Best AC for Class Story

Skotal

In your opinion what is the best AC to play for each class with the only consideration being the story. Keep the titles, events, cutscenes, and setups for required story fights in mind. For example many of the fights required in the Agent story force the player into melee range at start making a sniper feel less like a sniper.

But Operatives want to start from stealth....so it's a lose/lose on either side for that problem. ;) I have a level 50 sniper and Operative, I didn't feel one worked out any better than the other. Honestly I think there is no better AC for the sake of the stories. They all have strengths and weaknesses.

Honestly I think there is no better AC for the sake of the stories. They all have strengths and weaknesses.

Partly true, some more than most for certain. Consular definately feels like it had a Sage in mind what with all the force secrets and diplomacy, but then it's also fun to go against the grain. The Inquisitor is also a bit more Sorcerer-esque with it's own fair share of force navigating. You can make him out to be more of an assassin though which is good writing.

As for Agent, the only other class I've played. It's certainly even. There's one scene near the end that definately needed a sniper, whilst a lot of the fights certainly do come into close range. However, I always think of the Sniper as more of an 'Engineer/Saboteur' role with a better gun, which makes a lot more sense.

I've briefly looked over other stories. Trooper and Bounty Hunter seem like either would work in equal measure. Knight feels a bit more of a Guardian, but that's only after looking at a few scenes.

i finished the sw as jug and working on jk as sentinel.

Both feature a lot of moments where you ignite your saber as a sentinel seems odd as i only activate one as a jug it felt better. The use of force push by the sw in several sequences would probably seem odd to a marauder as i believe they lack that skill.

interesting to hear sage seems to be the focus and SI can have an assassin slant to it.

No one has mentioned smuggler yet any thoughts?

Smuggler could go either way most scenes, but there's a couple dialogue moments where gunslinger doesn't make all that much sense. One class quest in particular mentions sneaking in undetected and being subtle, to which I felt like quoting Foghorn Leghorn, a gunslinger is about as "subtle as a hand grenade in a barrel of oatmeal." You get made fun of at other times for being really, really, really bad at subtlety though, so... who knows.

Having finished the Smuggler story as a Scoundrel, I think it could work equally well with a Gunslinger. There were times when I felt that the whole stealth/sneaking around thing worked better for a Smuggler in general (why are these idiots asking a Smuggler to storm an Imperial base, again? No wonder the Republic is having trouble!), but that wasn't a part of the actual story.

On my Consular though, I feel the story is a bit better suited to Sages. I've had several opportunities in story quests to heal NPC's and it seemed to fit very well, though I am guessing this is not an option if you are a Shadow. Also, the story seems focused on diplomacy and doesn't really have much in the way of "shadowy", cloak-and-dagger (er, lightsaber) sort of stuff. It did seem silly to have my Sage ignite his lightsaber next to an enemy while (trying to) look all tough in cutsenes though . . . I could see it working for a Shadow though!

Regarding fights that you are forced into after a cutscene, that seems to be problematic in general for ranged or stealth characters, and seems to happen for all classes.

Edited by Gwena