1.3 will make or break this game

AgentTexas

Games in a lot worse shape than this one still exist or lasted for years. SWTOR isn't going anywhere, don't fool yourself.

Age of Conan is a great example! I quit playing it a year ago long after it was declared "dead" and it's still up and running today.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Age of Conan is a great example! I quit playing it a year ago long after it was declared "dead" and it's still up and running today.

Why do people constantly confuse a MMO shut downs with a dead game? AoC is dead, as is Warhammer, DCUO, Aion (outside of Asia), and Vanguard. Games that go into maintenance mode or garbage f2p games are just as dead as a game like Tabula Rasa. The only difference is maintenance mode/f2p MMOs exploit their remaining fanboys for every last dollar they can get.

If going to claim SWTOR isn't dieing because games like AoC aren't dead you've defeated your own argument.

Why do people constantly confuse a MMO shut downs with a dead game? AoC is dead, as is Warhammer, DCUO, Aion (outside of Asia), and Vanguard. Games that go into maintenance mode or garbage f2p games are just as dead as a game like Tabula Rasa. The only difference is maintenance mode/f2p MMOs exploit their remaining fanboys for every last dollar they can get.

If going to claim SWTOR isn't dieing because games like AoC aren't dead you've defeated your own argument.

LOL

I like how you say Aion is dead (outside of Asia). In Asia though, it's very much alive.

Hello, Schrödinger's cat.

LOL

I like how you say Aion is dead (outside of Asia). In Asia though, it's very much alive.

Hello, Schrödinger's cat.

Yes Aion is reasonably successful in Asia but its dead in the western market. You don't live in Asia so for all intents and purposes its dead to you as well. Or are we going to play the game where we pretend games like Lineage, Mabinogi and Jade Dynasty are relevant MMOs because they're big in Asia despite the fact that no one in the western world plays them?

Yes Aion is reasonably successful in Asia but its dead in the western market. You don't live in Asia so for all intents and purposes its dead to you as well. Or are we going to play the game where we pretend games like Lineage, Mabinogi and Jade Dynasty are relevant MMOs because they're big in Asia despite the fact that no one in the western world plays them?

I was more poking fun at the idea or concept that a game can be dead and alive depending on which way you look at it. Personally, SWG is dead. AoC is alive. It's only logical.

I was more poking fun at the idea or concept that a game can be dead and alive depending on which way you look at it. Personally, SWG is dead. AoC is alive. It's only logical.

Ah, well fair enough. We're just going to have to agree to disagree on that point. :o

So so true. I can't tell you how many MMOs that still exist that players say failed, despite being financially profitable and still in production and releasing content. Some didn't do as well, and some were forced to go Free to Play, and at least one went Free 2 Play after they saw it was more profitable then their play to play model, but how many MMOs released in the last 10 years have actually closed and never came back? Tabula Rasa and SWG?

I really liked Tabula Rasa, actually. Was really sad when it went away. As for SWTOR, I had to travel in March, stopped playing then, and am considering coming back. Only issue is I still have a lot of leveling to do (highest is 30 something) and it looks like I'll ahve trouble getting groups for the quests.

Can't speak to the rest of it. The next MMO I'm really interested in is GW2.

I really liked Tabula Rasa, actually. Was really sad when it went away. As for SWTOR, I had to travel in March, stopped playing then, and am considering coming back. Only issue is I still have a lot of leveling to do (highest is 30 something) and it looks like I'll ahve trouble getting groups for the quests.

Can't speak to the rest of it. The next MMO I'm really interested in is GW2.

There is no need to team up until level 50.

I've a question to people who contend that this game is still "alive".

Before/after release, the idea and the implication was that this would be unlike other MMOs. As it is story driven, the initial development team would not be dropped off after the release and our 15$ per month subs would go into keeping the team employed so they can release new stroy driven content on a regular basis.

Do you honestly believe this will be happening now?

Ofcourse this game will have players 5 years from now unless servers are shut down. If your definition of dead or failure means noone keeps playing the game, well, I'm sure college students could code games that would never be failures according to your definiton.

I've a question to people who contend that this game is still "alive".

Before/after release, the idea and the implication was that this would be unlike other MMOs. As it is story driven, the initial development team would not be dropped off after the release and our 15$ per month subs would go into keeping the team employed so they can release new stroy driven content on a regular basis.

Do you honestly believe this will be happening now?

Ofcourse this game will have players 5 years from now unless servers are shut down. If your definition of dead or failure means noone keeps playing the game, well, I'm sure college students could code games that would never be failures according to your definiton.

You seem to have a firm grasp of what "dead" means for those people who think this game is not yet dead.

So the real question here is.... Can you define your version of "Dead" ?

1.3 won't make or break this game. Stop being so Dramatic. I remember threads say 1.2 will make or break this game.

Maybe not but population took a huge nose dive after 1.2, you can't deny that. Just look at the servers today verus what they were back in Jan.

You seem to have a firm grasp of what "dead" means for those people who think this game is not yet dead.

So the real question here is.... Can you define your version of "Dead" ?

Red is Dead, no?

Check my signature, I consider that "dead". YMMV.

MMDV. My server has between 150-250 on the fleet most peak periods, no idea how many are on worlds.

Your pic only proves that your server is /almost/ dead, not the game. YMMV

MMDV. My server has between 150-250 on the fleet most peak periods, no idea how many are on worlds.

Your pic only proves that your server is /almost/ dead, not the game. YMMV

/almost/

/almost/

/almost/

Meh, nvm, your side of the ship doesn't have any holes I see, cya after they allow server transfers.

/almost/

/almost/

/almost/

Meh, nvm, your side of the ship doesn't have any holes I see, cya after they allow server transfers.

Nah, we're just on different ships. I feel for you and others in your position though. Transfers can't come soon enough.

Edited by Ignicity

Too late, 1.2 already broke it. Combat and balance were 10x better pre 1.2 This game will just continue to get worse. The PvP team has proven that they are clueless. Maintanence-Mode incoming. Edited by Mrcheezle

Game releases...wait...wait...wait...read forums...wait...read forums...buy game if satisfied...join populated server...get your @r53 handed to you :D

are you trying to say arse? Because the profanity filter allows it

Too late, 1.2 already broke it. Combat and balance was 10x better pre 1.2 This game will just continue to get worse. The PvP team has proven that they are clueless. Maintanence-Mode incoming.

This game isn't just about pvp. The game is way better in pve and quests post 1.2.

This game isn't just about pvp. The game is way better in pve and quests post 1.2.

Thats quite possible. I wouldn't know because I don't quest or PvE. As far as PvP is concerned though 1.2 was the kiss of death. No rated wzs to boot in 1.2 didn't help. TTK was perfect pre 1.2 The game actually took skill then. TTK is so fast now it has turned into a lemming-fest of how fast a few marauder/sents can mash buttons. Instead of fixing or toning down Expertise, they made it even more powerful. Any game that's PvP is based on gear grindfest for one OPed pvp-only stat over actual skill will always fail.

GW2 on the other hand..

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.