Guardian/Jugg changes

Nimmz

Has anyone heard of any dps buff coming our way? I know we lack a bit in that department and could use a small buff in comparision to most other melee dps classes. On top of that are we getting any new abilities in the tanking department. Seeing that shadow tanks have great heals, force pull and bubble.

I'm hoping we get some kinda dps buff and a few new talents or abilities to compare to shadow tanks.

Honestly the DPS spec could get cleaned up pretty well by extending (and shortening in the case of plasma brand) the dots we leave on a target. Allowing us to keep them up consistently would help. We could also do without Narrowed Focus in it's current form and get an AOE damage reducer while in Shien form. That right there would improve the playability infinitely. And I wouldn't have to leap out of fights in OPs and wait for heals before I can go back in because my 8% more armor than a Sentinel means I can take 30% more AOE damage in BW's eyes.

But that's a wish, nothing is known to be in the works at present.

I think our damage is good where it is.

-I´d love to have our base defense increased to 10% (like Consular/Inquisitor)

-I wish Hilt Strike was a base ability (the animation and sound is just so awesome)

-Shien is an aggressive blaster deflection stance -a speccable +15%/+30% blaster deflection to represent that

(yeah Soresu should have that while we actually hit people with deflected Blaster bolts -but that will probabyl not happen:) )

-Blade turning duration increased by 1/2 seconds -speccable in the defense tree (equivalent to Shadows/Assassins who can increase the duration on Resilience/Force Shroud to 5 seconds)

-Soresu stance increasing defense by x% instead of shield chance

-A Force block move like in the endfight versus the Emperor.

Edited by Sabredance

I think asking or waiting for a buff is pretty silly, Our class is already well balanced and we just recently received a subtle buff in 1.2

I think most people are enjoying the class and if you feel lacking in the area of tanking or dps then you could probably use an improvement on your game play, I think its always more reasonable for someone to step back and try to understand their class, than just blatantly asking for a buff

I think if anything should be looked at or tweaked, its the setup of our ability trees...a lot of the times when I mess around with different specs I notice I'm forced to spend a couple of points on useless stuff, it doesn't feel like my options are well synergized and it also feels like a lot of the abilities are out of place or just plain useless

other than that I feel like the class is just fine and dandy, it will only be so long before bioware realizes that nobody is picking up those useless abilities and phases them out

I dunno that it needs anything significant, it's pretty good the way it is. A couple of changes maybe....

-Focus spec definitely needs to be rearranged, it's ridiculous that we have to wait until L41 before we can use the spec and be properly effective with it

-There needs to be a 2nd lesser stun breaker introduced or a CD reduction on the existing one

-Saber Ward's CD needs to drop or we need some extra buff for damage reduction somehow

Other than that i think we do pretty well.