Powertech Pyrotech deserve the HUGE nerf

Roiz

Which is not true. but yes aoe does do dmg if 5 people stand in it for the duration. your point being if the other team are stupid aoe does lots of dmg?

You can't really say they're stupid when I AOE stun them and position myself and start AOEing. xD

Also, maps like Void Star are AOE zoos.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deception spec allows the sin to proc cost-reduction and armor penetration for maul. The same spec gives maul a +30% crit damage modifier.

Armor penetration on a crit bonus attack is not a unique feature.

The consistent damage against the PVP dummy I see is 4k on a HIB crit. It goes up to 5k when I pop adrenals and relic. I run 470 ranged damage bonus, and 77% crit bonus.

I have a feeling you have low power if you have 77% crit bonus, or you are using a crit surge adrenal, which could be another problem.

Is this thread really still going? Can't we all agree that every class that you're not using is over powered?

PT really is a strong class though... guess what? So is every other class in game when used PROPERLY.

L2P...

/endthread

Sound argument man. Yeh, tbh, PT can only be played by really, really, really skilled players.

The complexity of the spec is mind boggling - it strives to utilise a total of 4 buttons, which, for me, is just... ah I don't know, even fathoming the difficulty of the PT class is beyond me.

/Sarcasm off

PT is an overpowered class with little skill difference between the bad and the good. The issue will always be that their is a PT present, it doesn't take anything to pull off the OP numbers.

God I love this thread. The more you PT Pyros and Assault Vanguard's post in it meekly attempting to defend your OP spec the more attention you draw to it by lengthening this thread. It's a lose-lose situation for you.

They will prolly nerf PTs - not saying they should but they will.

And do you know what the same people saying PT are op Will br crying about another class after PT gets nerfed.

The fact is people treat this game as 1 v 1 which it isnt its 8 v 8. in wzs if your undergeared you will die alot and not do as much dmg.

Yes if you come up against a full wz/augmented pt he will kill you. so will any other class with the same gear.

and Yes these forums are for you Whiners and moaners that rage when somebody kills you in a warzone.

most of the time when reasonable arguments are presented scrubs who post here ignore them and go on whining about fake damage numbers. I'm still trying to figure out how you get 1k bonus damage from an adrenal that only gives ~ 500 power, since the guy was talking about power adrenals.

LOL... anyone who starts screaming for nerfs can not be argued with. There is no such thing as a "reasonable argument" to these people. They are right... and everyone else is wrong. It's like playing SWTOR with my ex girlfriend. :D

I have a feeling you have low power if you have 77% crit bonus, or you are using a crit surge adrenal, which could be another problem.

^ this, soft cap on surge is 75% bonus critical damage, after that its wasted points better spent on pushing crit chance higher or stacking more mainstat/power.

Sound argument man. Yeh, tbh, PT can only be played by really, really, really skilled players.

The complexity of the spec is mind boggling - it strives to utilise a total of 4 buttons, which, for me, is just... ah I don't know, even fathoming the difficulty of the PT class is beyond me.

/Sarcasm off

PT is an overpowered class with little skill difference between the bad and the good. The issue will always be that their is a PT present, it doesn't take anything to pull off the OP numbers.

hop on a PT and beat me. till then shut up.

You can't really say they're stupid when I AOE stun them and position myself and start AOEing. xD

Also, maps like Void Star are AOE zoos.

yes your 2 sec stun follow by either a cast or you have to move back slowly to use MV or you run in and use ES and then after 3-4 you autoshoot for epic gains.

And yes I can say they are stupid for if 5 people get caught in an aoe stun then they are idiots.

LOL... anyone who starts screaming for nerfs can not be argued with. There is no such thing as a "reasonable argument" to these people. They are right... and everyone else is wrong. It's like playing SWTOR with my ex girlfriend. :D

What imaginary?

yes your 2 sec stun follow by either a cast or you have to move back slowly to use MV or you run in and use ES and then after 3-4 you autoshoot for epic gains.

And yes I can say they are stupid for if 5 people get caught in an aoe stun then they are idiots.

2 second stun + 1.5 second GCD = .5 seconds of flamethrower/PC before they can interrupt, that's only 1 tick I believe. bad players are bad.

