Knight / Warrior companion heals - 20 levels difference

Oshimo

wut? I just realized that balmorra is the planet where the knight/warrior class gets it heal companion. but since balmorra is a teenage planet for imps and a 30s planet for pubs, essentially the strongest most OP class in the game has a HUGE advantage on imp side vs pub side (at least until mid 30s) ...wow who came up with that brilliant idea?

wut? I just realized that balmorra is the planet where the knight/warrior class gets it heal companion. but since balmorra is a teenage planet for imps and a 30s planet for pubs, essentially the strongest most OP class in the game has a HUGE advantage on imp side vs pub side (at least until mid 30s) ...wow who came up with that brilliant idea?

Wow... I'm actually surprised that you're not complaining about how the Knight gets a tank as a first companion, as opposed to a Warrior getting a DPS. Or how about that the Bounty Hunter is the only class to get his healer first thing. There really is no disadvantage. On my Knight, I played with the tank-bot even after I picked up the other companions. Then on my Warrior, I played with the melee DPS all the way. Healing companions aren't really granting a HUGE advantage.

Having played both: yes, the Imperial side has things easier. They get a much cooler-looking selection of armor (even Kira comments on this), they usually get more money from quests, the quests tend to feature fewer elites, and/or cop-outs (say, like, being able to avoid fighting the Sand Demon on Tatooine with the correct dialog options), etc.

That said, they're still mirror classes so even if the 1-50 seems a bit easier for Imps (especially in the mid-game) and they dress you like a kid at Halloween, it's all the same. Just realize evil is always easier and always pays better :D

LOL

I would like to know why Healer/Tank are so much easier to level than a DPS. I've taken 3 characters to 50, Sentinel (DPS), Sage (Healing), and Vanguard (Tank).

The Sentinel still even at 50 struggles to kill orange elites without using cooldowns. If he gets an elite and a strong, forget it, he's dead. Doc is inconsistent, forgets to heal sometimes, and you just randomly die to normal packs.

The Sage is able to solo all H2s and most H4s. Can kill up to 4 orange elites at a time with relative ease and has great crisis management. Can get away from every encounter including PvP.

The Vanguard is able to solo all H2s, H4s and most Flashpoints at level. Can kill an infinite number of orange elites as long as they don't have armor reduction and disables.

LOL

The Sentinel still even at 50 struggles to kill orange elites without using cooldowns. If he gets an elite and a strong, forget it, he's dead. Doc is inconsistent, forgets to heal sometimes, and you just randomly die to normal packs.

Well you're obviously supposed to be using cooldowns. If the Sent could just stand there, take no damage without any cooldowns and whack away on people, then that would be pretty over-powered. I notice a HUGE difference with Doc when I turn off his Carbonized Stream. Something is buggy with the AI there and he'll just spam that sometimes instead of healing. He performs much, much better without that one.

You're right to some extent. Rebuke is meant to be used every fight but Saber Ward is not. If they had intended to make Saber Ward to be used on a fight by fight basis they would not have put it on a 3 minute cooldown.

Yes, leveling the Sentinel would have significantly easier if Saber Ward could have been used every fight and I suppose it could have but who really has the patience to sit there and wait for 2 minutes between fights for it to repop?

LOL

I would like to know why Healer/Tank are so much easier to level than a DPS. I've taken 3 characters to 50, Sentinel (DPS), Sage (Healing), and Vanguard (Tank).

The Sage is able to solo all H2s and most H4s. Can kill up to 4 orange elites at a time with relative ease and has great crisis management. Can get away from every encounter including PvP.

The Vanguard is able to solo all H2s, H4s and most Flashpoints at level. Can kill an infinite number of orange elites as long as they don't have armor reduction and disables.

i have to admit my agent struggles to survive packs of normal mobs on illum (can survive but have to be careful) so far my guardian knight hasnt died once on illum and ive done some stupid things like jump into a crowd of 5 or 6 normal mobs and also pull a boss.

as for OP i tend to use doc more than i do quinn so in a way i find getting healers later to be a major advantage.

Even Though my jugg is nearly indestructible in dalies with my healer out, i still use my dps companion instead. Mobs die faster and I am done with my dalies quicker. I know that was completely off topic, but this thread was kinda silly anyway. Edited by Pcolapat

Wow... I'm actually surprised that you're not complaining about how the Knight gets a tank as a first companion, as opposed to a Warrior getting a DPS. Or how about that the Bounty Hunter is the only class to get his healer first thing. There really is no disadvantage. On my Knight, I played with the tank-bot even after I picked up the other companions. Then on my Warrior, I played with the melee DPS all the way. Healing companions aren't really granting a HUGE advantage.

Vette is the first Warrior Companion and she's ranged so you couldn't have played 'with the melee DPS' all the way. It's not until after alderaan that you get Jaesa.,