Fix ELECTROSTAFF

Agooz

Please no BS reply from a Bio saying this is working as intended. Yes maybe if you are lazy about fixing it, you can say that. But there is absolutely no reason to allow a class to use a weapon then turn around and have that weapon not work on certain abilities. I dont care how many color crystals you will still introduce, I want to use an Electrostaff.

Please fix it. All it would take is an intern and a couple of hours. Not much of an investment.

This is what I said to a bioware official in terms of the electrostaff, "I would like to report a problem with the electrostaff, for I am unable to use certain abilities with it, like maul (defined as scratching or tearing), any charges, or discharge... It’s an electrical staff need I say more? I have read under these abilities that they are double-bladed lightsaber only…, but I see it that if you are proficient in a weapon then you should be able to use it to its full capacity in unison with any abilities you would know. This does not only apply to Assassins but to all classes such as: a Trooper using full-auto with a blaster rifle and assault cannon, an Agent using Snipe with a Blaster Rifle and a Sniper Rifle, a warrior using Ravage with Lightsaber(s) or Vibroblade(s) or even Training blade(s) for that matter would support this thinking. In forums I have noticed that everyone is told this was intended by Customer Service but after thinking about it you would see that it makes little sense, instead of taking a “It says you can’t so you can’t” you should probably take a “logically you would be able to do it even if you are told you can’t” approach. I am not saying that all classes would be able to use all weapons but if you went to the trouble saying they had training with like-weapons that abilities they can use with one will be able to be used with another. Lightsabers are similar to vibroblades and training blades, Double-bladed weapons are similar to Electro staffs, and Blaster Rifles are similar to Sniper Rifles and Assault cannon. I doubt in the Star Wars universe that all Jedi/Sith use lightsabers and not all Non-force users use guns even if 90% of them do there will be circumstances that they would use another weapon that is like the weapon they normally would use lest it be cultural or situational." Every time I made a point, he only said,"this is working as intended." To which I would reply, "You are clearly not reading anything I originally said." This has been the most frustrating experience I have ever had from BW, the guy was talking to me like I was a bloody 3 year old, when in fact I was just trying to point out a major inconsistency within the game... Thanks BW... Edited by xXEmoKidXx

This is what I said to a bioware official in terms of the electrostaff, "I would like to report a problem with the electrostaff, for I am unable to use certain abilities with it, like maul (defined as scratching or tearing), any charges, or discharge... It’s an electrical staff need I say more? I have read under these abilities that they are double-bladed lightsaber only…, but I see it that if you are proficient in a weapon then you should be able to use it to its full capacity in unison with any abilities you would know. This does not only apply to Assassins but to all classes such as: a Trooper using full-auto with a blaster rifle and assault cannon, an Agent using Snipe with a Blaster Rifle and a Sniper Rifle, a warrior using Ravage with Lightsaber(s) or Vibroblade(s) or even Training blade(s) for that matter would support this thinking. In forums I have noticed that everyone is told this was intended by Customer Service but after thinking about it you would see that it makes little sense, instead of taking a “It says you can’t so you can’t” you should probably take a “logically you would be able to do it even if you are told you can’t” approach. I am not saying that all classes would be able to use all weapons but if you went to the trouble saying they had training with like-weapons that abilities they can use with one will be able to be used with another. Lightsabers are similar to vibroblades and training blades, Double-bladed weapons are similar to Electro staffs, and Blaster Rifles are similar to Sniper Rifles and Assault cannon. I doubt in the Star Wars universe that all Jedi/Sith use lightsabers and not all Non-force users use guns even if 90% of them do there will be circumstances that they would use another weapon that is like the weapon they normally would use lest it be cultural or situational." Every time I made a point, he only said,"this is working as intended." To which I would reply, "You are clearly not reading anything I originally said." This has been the most frustrating experience I have ever had from BW, the guy was talking to me like I was a bloody 3 year old, when in fact I was just trying to point out a major inconsistency within the game... Thanks BW...

I usually go out of my way to read walls of text but that was painful.

Hey, I got an idea.

Remove the freaking locks on Lightsabre and melee weapons.

All Jedi (and I'll assume Sith too) are trained to use any and all melee weapons before they rise up in the ranks and are granted the stereotypical single-bladed lightsaber.

Unlock the requirements.

Also, let troopers use pistols... she has one in every cutscene, why can't I use one?!

Maybe I'll make my own thread, hm.

The lock thing is mainly to make it easier for people to distinguish classes in PVP, by giving them a concrete outline via gear and weapons. It makes sense from a gameplay standpoint, if not a lore one.

The Electrostaff issue, however, is not like that. They explicitly gave Assassins/Sages Electrostaves, then punished them for using them by locking them out of core abilities. This is an issue that needs to be fixed.

The lock thing is mainly to make it easier for people to distinguish classes in PVP, by giving them a concrete outline via gear and weapons.

Which is part of the reason why I really hate hybrid PvE/PvP games. One side is always nerfed/annoyed by changes made that are primarily for the other, but in reality affect both. The limitation of certain weapons to certain classes is still by far my biggest disappointment with the game as a long time KOTOR fan, not that I'm saying we should be able to make twin pistol wielding Jedi. Honestly, although I know PvP'ers wouldn't like this solution, I'd rather they just shoved the relevant class icon above players heads like the ones you can turn on in PvE. :)

I usually go out of my way to read walls of text but that was painful.

I do apologize about the very lengthy post, but the reasoning for the post was more for me to point out that the customer support was being incompetent. Well maybe not that far... But it was quite annoying, when he said the same thing every single time.. Every time... He even told me to read the dang tool tip... Honestly did it sound like I hadn't read the tool tip?

Which is part of the reason why I really hate hybrid PvE/PvP games. One side is always nerfed/annoyed by changes made that are primarily for the other, but in reality affect both. The limitation of certain weapons to certain classes is still by far my biggest disappointment with the game as a long time KOTOR fan, not that I'm saying we should be able to make twin pistol wielding Jedi. Honestly, although I know PvP'ers wouldn't like this solution, I'd rather they just shoved the relevant class icon above players heads like the ones you can turn on in PvE. :)

If someone would take the time (which they won't) then they could make a Skill Tree for each character that is one that turns on in PvE and one that turns on in PvP and you can build them for both play styles (like for instance you could go Deception in PvP and Darkness in PvE).

An electrostaff deals a different type of damage though. It wouldn't just be a small fix.

The types of damage that both weapons deal respectively (energy v kinetic) are different in name only. They are both mitigated by the same factors, and the same goes for internal and elemental damage. This may have been different in a previous alpha or beta version, but in today's game the two archetypes of damage only exist as mitigated by armor/parry/dodge/shield (kinetic and energy) and unmitigated by these (internal and elemental). Perhaps, the problem comes from reworking the abilities themselves to identifying an electrostaff since some of the shadow abilities "require" a dbl lightsaber.

I agree with the OP, it would be nice for them to make electrostaves viable so shadows/assassins can actually use them without being inexplicably punished. They did it for knights and warriors concerning vibroblades. There are only three advantages that I can think of for removing this restriction too, all of which are positive and are in no way gamebreaking. 1) RP'ers will have more options to gear and RP. 2) Armstech will be quasi useful for the shadow/assassin. 3) My electrostaves will actually sell on the Galactic Market!!!!!