Why so grumpy? Show the game Love!

Fargaust

Wow. No wonder more SWTOR players choose Sith! Grumpy folks. :D

Cheer up! We have a fun MMORPG of Star Wars for goodness sakes! And a good one at that! I love it! I saw Star Wars in the theater in 1977 on opening weekend when I was a little kid - I could never have imagined back then that I would be able to PLAY a smuggler someday. Or a Jedi. Or a Bounty Hunter!??! Wow.

Narcissism has always thrived in the MMO forums. And grumpy folks always want to start their OWN thread about "why I am leaving" or "Bioware stinks" or "grumble-sputter-squak." And it will not stop today. Maybe people think that it will be THEIR thread that makes Bioware say "OMG this thread opened my eyes! Lets hire this dude so he can put us on the right track!" :rolleyes:

For my part, I just want to say to Bioware, Lucasarts, and EA: I love the game. It IS imperfect. It is young and it is developing. It has some challenges to address. But it is amazing. I cannot wait to see what Bioware does with it in the future. And after playing WoW for MANY years, I already like SWTOR better. Is that because i am a Star Wars fan? Maybe. But I am sticking with it because it is worth it.

(I do hope they combine low-population servers soon. OR... make 4-man heroics doable by 2 toons for those of us who want to do them on low-pop servers. But I know Bioware is aware if the issue, and such issues, and I am sure they are working on it. Not their first rodeo.)

Thanks!

I love the PvP.

It is not so complicated and come very vital.

But as everything, it also has the flu ...

Whatever i came down on thinking about swtor, i always end up with the engine as a source for all this problems.

Then i read a interview with the Hero guys, telling they just gave out the product and didnt know, BW already had the horse running.

Well, im only a gamer, that wants a proper targeting and a less delayed skills when it went hawt.

Cheer up! We have a fun MMORPG of Star Wars for goodness sakes! And a good one at that! I love it! I saw Star Wars in the theater in 1977 on opening weekend when I was a little kid - I could never have imagined back then that I would be able to PLAY a smuggler someday. Or a Jedi. Or a Bounty Hunter!??! Wow.

Narcissism has always thrived in the MMO forums. And grumpy folks always want to start their OWN thread about "why I am leaving" or "Bioware stinks" or "grumble-sputter-squak." And it will not stop today. Maybe people think that it will be THEIR thread that makes Bioware say "OMG this thread opened my eyes! Lets hire this dude so he can put us on the right track!" :rolleyes:

For my part, I just want to say to Bioware, Lucasarts, and EA: I love the game. It IS imperfect. It is young and it is developing. It has some challenges to address. But it is amazing. I cannot wait to see what Bioware does with it in the future. And after playing WoW for MANY years, I already like SWTOR better. Is that because i am a Star Wars fan? Maybe. But I am sticking with it because it is worth it.

(I do hope they combine low-population servers soon. OR... make 4-man heroics doable by 2 toons for those of us who want to do them on low-pop servers. But I know Bioware is aware if the issue, and such issues, and I am sure they are working on it. Not their first rodeo.)

Thanks!

I agree in part, but I can understand why some of those left on dead servers are annoyed. Inaction by BW on this point has, IMHO, led to people cancelling their subs and/or rerolling. I bet you will find a few of those rerolling have also cancelled due to growing tired of running through the same content again ... I say that because I am one of those. A great game with two fundamental flaws:-

(1) opening too many servers on release, and failing to rectify the issue the moment it was apparent

(2) focusing development on other areas that are less important for the health of the game IMHO.

It's a fun game and I like it a lot. But there are some things that need to be addressed.

This is how I feel. I am willing to let them build on what they have as I am not in some wild rush to have everything right this exact moment (as it seems many on these forums are). I just want them to do it right and I want to keep enjoying the game. Until these forums, I had honestly never seen such a large collection of memes and the entitlement mentality, what with all the "fix this or I quit", "this needs to be now or I quit", etc ...

Would I like these issues fixed? Yes. Have the issues in game stopped me from playing? Not yet (and hopefully not ever). I have just been a part of several brand new MMOs and betas and all of them have started out with low content, bugs, and people crying about how it is the end of the world (SWTOR has more than it's share though) but because of that, I have a high tolerance for new MMOs (this usually lasts about 12 months before I just give up on them heh ...

I'm loving the game.

I've played since day 1 of early access. I've leveled two toons to 50, and working on my third.

I won't deny there are a few things that frustrate me, like the intermittent crashing bug that hasn't been fixed, and the drop off in population, or having to pay for BH pieces plus 120k of credits to pull the mods out. (Only way to keep the rakata set bonus until Campaign gear.)

However, I'm loving end game--in spite of population shifts my guild operation alliance ran at least 5 ops last week, including 2 Story Mode ECs, and Story Mode HMs. I'm enjoy leveling new toons--so much that I deleted my level 50 gunslinger to try the storyline as a scoundrel instead.

As people complain and ragequit I find we're left with people who genuinely like the game, know their class, and are good at group content. I certainly want Bioware to be successful, and I understand that will require a subscription boost...but I'm certainly not missing any of those who have left.

N0 0ffence t0 the 0p

But either this is your 1st mmo or you are just a huge fanboi of sw. (which I am aswell)

But this game sucks (no offence bw)

It should be marketed as a single player/ co-op game.

take out raids and pvp

I had more fun in rift, and I only played that for 2 months. I really gave this game a chance because I love star wars and used to love bw and love MMO's.

I gave this game way more of a chance than other mmos that were better got.

Why so grump??

Lemme list the reasons.

1.prior to launch the really really limited info on the game.

