Third faction coming?

Mallorik

There has been people getting a survey email asking about a future swtor expansion, they have several different options in the survey but the one thing that does not change is the over all story of the expansion:

The hutts have risen with enough fire power to challenge the empire and the republic. it sounds to me like its definately an opening for a third faction, if not a completely new faction atleast a pvp only faction like Rift is coming out with.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bw6sp6dpJKRcaDdKTHFnQlp6Wjg/edit?pli=1

Edited by Mallorik

There should of been three factions from the start - Empire, Republic and Neutral (or Hutt). I think the issue was thier class selection/structure - only really smuggler fit into neutral/hutt. :-/

Edit: and Bountyhunter...

Edited by Ironcleaver

Think I'm gonna call shenanigans on this. An expansion pack that is only $9.99 and provides 90 days of gametime? Expanded level cap? Cathar? Ewoks?

I like the premise of the Hutts organizing as a faction...but whatever that was didn't seem authentic.

Think I'm gonna call shenanigans on this. An expansion pack that is only $9.99 and provides 90 days of gametime? Expanded level cap? Cathar? Ewoks?

I like the premise of the Hutts organizing as a faction...but whatever that was didn't seem authentic.

its a survey, not an anouncement of an expansion.

In 2015 a new faction yes. They still need to improve open world pvp and still need to add in faction change. Those obstacles are in the way of reaching to something higher.

Rift is introducing a new faction that is pvp only, people from both of the current factions can chose to fight for the third faction, which would be doable in a short period of time and would make open world pvp totaly viable.

This has been posted a few times already. Consensus is that its fake.

An Ewok companion? Luke Skywalker's speeder?

Unrealistic price points?

Screams fake.

Its been confirmed by quite a few people, its a survey from a marketing company that works for ea/bioware.

There has been people getting a survey email asking about a future swtor expansion, they have several different options in the survey but the one thing that does not change is the over all story of the expansion:

The hutts have risen with enough fire power to challenge the empire and the republic. it sounds to me like its definately an opening for a third faction, if not a completely new faction atleast a pvp only faction like Rift is coming out with.

This link was debunked yesterday or the day before and the whole thread was deleted by the mods because of the link you have posted above.

Your clue to how its is false has to do with the mixing of elements from multiple times in the EU for Starwars. This link is false.

Edited by Urael

Rift is introducing a new faction that is pvp only, people from both of the current factions can chose to fight for the third faction, which would be doable in a short period of time and would make open world pvp totaly viable.

Actually, it looks like they have a new battle ground that has 3 factions (independent of the 2 main factions) and players pick from one of those 3 to play in that battleground only. It's not really open world, it's a single battleground (at the moment). A third independent faction, it is not.

Where can I take this survey.

Choice 1 would be like 85% likely.

Choice 2 would be like 2% likely or 98% not likely however u take it.

Please...I would love to hear everyone's opinion on these.

This link was debunked yesterday or the day before and the whole thread was deleted by the mods because of the link you have posted above.

Your clue to how its is false has to do with the mixing of elements from multiple times in the EU for Starwars. This link is false.

was this the one that was debunked and deleted? http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=463596 because its still there and still not debunked.

Dont know why people are going so crazy about it lol, its a survey with a bunch of crazy things thrown at a wall to see what sticks. I just found it interesting that the over all story of the expansion is the one thing that does not change and totaly supports a third faction.

Its been confirmed by quite a few people, its a survey from a marketing company that works for ea/bioware.

I have yet to see any form of confirmation or "hear" from anyone that has actually received this "survey". The only things that have popped up are the same link you posted.

was this the one that was debunked and deleted? http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=463596 because its still there and still not debunked.

Nope... it was the other 3 that actually had the same link you posted in them.

~Edit~ Now, if you've ACTUALLY received an e-mail with this "survey" link, I'd love to see the e-mail headers.

Edited by LupieZero

Dont know why people are going so crazy about it lol, its a survey with a bunch of crazy things thrown at a wall to see what sticks. I just found it interesting that the over all story of the expansion is the one thing that does not change and totaly supports a third faction.

OP should answer the survey.

I posted in another thread with that "survey" yesterday pointing out the ewok and the "lukeskywalker speeder" and the thread has been deleted from my post history. Seems there are more than one of these threads. It's bunk. If it didn't mix time frames it may have been more credible. But as it stands now ... the planet endor is a long way from being discovered from the point we are placed in the SW:Timeline. Luke Skywalker isn't even a gleem in Anakins Eye ... let alone Anakin. It's bunk.

I posted in another thread with that "survey" yesterday pointing out the ewok and the "lukeskywalker speeder" and the thread has been deleted from my post history. Seems there are more than one of these threads. It's bunk. If it didn't mix time frames it may have been more credible. But as it stands now ... the planet endor is a long way from being discovered from the point we are placed in the SW:Timeline. Luke Skywalker isn't even a gleem in Anakins Eye ... let alone Anakin. It's bunk.

Wellif its a fake its too bad that someone making up hoaxes has more forsight than bioware does. Three factions would go a long way towards repairing some of the damage ilum did to pvp in this game.

Wellif its a fake its too bad that someone making up hoaxes has more forsight than bioware does. Three factions would go a long way towards repairing some of the damage ilum did to pvp in this game.

ON the subject of 3 factions ....

Heck there could be more than 3 factions.

Empire (as it exists)

Sith (Pure Bloods attempting to seek supremecy with in the empire and the entire galaxy)

Chiss (Break with the empire or secretly plot to take over (think manderin relationship to the mongouls like the pure blood sith)

Hutts (all by them selves mainly utilizing smugglers and Bounty hunters)

Republic

Grey Jedi

Revenites

Room for alot of factions.

Edited by Urael