The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Roll over, or try to remember?

Keilin

I took a break from the game for a while. But right before I did, I made a Trooper Vanguard and got him to lvl 12.

I didn't know I was going to be away for so long, and when I came back, I made and have been leveling a Sage. (I also have a few Imps in the 30s)

I see my Trooper everytime I log in, and want to play him again. So last night, I logged into him and realized I remember nothing of my rotation, etc..

It's only lvl 12, so getting there wouldn't be that big of a deal. But I keep remembering the starting area, not one of my favorites. Seems to take twice as long as the others...

So my question is: If you were in my shues, would you wing it 'till you got the hang of it again, or simply reroll?

(Oh, and do we still get the Orange quality, White rifle at the end of the starter zone? (I like the look of it and don't want to lose it. If I reroll I'd be deleting the original)

Edited by Keilin

I have no problem with rerolling, because sometimes the momentum gained by getting off Ord Mantell is enough to carry me through a few Esseles FPs and on to Coruscant. But at level 12 on a Vanguard, the rotation is pretty slim, so I would just head to the Old Galactic Market, tootle around killing mobs for 15 minutes, and then head to the fleet and do a couple of Esseles runs to get back into the swing.

Just remember that at level 12, you don't have much in the way of tanking skills :)

I took a break from the game for a while. But right before I did, I made a Trooper Vanguard and got him to lvl 12.

I didn't know I was going to be away for so long, and when I came back, I made and have been leveling a Sage. (I also have a few Imps in the 30s)

I see my Trooper everytime I log in, and want to play him again. So last night, I logged into him and realized I remember nothing of my rotation, etc..

It's only lvl 12, so getting there wouldn't be that big of a deal. But I keep remembering the starting area, not one of my favorites. Seems to take twice as long as the others...

So my question is: If you were in my shues, would you wing it 'till you got the hang of it again, or simply reroll?

(Oh, and do we still get the Orange quality, White rifle at the end of the starter zone? (I like the look of it and don't want to lose it. If I reroll I'd be deleting the original)

Unless trooper is the last class story you got left just reroll. The rotation is easy and the class looks the best of all the rep classes by far. If you are only going to do pve just go for it. You will see some nerf PT/VG threads based on level 10s getting hit by 48-49s PT/VGs in wzs .The class is far far... far below sents/shadows/sages in utitility, survivability and dps.

You will often see a PT/VG top dps in WZs and that's only because we do dot damage, dots so weak it's not worth to remove them so they just tick on the enemy for 15 min. We are mostly ignored untill a real dps class feels like doing some dps stat padding or you are the last guy left. Also we have no means of escape so we dps untill we die.

I had 3 marauders jump my Vanguard in a wz the other day. I killed 2 of them and took 50% of the 3d guys hp before I died. Now I can't solo one marauder that doesn't spend 15 second trying to find his skill on his action bar while backpedaling and keyboard turning. But there are those players out there that suck that hard. Those are the guys that creat the nerf x class threads.

Run up to mobs and hit your buttons that do damage. Especially against regular mobs, Troopers don't really have too much trouble. You could roll your face from one side of the keyboard to the other and by the time you lifted your face off you'd have a room full of dead gangsters.

EDIT: At level 12 I mean, I'm not sure what it's like later (but I'm sure they have a rotation against bosses or something).

Edited by IamScarap