/Sarcasm off

Actually I have about 12 buttons of my keyboard and the 3 extra buttons + middle mouse on my mouse are bound.

My Sage has about 5 buttons less.

2 second stun + 1.5 second GCD = .5 seconds of flamethrower/PC before they can interrupt, that's only 1 tick I believe. bad players are bad.

I'm not sure why everyone in this forum looks at everything on paper.

Edited by ComeAndSee

/Sarcasm off

I can't argue that... In comparison to my other OP class (sarcasm) that I play (give you one guess). PT is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy easier to play. On that same note tho... it does take skill to play ANY class well. And there are randoms in EVERY WZ that prove me right.

Aside from that tho... I have players on my server that PROVE that every class can be beastly when used properly. There are some, and I pay attention to names because these player do it regularly and it helps me to know who they are... but there are some who put up insane numbers and are just all around tough, well rounded players. I always assumed that smugglers were under powered since I never had a lot of trouble with them and never seen em do much as far as stats. Thought is was more of a utility class.

Until last night, the same smuggler continued to wreck damage and was just a huge pain for my team all over the map. I came in second almost every match against him for damage beating out 3rd by about 100k and he topped me by another 150k.

And yes, I'm waiting for the "stat player" comment to be made but most of us are talking about over all numbers and classes being over powered. Any player can complete objectives... no matter the class. Of course some have the utilities to excel more than others but that's not the argument, just making a point before someone starts popping off with the "stat junkie" comment.

Edited by UGLYMRJ

I have 77% surge because I maxed a companion. My surge rating bonus puts me at 76%. I supplied my Ranged Power bonus in the exact text that you have copied. Four Hundred Seventy. It's not 500, but it's close enough.

When you see anything over 5k coming from a PT, and you have over 1000 expertice, what you are seeing is the result of a Power Adrenal, or a relic plus marauder buff.

Actually I have about 12 buttons of my keyboard and the 3 extra buttons + middle mouse on my mouse are bound.

My Sage has about 5 buttons less.

That's not very many, considering my level 36 Jugg has 33 binds..

Edited by Slashtwo

Is this thread still going... :rolleyes:

This discussion is a huge joke. If i did not put up massive amounts of dmg per WZ, there would be absolutely no reason at all for me to be in our premades (rated even more). People in my guild just laugh about this thread, everyone of us knows that Assault VGs cant do **** apart from doing single target burst every 2 mins and putting up huge dmg numbers, otherwise being very squishy, having no "get the fck out option", lacking the group buffs of Sentinels, etc.

I cant carry the ball. I cant stealth to doors in voidstar. Im no good node deffing class in civil war. All i do is dmg in a group setting. And in this role, were not better than Sentinels or Gunslingers. Just like it should be.

I cant take all the whine of people seriously that just got crushed by one.

We play on one of the only two heavily populated servers worldwide, TOFN, and i guess its fair to say that this is the hardest, best geared competition apart from the fatman, and in this kind of balanced environment (skill/gearwise, the majority of opponents we face is war hero) you really can see what classes are capable of.

Just because there is one good Powertech on your PVE server doesnt mean hes overpowered.

PS: We have a very good Sentinel and 2 very good Gunslingers in our guild, and we constantly switch top dmg in WZs between us 4. DPS classes do DPS. More news at 11.

This guy pretty much sums it up. PTs / VGs are pretty solid burst DPS. Outside of their cool downs and managing resources, they are only going to auto attack. Also 1 defensive cool down means anyone who pumps out more consistent damage will usually kill us.

I have 77% surge because I maxed a companion. My surge rating bonus puts me at 76%. I supplied my Ranged Power bonus in the exact text that you have copied. Four Hundred Seventy. It's not 500, but it's close enough.

When you see anything over 5k coming from a PT, and you have over 1000 expertice, what you are seeing is the result of a Power Adrenal, or a relic plus marauder buff.

You're still 1% over surge

When you use an exotech stim get full WH stack power augs and start mod / enhancement swapping, you'll see the difference the extra power makes.

Do yourself a favor and make your surge 76%

And yeah, easier but I think many are down playing it. I do well with my PT but at level 33 I'm using a lot more than people seem to be describing but I think it's pretty safe to assume that people are not using everything to your advantage. Even a pyro has tools to helps and protect his team. If you aren't using the 2 debuffs to protect your team and healers you are not using your class to it's full capability.

