Outside Sources

USMCjv

Why is so much of the new information about this game not posted on this site? I'm not saying to only post here but when they release information (in interviews, tweets, and online promotional content) why cant there be a link to it here?

I'm not sure. Honestly I think miscommunication with the community is a big reason for so much of the negativity on these forums. If the Devs just gave us the time of day to sit down and post here, on the OFFICIAL forums of the game, about SWTOR and what they have up and coming in the future, a lot of people would be less prone to accuse BW of ignoring or not caring about the player base.

Well, one could say "less work...more talking about work." As I was told when I asked your question.

However, I find that they seem to find plenty of time to post on Facebook, Twitter, interviews with Gaming Sites, and of course, the cinematic podcast.

Other companies don't seem to have trouble popping in once in awhile to reply to a thread. (WOW, EVE, etc).

I'm not quite sure you guys understand how promotion and marketing works. The more Exclusives you break with outside websites, the more attention from outside eyes you get.

It's not like the content/news doesn't make its way back to the forums. But getting those eyes from other sources potentially brings in more income.

One day you'll realize video games are a business

I'm not quite sure you guys understand how promotion and marketing works. The more Exclusives you break with outside websites, the more attention from outside eyes you get.

It's not like the content/news doesn't make its way back to the forums. But getting those eyes from other sources potentially brings in more income.

One day you'll realize video games are a business

As part of a business your current customers have to be kept in the loop. Which is why it's so puzzling that they don't simply copy and paste what news they've already announced elsewhere here.

As part of a business your current customers have to be kept in the loop. Which is why it's so puzzling that they don't simply copy and paste what news they've already announced elsewhere here.

but we do that for them. how often does an article with actual new information get posted somewhere else and NEVER make it's way back here?

but we do that for them. how often does an article with actual new information get posted somewhere else and NEVER make it's way back here?

How many people actually post articles related to news, game updates and not doom and gloom reviews? News about updates has a lot more weight behind it when it's coming from the development team or the like.

Edited by sambeta

Announcing stuff on Twitter without mentioning it on the Forums is community mismanagement.

My sentiments exactly.

i wouldnt say it is mismanagement.. the forums do not lack management.. they have a dedicated staff of moderators that work the forums, they may close threads that we dont want them to..but they are doing a decent job of managing the forums.... its a tough job really..

however.i DO think they should post everything on the forums first... then fliter it out to other media... that is the logical and responsible thing to do in a video game forum.

i wouldnt consider it mismanagement..just short sighted

it's well known and obvious on these forums that everything the community and development team does is the worst thing ever in the history of ever. that much is certain.

but, what did they do this time? anyone?

The only thing I am asking for is a link on this site to all of their posts and announcements on other sites. This is not asking for all that much. Also this isn't a post about the dev team, sorry to burst your fanboy bubble, I am fairly certain that this would be the community manager's job.