The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Daniel Erickson thinks X-Server LFG is last resort

tkinnunzero

I like how OP and many responders in the thread pick on that one item and ignore the super servers they are building and plan to offer mergers to transfer into that should have much larger populations then even the heaviest servers did at launch. If the simpler solution fixes the problem, why not try it first and hold out the last resort until needed?

Because if they don't work they might not be anyone left after this.

How well do you thing if in 2 months they launch them and it's still not enough and they say, Hold on for 4 more moths and we will get x-server.

The games population is dropping. More MMOs are going to be comming out soon. They need something that will 100% work now.

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh wow, you caught one person and I laugh at the person myself but compared to the rage quitters posts, ya that holds now ground. Go find more please and maybe we can share a laugh together :D

I caught one person within just a few pages.

Edited by Meluna

I caught one person within just a few pages.

im not the one who is campaigning to turn this game into a WoW with.lightsabers. Perhaps you can point me to another game that has been successful with all these features that WoW possesses. I mean a game that has more than 250k players so rift doesn't count;)

Edited by Meluna

im not the one who is campaigning to turn this game into a WoW with.lightsabers. Perhaps you can point me to another game that has been successful with all these features that WoW possesses. I mean a game that has more than 250k players so rift doesn't count;)

Rift is growing cleatus, this game is doing the opposite.

Right now this game is vanilla wow with lightsabers, All the watered down crap mmos got from vanilla wow, with none of the time saving convienience wow introduced later.

And i do believe that you are the one that actualy said you wanted vanilla wow with lightsabers.

Edited by Meluna

Because if they don't work they might not be anyone left after this.

How well do you thing if in 2 months they launch them and it's still not enough and they say, Hold on for 4 more moths and we will get x-server.

The games population is dropping. More MMOs are going to be comming out soon. They need something that will 100% work now.

How well do you think it will go over if Bioware announced "Hey, we thought it over and we are going to go ahead and wait 2-4 more months while we convert our current LFG tool to a X-Server LFG tool." Because there is a lot more involved in making a X-Server LFG tool.

Awww it's nice of you to call me ignorant but im not the one who is campaigning to turn this game into a WoW with.lightsabers. Perhaps you can point me to another game that has been successful with all these features that WoW possesses. I mean a game that has more than 250k players so rift doesn't count;)

As opposed to the devs who said straight up that they borrow heavily from WoW?

How well do you think it will go over if Bioware announced "Hey, we thought it over and we are going to go ahead and wait 2-4 more months while we convert our current LFG tool to a X-Server LFG tool." Because there is a lot more involved in making a X-Server LFG tool.

They can't now... but they should have had a same server LFG at launch like beta testers told them in September.

It only proves that BioWare is incapable of predicting future trends and always falls 3-6 months behind the curve of where they should actually be.

They are being way more reactionary than proactive, and that's bad.

Edited by Gungan

Hello there, everyone! We wanted to take a moment and remind everyone of the Forum Rules and Guidelines.

Please remember that members are allowed to disagree with one another - repeatedly making personal jabs is not constructive or conducive to healthy discussion. We understand that sometimes subjects can get heated, but we do ask that everyone is respectful and polite to each other while giving their opinions. Here are some quick examples to keep in mind when posting.

• Never insult another community member.
  • Always discuss the topic and give constructive criticism.
  • If you feel someone is violates the Rules of Conduct, do not reply to them; simply report (flag) the post.
  • If someone is being disruptive, simply do not reply and report (flag) the post.
  • Be respectful to all community members; while you may not agree with their opinion, you should not be rude to them.

Thanks for your understanding, and please enjoy your friendly debate!

Who borrowed, no wait, stole from gamesworkshop, borrowed from eq, who borrowed from.....

Like that changes the fact that this game is just vanilla wow with lightsabers, blow all the smoke you want to, a blind man could see that fact.

They can't now... but they should have had a same server LFG at launch like beta testers told them in September.

It only proves that BioWare is incapable of predicting future trends and always falls 3-6 months behind the curve of where they should actually be.

They are being way more reactionary than proactive, and that's bad.