Yes, so far from what I've seen. Much easier. Marauder I'm actively using well over 20 key binds regularly... probably close to 30. He is 50... however, my PT at level 33... it's not as simple as some make it sound. I'm probably using near 20 and I haven't even maxed him out yet. Yes, you can use about 6-7 keys and put up some decent numbers... but decent numbers DO NOT make you a good or valuable player.

You're still 1% over surge

When you use an exotech stim get full WH stack power augs and start mod / enhancement swapping, you'll see the difference the extra power makes.

Do yourself a favor and make your surge 76%

You realize that all the power enhancements are either power/surge or accuracy/power, right? You have no options for dropping surge and gaining power. There is no surge mods in my gear to swap out.

You really have a fuzzy definition of 'its kind of attack':

White weapon damage that can miss completely? seems pretty clear to me.

So according to you a (by-default) 2.5 sec cast time attack is the same kind of attack as an instant attack, and a valid base for damage comparison.

Dream on mate. :rolleyes:

Hmm so you're saying the different between RS and Aimed Shot is just the casting time? So Aimed Shot now requires the target to be incapacitated or have a dot on them? Also your idea of balance is taking one ability from one class and matching it exactly on another class? Good thing you're not working on class balance.

(Just for fun. Lets assume your delves are correct. HIB: 1900 in 1.5s = 1266 DPS. Aimed shot: 3200 in 2.5s = 1280 DPS. Huge difference indeed :rolleyes:)

One is for a class that is on the front line taking damage all the time, getting CCd, knocked, pushed, etc..., and the other is for a class that can unloading all its damage output while being at 30m range with cover and immune to pull/leaps/etc...pretty balanced to me.

^ this, soft cap on surge is 75% bonus critical damage, after that its wasted points better spent on pushing crit chance higher or stacking more mainstat/power.

"Soft cap" is probably not the right sort of term to use here... Rather, you've transitioned into the steeper parts of the DR curve.

That's just symantics, though. The real issue is the practical one. You're talking with people that have mature gearsets. They cannot trade surge away to instead get power or crit; the gearing options for that do not exist. Surge doesn't compete with those stats. It competes with accuracy.

So, if you want to point at the guy's gearset and say their surge is kinda high, so their accuracy must be a little to low....have at it. But it's not at all a logical connection to make with their levels of power, crit, or mainstat.

Edited by Boarg

Pyros have the strongest substained and burst DPS in the game, AND you're complaining about a lack of finisher? Wow, the arrogance of Pyros have reached a new high. Pyros = underpowered killers because they have no finisher, you heard it here folks.

p.s. if you feel that you need an actual finisher to kill targets as a Pyro, you're doing it wrong. Plain and simple.

You have a talent of twisting everything that is being said. But really it doesnt work well on informed people. Neither HE, nor I, nor anyone else for that matter, said that Pyros = underpowered. Actually, you're the only one who did in this thread. Just because we are arguing the pathetic attempts of GodMode Pyros, doesnt mean we're saying we're underpowered. FYI, Pyros were closer to these exaggerated claims PRE 1.2. RS did get a nerf. Pyro Burst was higher pre 1.2, yet even then we didnt read such nonsense like on this thread. LOL

"Soft cap" is probably not the right sort of term to use here... Rather, you've transitioned into the steeper parts of the DR curve.

That's just symantics, though. The real issue is the practical one. You're talking with people that have mature gearsets. They cannot trade surge away to instead get power or crit; the gearing options for that do not exist. Surge doesn't compete with those stats. It competes with accuracy.

So, if you want to point at the guy's gearset and say their surge is kinda high, so their accuracy must be a little to low....have at it. But it's not at all a logical connection to make with their levels of power, crit, or mainstat.

WTB Level 61 Expertise/Crit/Power enhancement.

WTB Level 61 Expertise/Crit/Power enhancement.

No kidding, lol.

I remember shortly after release when I was scouring the game for one and quickly realized I was out on a snipe hunt.

/Sarcasm off

So true, yea because the WZs these days are all packed with PTs by people who are looking for easymode dominance. I guess I was still dreaming where 80% of a team is still force users, half of which are maraud/Sent/Assassins.