No cross server lfg. THANK YOU BIOWARE!!

Dylancholy

I swear people just make these threads to troll. Anyone with an ounce of common sense knows that cross server is far superior and much better for the health of the game.

Unfortunately for BW, Blizzard know this and they're taking it to the next step in pandas.

Edited by Nyoro

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you want to quickly jump on and run a FP with someone you'll never see again who proceeds to roll NEED on your gear despite being the wrong class? And you have ZERO recourse you can take against that person?

You want this? Cause I don't. X-Server LFG makes this the norm.

That happens now.

At least with a properly implemented LFG tool I'll have the recourse to vote-kick them out of the group. Today I can only drop group... unless I happen to be the group leader, then I suppose I could kick the offender out and go back to spamming fleet for another hour or more. Fun. Not.

Do you want to quickly jump on and run a FP with someone you'll never see again who proceeds to roll NEED on your gear despite being the wrong class? And you have ZERO recourse you can take against that person?

That stuff will happen regardless. The question is, do you want to wait 45 minutes for that to happen or 15-20?

As someone who played WoW from the pre-LFG days into the cross-server LFG days, I can say that I much prefer having LFG limited to the same server. When you're with people from a different server, you just don't care about them. At all.

It builds community to have the server populations feel connected to eachother, and cross-server LFG (and Warzones, for that matter) just means that people will stop listening to eachother because half the time you'll be yelled at by some idiot who's taking advantage of the fact you'll likely never be in the same group as him again.

I swear people just make these threads to troll. Anyone with an ounce of common sense knows that cross server is far superior and much better for the health of the game.

Unfortunately for BW, Blizzard know this and they're taking it to the nest step in pandas.

Cross server LFG single-handedly destroyed the WoW Community.

Edited by JediZenn

As someone who played WoW from the pre-LFG days into the cross-server LFG days, I can say that I much prefer having LFG limited to the same server. When you're with people from a different server, you just don't care about them. At all.

It builds community to have the server populations feel connected to eachother, and cross-server LFG (and Warzones, for that matter) just means that people will stop listening to eachother because half the time you'll be yelled at by some idiot who's taking advantage of the fact you'll likely never be in the same group as him again.

They yell, I ignore. *shrug*

Cross-server PvP queues are coming, per BioWare.

I care as much about people from other servers as I do those from my own server and my own guild. If I didn't, I suppose I wouldn't heal them, right?

If caring is based on association or proximity, why would you care about anyone in the game at all (assuming you've never actually met them)?

When the game started I was for a same-server LFD. But with the current state of the game and without server shut-downs / merging I think it will be too late. I completely expect them to implement a x-server group tool later on.

What's going to happen is people are still going to be waiting an hour plus to run certain content and end up getting frustrated. Think about the person leveling their alt at 3am on a week day morning. No way is this same-server LFD going to work in the long-run. Once again BioWare is going to have to learn the hard way.

That stuff will happen regardless. The question is, do you want to wait 45 minutes for that to happen or 15-20?

Yes, but do you know the difference? First off, if someone does this stuff a few times, they get a label as being someone you don't wanna group with. Eventually the top guilds blacklist them. Also you can /ignore someone on your server.

You can't /ignore someone on ANOTHER server. You can't very well blacklist someone from another server either.

I would take the chance of having my item ninjad from me anytime if it means I can actually run a FP. Not sure what you mean by ZERO recourse. There is a kick option. Also, it depends on how BW implements a loot system that controls it's dispersment, not the X-server tool itself. WoW's Vanilla X-server LFD was quite a terror and people left the game than and brought their horror stories with them. But that was years ago. It's changed. Ninjas are not the NORM these days. Players need to distinguish the following:

-X-server LFD

-Loot System

It was as if by magic, this piece of software Blizzard implemented into their code caused 10 million fine, upstanding people to turn into 9,999,999 sociopaths and JediZenn who somehow resisted its effects.

If Blizzard could bottle the ability to foment that sort of societal destruction, they'd make hundreds of billions selling it to rogue nations!

Edited by DarthTHC

I definitely get the feeling that they have every intention of adding X-server LFG eventually but are just currently overwhelmed/incompetent. The "respect for communities" bit rang a little false imo.

Cross-server anything just destroys any community whatsoever and it can be proven by looking at lolWoW.

My Guild on WoW is awsome. They are the players on my server who I have found to connect with. Who cares about the others?

I definitely get the feeling that they have every intention of adding X-server LFG eventually but are just currently overwhelmed/incompetent. The "respect for communities" bit rang a little false imo.

I concur.

spin (n) Slang. a particular viewpoint or bias, especially in the media; slant: They tried to put a favorable spin on the news coverage of the controversial speech.