2. How they went about pre-order and the actual launch date.

3. Early access and their tight grip on server population (this has affected the we are in now)

4. The insane amount of bugs and failed patches

5. illum - this was one of the biggest fails to date in ANY mmo to date for me. I can't even believe they insulted us with illum and then insulted us even more with the weak band aid attempts to fix it. To now basically take it out of the game.

6. Complete segmentation of planets and zones to really make it feel instanced no matter where you are. Which leads to 0 player content of the opposite faction and even limited of you own.

7. uselessness of crafting and the constant changes in to because the system they developed is broken (debatable for some)

8. broken pvp - From faction imbalance to class imbalance. No rated still after nearly 6 months and it may not be in sight for a while.

9. limited end game content / its just a wow daily grind - I am a pvp player but from what I have read the end game pve is completely lack luster. TBH NM/HM of the same instance for gear that looks the same but a different color is a weak attempt @ end game.

10. MY LAST OF STILL MANY I COULD LIST : THE COMPLETE LACK OF INVOLVEMENT FROM BW ITSELF TO THE COMMUNITY ABOUT THE CURRENT ISSUES THAT PLAGUE THE LONGEVITY OF THIS GAME. WHICH LEADS ME TO BELIEVE THEY EITHER DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO OR DON'T CARE AT ALL. WITH THE AMOUNT OF PEOPLE ON FORUMS TWITTER AND IN GAME THAT ARE LOOKING FOR SOME ANSWERS TO THESE SERIOUS QUESTIONS AND BW JUST COMPLETELY IGNORING IT MEANS THAT I NO LONGER SHOULD PAY FOR THIS GAME. AND THAT I AS A CUSTOMER AM FED UP AND PO'D THAT NOTHING IS BEIND SAID OR DONE.

That is why everyone is grumpy. And they have a right to be. If you are happy ! awesome for you man keep playing and don't worry about us. but considering that there are 4x the amount if not more of people who have an issue with the game and numbers going down not up. Means there is something wrong. BW needs to wake up. Well.. They needed to wake up months ago.. IMO its too late.

I'm loving the game.

I've played since day 1 of early access. I've leveled two toons to 50, and working on my third.

I won't deny there are a few things that frustrate me, like the intermittent crashing bug that hasn't been fixed, and the drop off in population, or having to pay for BH pieces plus 120k of credits to pull the mods out. (Only way to keep the rakata set bonus until Campaign gear.)

However, I'm loving end game--in spite of population shifts my guild operation alliance ran at least 5 ops last week, including 2 Story Mode ECs, and Story Mode HMs. I'm enjoy leveling new toons--so much that I deleted my level 50 gunslinger to try the storyline as a scoundrel instead.

As people complain and ragequit I find we're left with people who genuinely like the game, know their class, and are good at group content. I certainly want Bioware to be successful, and I understand that will require a subscription boost...but I'm certainly not missing any of those who have left.

This is generally how I feel, too. I've managed to play 5 seperate operations, using two of my 50's, during this past week and I've generally enjoyed myself as I level my newest characters while not grouping up for an operation. And I am on one of the "dead" servers, mind you.

It's not that I don't see changes that need making. Nor even that I don't miss some of the people I don't see coming online lately, either. I'm going to finally yank my characters out of the guild, to toss them into a guild still running regularly scheduled operations. But I also respect changes are incoming, too, and I enjoy the game enough I'm going to wait and see how the changes will work out.

Have not reached 50 yet?

I have. Halfway through raiding content. Having much fun.

Its not the game, its the caliber of player that we see today. Many have argued that GW2 will best this game, is done right, has a clue.

.....Have you been there to read those boards? ;p

I generally like the game as well. The problem is people want a game and are compairing this game to a game that is 7 years old. And unfortunatly all MMO's will dive because of this. If they release a game that isn't wow as it is now people will be pissed. I'm gonna give it some time, and if it it fails it fails and ill stay till the end.

I agree in part, but I can understand why some of those left on dead servers are annoyed. Inaction by BW on this point has, IMHO, led to people cancelling their subs and/or rerolling.

This is conjecture and misinformation that just servers to fuel the fires. It is also a simplistic approach to a complicated problem (why don't they just put out those brush fires in California).

There is no "lack of action" on the part of the developers. It is a complicated issue (with names, legacy etc). but it will be out as soon as is possible.

Honestly, damned if they do, damned if they don't. Imagine the explosion of complaints if they were to release it incomplete?

Thanks!

I agree. I absolutley love this mmo...and the fact that it is Star Wars is awsome. I have played Galaxies, Vanguard, Rift, Guild Wars, Fallen Earth, and a few other "not so popular" ones. I have to say that this is the best one i have played.

I believe people are judgeing this game based on a "perfect" mmo....which there are none. I have never played an mmo with cut scenes....i love it. I enjoy grouping for flashpoints. I enjoy crafting gear for my guys and taking them into warzones pre 50. This is the first mmo where i actually enjoy the storylines. The game runns smoothly for me. I havn't experienced any bugs tbh and i've had the game since launch. I would say that compared to other mmo's i've played the buggs are very small. The hacking and exploiting seems very low compared to other mmos.

I've read others points against this game...however many of those points i find to be minor things. The ones i do agree with when I compare them to other mmos they are not bad at all. I don't consider the low server pops a big deal because they will be fixed through transfers. I have no doubt in this.

My only major concern with this game atm is the 50 and open world pvp. That's it...that's all.

we love the game!

if we didnt we wont be playing it now.. or trying to if you are on a low pop server...

and thats why we NEED the population issue and others BE SOLVE so we can keep playing and enjoy the game

we have be patient, 6 months of wait and they still cant give a word about whats the next step

a *early summer* its not a answer, and we need it much faster than that..

so more than hate is frustration! we want to play, but we cant enjoy it with the current state of the game.