I do agree with you on this one. There should have been a LFG tool at launch. I was actually surprised in beta when I had to use the general chat channel to find a group.

I also agree that they aren't very proactive. It's like they have tunnel vision and only worry about their "story". I believe the reason why so many people play WoW is because it plays well mechanically.

whats gonna be funny is

when more people leave after they put in cross server lfg.not to mention,im assuming there going to be doing x server pvp queueing also? or are pvpers yet again going to take the backseat of the bus

Edited by CrunkShizzle

whats gonna be funny is

when the population consolidation works and the morale rises and tor stops bleeding subs and actually start to increase then all these people begging tor to die just to be proven right will be wrong

im not begging tor to die

i dont really care,the only reason i havent quit this crapfest of an mmo yet is because i dont wanna go back to wow and guild wars 2 isnt out

Edited by CrunkShizzle

Then it's not a last resort, It's a We need to do it in this order or it won't work. There is a difference.

whats gonna be funny is

when the population consolidation works and the morale rises and tor stops bleeding subs and actually start to increase then all these people begging tor to die just to be proven right will be wrong

Most of it should work. If they can get servers up to 300 people on fleet stuff should be good. Except for Rated. Rated you need a really really big pool of players.

Players will stop queueing if they know chances are high the will get a team they know they can't beat. Then everything falls apart.

im not begging tor to die

i dont really care,the only reason i havent quit this crapfest of an mmo yet is because i dont wanna go back to wow and guild wars 2 isnt out

Just some advice, no amount of logic or facts will help you in that fight so just give up and ignore it.

Last Resort? lol. I'm a big supporter of X-server technology but you can't implement its uses as a last resort.

All the problems and lack of features, tools, and functions this game has had since release has in effect acted as a filter. This filter has done a tremendous job in eliminating players. The game is now on the tail end of establishing a playerbase that is perfectly fine with how the game is. If they implement a X-server now, it's effect will be negative as opposed to it being very positive 6 months ago.

Edited by Darkulous

Yes THAT is what you are promoting, the lack of moral fortitude, or willingness to be patient. So I vow here and now, the day cross server LFG is added, I am GONE!!!!!

yeah well why dont you have fun with that. this game has lost 400k subscribers and will lose hundreds of thousands more without it. have fun being one of the last people playing swtor cause of a lack of cross server LFG.

yeah well why dont you have fun with that. this game has lost 400k subscribers and will lose hundreds of thousands more without it. have fun being one of the last people playing swtor cause of a lack of cross server LFG.

Thank goodness, the game being a smashing success is a last resort. I was worried.

Yeah, because people acting like jerks NEVER happens in our trusted communities that we have established on our servers. No sir, every single person is of a strong moral fibre, no jerks here! Every single server is filled with countless of people that no only are happy to group up for anything at any time, but each and every one of these fine upstanding individuals acts in a selfless manner, and only selects 'need' when s/he actually needs said item in question!

For this reason, I refuse to see a cross server implemented! For it shall destroy the community we have all worked hard to establish by bringing in anonymous strangers from those... other servers we dare not mention in these parts.

This.

And look what happened to the people playing World Of Warcraft when the LFG cross server was implemented. Instead of actual decent players, they became wordless, mindless idiots who cared for nothing but themselves. People who would need on loot they didnt actually need just to sell, or leave a group if a boss they fought didnt drop the loot they wanted, even when it was only the first boss. Why should they care about other people? It is not like they would ever see them again, and even if they did, they can just leave the group and LFG using the tool again.

Yes THAT is what you are promoting, the lack of moral fortitude, or willingness to be patient. So I vow here and now, the day cross server LFG is added, I am GONE!!!!!

And that is why I am leaving now. I am not going to sit here and watch this game collapse in upon itself and become nothing but crap just the way I did WoW. Second I saw the 1.3 patch video, I was done. "We are implementing a single server LFG tool." Okay, have fun as you now lose all the rest of the people still playing the game. All we wanted was server merges to alleviate the what happened after all the WoW fanboys left. Now you show us that you do not give a flying fart about community and really just want all those WoW fanboys.