My ignore button is getting worn out.

CJ_SAX_MAN

Loving being at a high population server now, but some of the crap in the chat is so ridiculous, it is almost painful to read. I don't mind some jokes that are actually funny, even dirty ones. It isn't offensive things that are bothering me, just stupidity. I had hoped that this game would have quite a bit of an older age group. I am a 24 year old myself, but some of the stuff i see in chat is pathetic. Umadbro probably got old about two years ago. The trolling is terrible, and of course the typical "this game sucks" gets old. If it sucks, in play something else, or give up trolling, and get a life, like most of us actual players actually have, contrary to popular belief. I am not sure how bioware does their enforcement, myself and guild members, have gotten email warnings, one of our guys even had to change his name. And it was over things that weren't even offensive, yet, i report, some of the filth i see in the chat, and the next day it is still there, and i am not talking about normal sexual talk, i am talking about some guy joking about molesting 12 year old girls at his nearby school or some such. Which even though it is usually a troll, is just sick and in on way funny, or even worth trolling about.

If you ever roll a Jedi on The Fatman, turn off your general chat, Tython is the worst i have seen, followed by coruscant. Don't know about many other zones yet on this server as my character is only around 34 at the moment, but is there any way to stop some of this? I don't even think the wow trade chat was that bad, at least alot of trolls there were actually funny. And i love this game, call me a fanboy if you want but my biggest complaint just seems to be the stupidity and immaturity i feel surrounded by.

Loving being at a high population server now, but some of the crap in the chat is so ridiculous, it is almost painful to read. I don't mind some jokes that are actually funny, even dirty ones. It isn't offensive things that are bothering me, just stupidity. I had hoped that this game would have quite a bit of an older age group. I am a 24 year old myself, but some of the stuff i see in chat is pathetic. Umadbro probably got old about two years ago. The trolling is terrible, and of course the typical "this game sucks" gets old. If it sucks, in play something else, or give up trolling, and get a life, like most of us actual players actually have, contrary to popular belief. I am not sure how bioware does their enforcement, myself and guild members, have gotten email warnings, one of our guys even had to change his name. And it was over things that weren't even offensive, yet, i report, some of the filth i see in the chat, and the next day it is still there, and i am not talking about normal sexual talk, i am talking about some guy joking about molesting 12 year old girls at his nearby school or some such. Which even though it is usually a troll, is just sick and in on way funny, or even worth trolling about.

If you ever roll a Jedi on The Fatman, turn off your general chat, Tython is the worst i have seen, followed by coruscant. Don't know about many other zones yet on this server as my character is only around 34 at the moment, but is there any way to stop some of this? I don't even think the wow trade chat was that bad, at least alot of trolls there were actually funny. And i love this game, call me a fanboy if you want but my biggest complaint just seems to be the stupidity and immaturity i feel surrounded by.

shocking.....

Welcome to the Internet. Enjoy the buffet.

The joy of online anonymity.

I know some people who are really civilized and intelligent in real life but when they're online, they're "transformed".

Edited by Sammm

It would be like that on every server if they actually had enough people online at once to fill a single table in a cantina. The internet brings the worst out of people. Also, there are very few repercussions to being an ignorant bigot in an MMO since the bottom line is money. Seriously... play WoW. Now spam Trade chat with racial slurs for 5 hours. Enjoy your zero hour ban. Tell offensive jokes about women, babies, dead animals, etc.. enjoy your 4 hour ban. Tell jokes bashing religion. Four hour ban? Yup.

Beyond threatening a person with death or spreading personal information, everything is fair game. Enjoy.

Here's me thinking it should have been kinda obvious a pvp server named The Fatman would attract the inflammatory, excessive and provocative kinda gamers. :cool:

Does SWTOR have a maximum btw for people on ignore list ? You seem to be in the perfect condition to find it out. :D

Edited by Kirameki

If you think Republic on Fatman is bad, you should check out Imperial side on Fatman. I join General chat only when I'm looking for a group

You have the ability to toggle off general chat all together. It's in the settings.

Then you simply add your frinds only and poof you have scrubbed the issues away.

OR...

Just ignore anyone that is offensive.

the deal is you are living on a HUGE server with thousands of players and it's SUMMER so these types of things are going to happen. Report everyone of them if you want. But my personal choice would be just play my game and close the chat box.

My issue with closing the chat box, is i like to keep my eye open for LFGs for people doing heroic stuff. But there are a few times that i have all out closed and just left guild chat up. I know this is expected to happen, but, i have played MMOs for years and it seems like lately it is much worse, i don't know if there are more kids playing or what.

If you think Republic on Fatman is bad, you should check out Imperial side on Fatman. I join General chat only when I'm looking for a group

Wow i am tempted to roll a sith and see how much worse it could possibly get.

pffffft i maxed my wow ignore in THREE days and that was on a pve server. alot of us experienced gamers know pvp servers for many give license to i can do, say and act however i want. they collect most of the socially inept game crowd starving for attention and will try to get it at every and any means. this is the main reason i love mmos with pvp and pve servers. these people have a place to go and the rest of us know where they will be. the pvp rpg ones arent too bad though. you might want to try one of those out.

pffffft i maxed my wow ignore in THREE days and that was on a pve server. alot of us experienced gamers know pvp servers for many give license to i can do, say and act however i want. they collect most of the socially inept game crowd starving for attention and will try to get it at every and any means. this is the main reason i love mmos with pvp and pve servers. these people have a place to go and the rest of us know where they will be. the pvp rpg ones arent too bad though. you might want to try one of those out.

Would be all up for that if Rp servers weren't dead.

My Ignore button comes in most handy when I forget to set my Group Invites back to auto-ignore after grouping up for some stuff, and some numbnut decides to spam me with blind invites while I'm in the middle of a fight. Sometimes this game is almost as bad as City of Heroes for all the blind invites going on.

God Bless the Ignore Button and the Auto-Ignore feature. :cool: