Free 30 days are almost done. R U RESUBBIN?

Sinphonic

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 lv 50 chars on dead server, which is second best euro/english pvp server

on saturday afternoon u cant get que for hours ,group for flashpoint or anything else

had one of the bigest guilds on the server, 95% left to d3, or lack of content, or dead servers, and now we barely have 2-4 people for premade, not even thinking about ops

so i have 20 more days on sub, i allready canceled it, gonna buy d3 next week, and wait for gw2

if they add more pve content+ranked warzones+more pvp maps+cross que i get back one day, i just cant see the future in this game

thanks for the fun first few months, was nice while it lasted

27 day here. Not sure if the free 300 kick in after or not, I assume yes.

Will I resubscribe? Depends on the guild. We have lost a great many guild members to other games. If many do not return to SW:TOR, there may be a strong guild effort to play an alternate game. For me playing with friends is more important than the game.

I hope SW:TOR does enough to resolve problems AND get some folks to resubscribe but I have limited expectations.

I have been enjoying rolling a toon in the other faction since the worlds and missions are very different. But that doesn't help the guild just my boredom with the game.

Well, I have 2 days left and I have already unsubbed and uninstalled. Question is for the people who didn't pay for 6 months or a year sub. Are you going to resub to the game?

Strait up are you going to give BW AND EA more of your money for this game?

no my last day was the day before yesterday

Well, unlike you, I can commit to something. Have fun with either children in WoW, free and boring stuff in D3, Korean grindfest Tera, or nothing new GW2.
I guess you are morally superior? Grats?

I am committed to having fun in the time I have to play video games. If it's not fun, I'm out.

Standing around doing nothing because there are only 4 people in the fleet, like last night? Not fun. Leveling up through Coruscant on alt #5? Not fun.

But I'll be fair. Mindlessly grinding mob after mob in TERA, with no actual world PVP on a PVP server? Not fun. Clicky lootfest in Diablo 3? Not fun.

Reading book 2 of Joe Abercrombie's fantastic fantasy trilogy, The First Law? Watching my Game of Thrones season 1 Bluray? Playing with my kid? Massively fun.

Do what's fun. The rest is whatever.

Well, I have 2 days left and I have already unsubbed and uninstalled. Question is for the people who didn't pay for 6 months or a year sub. Are you going to resub to the game?

Strait up are you going to give BW AND EA more of your money for this game?

Why uninstall? Do you pay per MB or something?

My sub renewed just before they gave out the free 30 days so i still have around 27 days left. It really depends on what happens by then whether i sub again not, server transfers need to be here or nearly here for starters.

Well, unlike you, I can commit to something. Have fun with either children in WoW, free and boring stuff in D3, Korean grindfest Tera, or nothing new GW2.

for the record,i dont play tera...but it irks me when people call it a grindfest...what do you think this game is? grind to 50,grind gear,roll alt and grind some more. and also i played the GW2 beta,and i saw more innovation in 1 day then ive seen in 5 months in this game.

I like the way your brain thinks.

I am unsubbing from this game as my server is dead, I cant pvp/pve - there is no population and I dont want to reroll as i may get told by BW that i cant join that server or they make bigger super servers. So it looks like im payign a sub for an MMORPG and just getting the RPG

And your brain Goes " he cant commit"

Just lol

People have given plenty of good reasons to remain subbed, just as others have raised some pretty valid concerns about the game and its direction and chosen not to sub. I know it's a "welcome to the internet" thing but it astonishes me how if your leaving your an entitled brat and if you stay your a mindless fan boy. There is nothing wrong with someone staying because they are still enjoying the game with friends or wrapping up their class story and want to see where it goes just as there is nothing wrong with leaving because there are a bunch of dead servers and the game is not interesting enough for you to start from scratch on The Fatman. Just because you refuse to acknowledge other peoples point of view because the only "right" answer is to quit does not mean they don't exist... you act like the people that are staying are spending your money to do so.

I did say I liked the game. Though after one play through to level 50, my interest started dwindling. I gave many reasons for my disinterest in "resubbing", and contrary to what you write, I never refused to acknowledge other points of view.

I was asking with genuine interest for specific reasons why people had the opposite opinion and were ready to "resub". I read through every single post in the thread, and to my dismay nearly every time someone expressed their desire to "resub" they simply provided a single sentance almost identical answer along the lines of "because this game is awesome", "Im here to the end", "this is the best game ever!".

Maybe those posters are young, or not very articulate. That is fine, their opinions are valid, though very shallow. I was hoping for someone to enlighten me as to why this game is "the best" or the reason why they "are here to the end", or maybe share what they see as "awesome", because maybe it is and I am just not seeing the awesomeness.

If I do not resub, then I will not be subbing to any other MMORPG.

Reason(s) to resub for me:

• It's Star Wars
  • It's Sci-Fi

There could be varying other reasons that I could list, but it still all boils down to those 2 major reasons. There is not a single other Sci-Fi MMORPG available now, or near future, that I would leave this game to play. There is not a single other fantasy MMORPG available now or anytime this year either. This is all I got.

I have been away for 2 weeks now due to lots of work and travel recently. And I still see nothing new or fixed to get me to resub soon. These "Updates" are too few and too long in between right now. Too many problems that should have been addressed in beta, were talked about in beta, that they are just now working on or "thinking about". It sucks... Update 1.3 doesn't have too much of anything, so far announced, to keep me subbed or interested for the multiple months waiting for 1.4 and beyond.

It really is ashame. As much as folks talk trash about Star Wars Galaxies and all of its flaws... it kept me subbed for 5 straight years, and a couple more years on and off after that. Swtor has kept me subbed for 6 months and already thinking of stopping.

Edited by Spuck

I'm not resubbing,

Can't motivate myself to play, and I find reading the forums more entertaining. Even re-installed some old games like ETW which I find more fun than this.

Main reasons:

- static world, static mobs, the world doesnt feel alive and is not compelling. I don't feel like I am a part of it.

- game designed primarily for solo story oriented gameplay, which is fin untill you've finished the story, or a coupl of them, or 3... but then the rest of the content (80% of it is repetition when you are playing an alt

- end game: mmmm dailies... did I mention I hate dailies?

- lack of flavour, where are the Bounty Hunters bounty boards? the smugglers smuggling missions? the crafted cultural (ie planet styled) armour

- no world PVP to speak of

- space combat was fun for a whole hour, now I find Moon breakers more fun because at least it's multiplayer. And no, Moon breakers is not great, by far... but already it's so much better than TOR space combat.

- crafting is cookie cutter, crew skills are an interesting idea, but crafting and players do not drive the economy when the best gear is purely achieved with commendations and operations.

- can't find group to do Flashpoints as I level, or Heroic 4... I play a MMO to play with others, not on my own.

Surely I will give it another go if I see that there are significant progress in these areas. Maybe a space expansion by Xmas?

Edited by Vonb

Not bad guys 6 pages of I will stay vs 85 of I will quit ...the game is doing great!!!

Well if few die hard trolls would just quit spamming the forums that would change. As I find all the trolls and put them on ignore the forums is slowly getting much better.

As soon as I see someone that spams that they unsubbed and yet continue to repost the same trash over and over again. I put them on ignore. Even though I never understand the reasoning behind "I quit posts" from any MMO I ever played, it's not enough to bother me. What bothers me is the trolling that has happened ever since Blizzard kiddies have taken over the MMO gaming community like a disease.

Edited by stineo