how do I gear up my guild with flashpoints?

I've been working hard to build a fun and laid back guild. Were pretty big on our server, and never pushed anyone through the leveling. This is my first MMO, and it took me a lot of trial and error to get to be a semi-respectable player on my server. I get invites to run content with other guilds all the time and i hold my own in PvP and HM ops/FPs, however, I've learned the endgame by reading and other players only...my guild is finally coming of age and we have a lot of players just level capping or about to. I've still run relatively little content, and geared myself through PvP. I'm not an expert, nor do we have one in my guild, so i need the forums help. What flashes should I run in what order to balance ease (so we don't turn off new 50s) with maximum gear drops. I would like to run ops quickly, but my new 50s are poorly geared. Besides starting the dailies runs, what should we be doing? Including should we bother crafting stuff or is it faster through drops. Thank you in advance!

Gearing up, and casual guild never go well together.

If you seriously want to get people geared up then you need people that want to gear up.

A good way to get decent enough gear to do ops/hmfp's is to do your dalies and buy the gear from the dailies vendor. they sell really decent armoring and you can get mods and enhancements for the heroic 2's on belsavis and ilum.

FP's are doable by fresh 50's. They will not be easy but you can do it. Just make sure you start off with the easier ones and not the hard ones.

Also normal mode Eternity Vault is really simple.

Normal mode EV. This is faster than HM FPs coz every boss drop columi grade gear. Enrage is not as painful as in HM FPs and can be managed by decently-skilled players even when undergeared. It is quite doable by a group of fresh 50s. Might take a few tries to learn the fights if none of you are experienced in MMOs, but once you understand the (simple) mechanics normal mode EV is easy easy.

Along with what has been said, I found doing the dailies that give mods, enhancements and armoring really useful.

Then I started two manning HM's with my brother, this moved most of my gear from dailies quality to tionese (or better) quality.

Then we're in a casual guild and we've done a bit of EV and now I am in mostly Columni to Rakata gear and the dailies aren't nearly as useful.

In about 3 weeks I went from 16khp to 19.5khp playing about 10-15 hours a week. One thing that I did have that really helped was sticking with Synthweaving and getting two pieces of Rakata at 50, also doing PVP I had my saber at 50 which proved to be a big help.

I'd strongly recommend looking at the two-man HM sticky in this forum since it is for fresh level 50s.

I have been gearing for about a month, doing mostly dailies, and a few ops with my guild. EV does drop a lot of good stuff, but helps a lot for someone to lead it that knows it well and what different roles need to be doing.

I have about geared out what I can with dailies, at least in terms of mods and drops. It looks like HM FP's give specific gear, there was a list on this forum I say yesterday. That helps because you can target the drop, a chest columi piece for example.

Probably taking your guildies on regular FP's a few times and then doing HM's would help fill in the gaps, after you get everyone what they can with normal EV. That is my current strategy anyway.

Gearing up, and casual guild never go well together.

This is the most true statement right here. There are a couple of caveats that make casual guilds have a difficult time in gearing up and experiencing end game content.

The first is the time issue. Operations, especially early on, can take up to 3 hours or longer for people who haven't done the content. Getting 8 people to log on together and do it in a casual guild is extremely difficult unless you schedule far in advance, and people need to be willing to treat it like any other appointment and be there to help their friends. Frustration can set in on the people that want to be there and gear if other people begin to flake and not be there on time or only stay for a short amount of time.

The second is optimization. Casual guilds have a "play what you want to play" mentality. There is nothing wrong with this when it comes to goofing off on quests, PvP, or roleplaying or whatever. In Operations and Flashpoints, bosses have enrage timers. Going in and spamming one attack on a sub-optimal spec for dps isn't going to help, just the same as if you had your DPS spec'd Commando trying to heal a Tank in DPS spec and gear. You don't necessarily want to be running 6 Juggernauts and 2 Sages either, as balancing your raid make up will make things easier as well. All these examples are extreme, but used to illustrate a point. Casuals are less likely to be running the specs they need to do harder content, which again leads to frustration to the people that want to be there.

Optimization also includes ways to fight together more effectively, working as a team. Voice Communication is practically imperative for this as well. Many casual guilds communicate through guild chat, and when you need people to move *RIGHT NOW* to get into positions, chatting in game is not the most effective unless everyone can type about 500 words a minute.

If you do Hard Modes and Operations, make sure you can get 8 people that can work well together, that want to be there, and that know their classes inside and out, and research how to improve if they feel they are being a hinderance. You *might* be able to get through some content with casual methods, but it will be more headache than it should be in most cases.

Edited by Toogeloo

You can easily gear up a casual guild. It just might take a bit longer.

First, DO NOT buy mods with your daily commendations.

Run all Dailies including the heroics (about 2 and 1/2 hours once you get used to them).

Ilum heroic will give you a purple enahncement. Once a player has all their enhancements, they are not bound so keep picking them up after and giving them to guildies who need them.

Belsavis Heroic's (3) gives a purple mod, purple aromoring and an orange companion weapon. Again freely tradable (the companion weapon is not) give to guildies!

Corellia Weekly gives black hole coms. Worth doing though it will take a while before you can get anything.

Save your daily coms for the rakata/compaign gear. They take 120/200 DCs for a single piece (you'll get there quicker then you realize).

Once you are in mostly purples start doing Taral V (or Imp equivilent). The only really tough boss is the optional (though it does make the end fight slightly easier). Watch Youtube videos for good strategies.

If you are diligent about doing your dailies you can be geared in a week. For a casual guild it might take 2.

Edited by Kawiki

Kaon is pretty easy. For a pretty decent starting off point then BT (HM) would be up your alley and is pretty easy. Operations I would start off with sm EV and KP. This will get most of your Guild into Columi Gear and set you up to start doing LI which will get you into Rakata.

get them all in purple 50z from craft/gtn and dailies. try to do EVSM, if u hit enrage take stims, if u still hit engrage looks at the flashpoint loot list to get the peices u need. depending on your faction u will have different progression in terms of HMFPz. now that u can farm them... u can just do the ones that u need gear from.

Wow, this is reallly helpful, thanks for everyone's collective wisdom!

Tried Kaon, last night with two guildies. Tank, Dps, companion healer, and Dps. Our gear is above average, and we couldn't get past the turret. Will research and try again.

Thanks again! Will forward this thread to my guild. I think should be stickied.:rak_03:

Without a player healer you'll have difficulty with almost any fp, the fact that companions don't move at all and a lot of fps have bosses that drop high damage aoe attacks that need to be moved out of means they'll probably die, add to that the fact that player healing is much better than companion healing. Starting off in HMs you should really take a full group, and if you drop any roll it should probably be one of the dps.

Yeah, I would agree with the above poster.

The most important role to have in the group is definitely the Healer. I would roll a Tank companion before a Healer companion, but they are just as important too. Definitely try to Pickup a random player if you can, or convince one of your guildies to re-specialize into a Healing role and pick up a Dps. Even a dps-geared Healing spec is ok since Talents are more important.