Stephen Reid Departs From SW:TOR (TOR-Talk Editorial)

Bertolli

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno, Andrayah does a pretty good job. So does Kthx.

If you have any counter-arguments to anything I have contributed, please state them and I will gladly address them. Sweeping ad hominem attacks just smack of desparation. You are better than that.

I remember when Sanya Thomas/Weathers was over as the community manager at Daoc, she practically invented the position as a community liaison between the company and the customers, and she said several times over the years there were many things she wanted to discuss with the players but the higher ups would not allow it. I am 100% convinced that Stephen Reid had the same handcuffs on him.

maybe the next communiy manager will actually come on the forums and talk to the community...

Always sad to see people lose thier jobs, more so now. Yet i do agree with you 100%, more communication is needed.

Always sad to see people lose thier jobs, more so now. Yet i do agree with you 100%, more communication is needed.

The way that the CM communicated was Lucastarts call I don't look for it to change, what I do look for is either the General forum going away all together or for the new CM to take a much less tolerant stance with TORchan.

I'm not saying this should happen I'm saying it probably will happen.

I feel bad for RockJaw, He had a thankless position. As seen by all the negative commentary here.

The man was flown for place to place and had to answer countless idiotic questions both in person and on his twitter account. All the while maintaining a level of decency even when people he was talking to refuse to offer the same.

I wouldn't / couldn't do his job. I know I would have at some point had an "episode" in which the "jet-lag" would have gotten the better of me and I would have unloaded on some super nerd for asking the same question I just answered 10 minutes ago.

I hope he got a good severence package, The economy in Texas is pretty good but nobody is really getting a new job in a week these days.

Gonna miss RockJaw... Good Luck to you man!!:D

They way I look at it, if you unsubscribe, you unsubscribe to the forums. Game time left over is only that, game time, not forum time

so, only people who pay by credit card with a recurring automatic payments should be allowed to post on the forums? Screw the people who pay by time cards, or people who don't want their credit card charged automatically for what ever reason. :rolleyes:

Paid time is paid time, and that includes full access to the forums.

Edited by Wolfeisberg

I don't see whats the big deal here, so the community manager is gone, he will be replaced with someone who will most likely do a better job than SR, end of discussion.

Do a better job how exactly? A CM can only share information when the devs allow it, and with the contempt many of the devs seem to have for us it doesn't surprise me at all that we get no communication from them.

I don't see whats the big deal here, so the community manager is gone, he will be replaced with someone who will most likely do a better job than SR, end of discussion.

Have you ever worked at a job that you had to deal with customers and wanted to tell some of the rude customers to F off?

Or have you worked at a place that gave you secret info about something the company was working on, but you couldn't tell anyone about?

Or have you worked at a place where your boss is ALWAYS checking what you say and talk about and you have to go thru that boss to make sure it was ok to say it?

THAT is what Rockjaw had to go thru, THAT is why he couldn't tell us what he wanted to and had to be vague on things. People need to wake up and realize that.

Letting go a strong community manager after only 6 months of a game release is a BAD BAD BAD call. Especially when that person was very compassionate about the company and it's players.

Do a better job how exactly? A CM can only share information when the devs allow it, and with the contempt many of the devs seem to have for us it doesn't surprise me at all that we get no communication from them.

^THIS.

People seem to think the it was up to SR what to post here and when. Don't delude yourselves. It wasn't. And for as long as I've been on Twitter and saw what he posted, he NEVER posted new information on there that wasn't already here. There have been a few times where he let little minor details of news that was already announced here slip, but that's about it.