage than ravage because it cannot be mitigated, and has a high crit rate. I actually hit a Recruit geared guy for 2049 per tick - 4 ticks - that's close to 8k. Against WH geared people. I have seen crits of 1.6-1.8k per tick.

With 5 Pft stacks the damage is comparable (or more) than non-carnage ravage and harnessed darkness force lightning, slows for more than either, does largely unmitigated elemental damage, and it's an area of effect attack.

It'd be crazy overpowered...I'm game

Edited by Skullbash

What if they reversed the 70% slow from 1.2?

What if the PFT talent read:

Flame Burst, Flame Sweep and Immolate have a [50 / 100]% chance to grant Prototype Flame Thrower, increasing the damage dealt by your next Flame Thrower by 10% and making Flame Thrower immune to interrupts. Stacks up to 5 times. Allows Flamethrower to be used while moving.

(I think the uninterruptable part people would complain about then. Like when Ravage/MS roots for that one Mara/Sent Spec.)

this is actually not a bad idea. I think it would be fascinating to use it, but I think you would have way more complaints about a movable 8k damage than a stationary channeled one.

Prototype Flame Thrower - Flame Burst, Flame Sweep and Immolate have a [50 / 100]% chance to grant Prototype Flame Thrower, increasing the damage dealt by your next Flame Thrower by 15% and increase the bonus of Prototype Cylinder by 1%. Stacks up to 3 times. At 3 stacks, Flame Thrower additionally slows the movement speed of all affected targets by 50% for the duration. This effect can only occur while HEGC is active.

Retractable Blade (cooldown: 6 seconds) - Plunges a retractable blade into the target that deals 380 kinetic damage and causes the target to bleed for 659 internal damage over 12 seconds. Also for 6 seconds, all healing received by player affected with Retractable Blade is reduced by 40%.

It's an aoe and it does a crapload more damage than most channels when fully buffed by PFT. Plus, you're a melee class, you kind-of have to follow people around anyway.

Edited by DweezillKagemand

Prototype Flame Thrower - Flame Burst, Flame Sweep and Immolate have a [50 / 100]% chance to grant Prototype Flame Thrower, increasing the damage dealt by your next Flame Thrower by 15% and increase the bonus of Prototype Cylinder by 1%. Stacks up to 3 times. At 3 stacks, Flame Thrower additionally slows the movement speed of all affected targets by 50% for the duration. This effect can only occur while HEGC is active.

Retractable Blade (cooldown: 6 seconds) - Plunges a retractable blade into the target that deals 380 kinetic damage and causes the target to bleed for 659 internal damage over 12 seconds. Also for 6 seconds, all healing received by player affected with Retractable Blade is reduced by 40%.

No, just no.

Aww, that would force me to actually use Retractable Blade haha.

I do like the 3 stacks which means more burst, but I think you would find AP severely overpowered during PFT. That means crits of 2k per tick onWH gear people. I am already hitting 1.4-1.6k on War hero geared guys and I am only sitting at 2 piece War Hero.

No, just no.

umm...ok. Good argument lol.

Aww, that would force me to actually use Retractable Blade haha.

I do like the 3 stacks which means more burst, but I think you would find AP severely overpowered during PFT. That means crits of 2k per tick onWH gear people. I am already hitting 1.4-1.6k on War hero geared guys and I am only sitting at 2 piece War Hero.

Notice that I removed the part about being immune to interrupt, which balances the fact that you can recharge PFT faster. I really do not think this would make it OP. Actually the 5x stack is probably the main issue I have with the AP tree.

Edited by Agooz

Notice that I removed the part about being immune to interrupt, which balances the fact that you can recharge PFT faster. I really do not think this would make it OP. Actually the 5x stack is probably the main issue I have with the AP tree.

It would be pointless if it can be interrupted. The amount of damage lost would be incredible. It would go from a possible 8k damage to absolutely nothing making it the worst heat attack out there.

Edited by TheOpf

It would be pointless if it can be interrupted. The amount of damage lost would be incredible. It would go from a possible 8k damage to absolutely nothing making it the worst heat attack out there.

Usually in combat tech gear, you have a nice longer carbonize, then you got the reduced CD stun, and on top of that the countless times you are attacking 1, 2 or 3 people that are not even targeting you, I really dont see or experience major interrupt issues when I use FT or DFA.

I want the snare kept on RB(maybe increase it to 12 seconds though) and I don't really want FT altered, I certainly don't want the interupt prevention removed or the snare changed. Edited by LoKiei