Race change

Oxygenum

Not to mention it'd make no sense at all from a story perspective. You can't magically become a Twi'lek. I would hope that Bioware has still SOME respect left for the lore, even if it looks unlikely now that I have to stomach the insult that is Republic sided Sith Purebloods.

Species change would also break part of the Legacy system, species unlocks. Players would reach level 50 and then change race over and over to unlock the rest. Instead of changing species they could allow changing the look within a particular species. I'm sure plastic surgery doesn't break lore and who's to say that a cyborg couldn't add/change implants at some point.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
First it's species, not race. Second, no. The developers decided not to allow this, and it's several years too early to change that decision.

Race and Species are the same thing, go look it up in the dictionary.

Not to mention it'd make no sense at all from a story perspective. You can't magically become a Twi'lek. I would hope that Bioware has still SOME respect left for the lore, even if it looks unlikely now that I have to stomach the insult that is Republic sided Sith Purebloods.

Surgery to change species, that wouldn't be a lore-breaker.

Race change could be perfect for customer happyness

Yeah, but you might wanna add some more description. And it would depend on the customer's point of view.

Race and Species are the same thing, go look it up in the dictionary.

They are not the same thing. Humans are a species composed of many different races. And since you were too lazy to look it up in the dictionary yourself:

Species

The major subdivision of a genus or subgenus, regarded as the basic category of biological classification, composed of related individuals that resemble one another, are able to breed among themselves, but are not able to breed with members of another species.

Race

Any of the traditional divisions of humankind, the commonest being the caucasian, Mongoloid, and Negro, characterized by supposedly distinctive and universal physical characteristics: no longer in technical use.

Gotta love trolls that talk smack but are so completely wrong. Just like the Grammar Police that can't spell or differentiate your and you're when talking smack about something someone wrote in chat.

They are not the same thing. Humans are a species composed of many different races. And since you were too lazy to look it up in the dictionary yourself:

Species

The major subdivision of a genus or subgenus, regarded as the basic category of biological classification, composed of related individuals that resemble one another, are able to breed among themselves, but are not able to breed with members of another species.

Race

Any of the traditional divisions of humankind, the commonest being the caucasian, Mongoloid, and Negro, characterized by supposedly distinctive and universal physical characteristics: no longer in technical use.

Gotta love trolls that talk smack but are so completely wrong. Just like the Grammar Police that can't spell or differentiate your and you're when talking smack about something someone wrote in chat.

Choosing favourite definitions, I see. Races are species as well. I have even heard people say the words "the human race" a few times. So human, is a race. Still don't believe me? Get out into the real world and have conversations with people.

Edited by AgentJacen

I see no reason why it shouldn't be added, the whole "it's impossible argument" has a flaw in the fact that there is already ready "race change" technology in the lore. If you have read the Tales from Mos Eisley book, one of the short stories in there features a device that swaps minds between bodies so it would be entirely plausible for this in-game. Maybe they could even add it as some fancy gree technology?

"The Race change should not be because of the lore"? Is Star Wars man IS NOT REAL.... its a game, Bioware's mission? to ensure we have as much fun as possible, that's why some of us subscribe.

Dot it for customer satisfaction, Im with the twilek dude, what if you created a toon and then you realized that is not what you wanted or though was going to be like.

and for the comment on Legacy unlocking species part, forget about that, really simple, everything can be achieved through efficient programming and positive thinking, but here is a suggestion:

How about you say change from human to Zabrak = they run script that at the moment you make the change unlocks Zabrak, and relocks human.

":eek: OMG problem solved..."

"The Race change should not be because of the lore"? Is Star Wars man IS NOT REAL.... its a game, Bioware's mission? to ensure we have as much fun as possible, that's why some of us subscribe.

Dot it for customer satisfaction, Im with the twilek dude, what if you created a toon and then you realized that is not what you wanted or though was going to be like.

and for the comment on Legacy unlocking species part, forget about that, really simple, everything can be achieved through efficient programming and positive thinking, but here is a suggestion:

How about you say change from human to Zabrak = they run script that at the moment you make the change unlocks Zabrak, and relocks human.

":eek: OMG problem solved..."

EVEN if you had to unlock a species first before being able to change a character into that species, I'd be against the whole idea.