Cross-server anything just destroys any community whatsoever and it can be proven by looking at lolWoW.

I've run dungeons in this game after having formed them the old fashioned way and had people in the group NOT SAY ANYTHING. Even when you try to talk to them. That's your beloved community that you're trying to protect from ruination. Give me a break.

What a joke some people are. Again with this no Cross server crap.

Heck, if they released cross server wz/lfg two months ago, i bet you more people would still be playing this game and you wouldnt have 90% servers dead during prime time.

Cross server will be the thing the save the game. Its what saved Rift from a early death too. Transfers/merges will work for a bit but eventually cross server will be needed especially for lower level content. Might as well just add it now. I just dont see why people are even against xserver not like you are being forced to use it, always can do the old fashion way. Even with X server in rift people would still do LFG or LFM in the LFG channel.

People so scared they will encounter a "idiot" via cross server queue, well ever heard of the vote kick system? I have used cross server in Rift and WoW and NEVER EVER had a problem with it. If anyone would Ninja an item, if anyone would afk or act like a @ss a simple vote kick, then requeue and less than 1 minute later continue where we left off. How hard is that?

Edited by Meluna
rude

I would take the chance of having my item ninjad from me anytime if it means I can actually run a FP. Not sure what you mean by ZERO recourse. There is a kick option. Also, it depends on how BW implements a loot system that controls it's dispersment, not the X-server tool itself. WoW's Vanilla X-server LFD was quite a terror and people left the game than and brought their horror stories with them. But that was years ago. It's changed. Ninjas are not the NORM these days. Players need to distinguish the following:

-X-server LFD

-Loot System

Ninjas are not the norm? Odd, since just last year I saw up to 3 a day while leveling my Healer Shaman.

Yes, but do you know the difference? First off, if someone does this stuff a few times, they get a label as being someone you don't wanna group with. Eventually the top guilds blacklist them. Also you can /ignore someone on your server.

You can't /ignore someone on ANOTHER server. You can't very well blacklist someone from another server either.

Um... in WoW you can actually /ignore someone on a different server and the tool will never group you with someone on your ignore list, even if they're on a different server.

How can you not know this while attempting to portray knowledge of the tool's impact?

Exaggeration and subjective. WoW is doing fine after LFG; it was doing fine before LFG.

This game will do equally fine once it is implemented.

Can you queue up and go off and solo some content? Yes

Is this better than spamming General "LF2M - Blah blah blah"? Yes

Does it GUARANTEE A GROUP? No. However, NOTHING DOES.

You're all acting like children.

"I WANT SOUP! GIMME SOUP!" (Presented soup). "THIS SOUP IS COLD!"

Get over yourselves, use what is provided or kindly shut up and find something else to play.

You could queue up and go solo content, you could also go solo content while in a LFD tool that is looking across multiple servers and not just one...

Is it better than spamming that you're LFG... NO! Why? Because people will still be spamming even with the tool, guaranteed! How do I know? BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE DOING IT NOW WITH THE CURRENT LFG TOOL!!!

Nothing guarantees a group? I think me healing, my fiance dps'n, my roommate tanking, and my rl friend dps'n actually DOES guarantee me a group... use your brain for once...

Here's your soup... use a microwave...

Bioware themselves has asked for our feedback on such things, it's actually the ONLY reason why these forums exist... so WE WILL VOICE OUR OPINIONS OF SUCH THINGS ABOUT THE GAME BECAUSE THE CREATORS HAVE REQUESTED US TO DO SO!!

Edited by Meluna

Ninjas are not the norm? Odd, since just last year I saw up to 3 a day while leveling my Healer Shaman.

Damn, you remember 3 ninjas from a year ago? That's impressive. But hey, at least you were able to run a dungeon while leveling. If WoW had a same-server, you wouldn't be able to do that.

That's aload of rubbish. I've played WoW from release to now, done hundreds of dungeon runs, raids and whatnot and I can easily say that x-server dungeon finder is the best thing they've ever added to the game. Now I can play a dungeon, log off and go to work, all in the space of an hour. Previously dungeon finding was a frustrating and time consuming process which was all the more disappointing when someone said "I gotta go guys" halfway through a dungeon.

You might think the WoW community is "destroyed" but the other millions of people that play it over this don't, they like the convenience with which they can get a dungeon, raid or battleground in mere minutes. Meanwhile this game is falling to pieces because most people can not be arsed to try and play a game that makes it as slow and difficult as possible to do any content with others.

If you want to play with others from the same server then spam LFG or do it with guildies, there is nothing stopping you from doing that and if you're really bothered about baddies then just run with guild members. A good community comes from a good guild after all, not the server.

I don't care if somebody called you names in another mmo but I don't want everyone else to suffer because of your selfish close minded opinions.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.