TCW Season 5 Trailer

We can assume that Boba and Bossk took advantage of the mayhem that was happening in the prison and escaped.

Once I saw the "magic release" of the two of them I firtst had horrible Season 3 flashbacks due to random inconsistant crap like this....then I kept telling myself what you suggested happened. Yet I would have liked to have heard soemthing like "Multiple prisoners are escaping" on a com channel or something in the prison...some sort of hint instead of "oh look they are free and fully geared again out of nowhere."

Boba also wasn't a grown up so maybe he had a lighter sentence?

He killed a nice amount of people and attempted to kill multiple high-standing Jedi council members, I doubt he would have gotten a slap on the wrist.

------------------------------------------------------

Another thing I forgot to mention about Season 3 *shivers* is that Boba Fett was turned into a wuss / crybaby. He held back killing some random troopers / officers? The same Boba in Ep II that /evil laugh as he tried to kill Obi-wan on Kamino and cheered on as Jango tried to blast Obi-wan over Geonosis? Thankfully the random Season 4 and looks like Season 5 made Boba the killer he should be. Though Boba lore wise is supposed to car a ton about children / younger people the whole "guard kidnapped girl to be forced into marrage" plot made no sense...he would have let her go..

Edited by Eillack

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He killed a nice amount of people and attempted to kill multiple high-standing Jedi council members, I doubt he would have gotten a slap on the wrist.

I don't remember anything about the episode other than him blowing up Jango's helmet and him getting sent to jail.

Edited by Tuscad

Another thing I forgot to mention about Season 3 *shivers* is that Boba Fett was turned into a wuss / crybaby. He held back killing some random troopers / officers? The same Boba in Ep II that /evil laugh as he tried to kill Obi-wan on Kamino and cheered on as Jango tried to blast Obi-wan over Geonosis? Thankfully the random Season 4 and looks like Season 5 made Boba the killer he should be. Though Boba lore wise is supposed to car a ton about children / younger people the whole "guard kidnapped girl to be forced into marrage" plot made no sense...he would have let her go..

There are a lot of reasons for this.

One being, killing someone via ship to ship isn't as personal as shooting someone in the head. Him acting like a child enjoying a videogame is natural...especially since he knows what his father does for a living.

When Obi Wan was trying to subdue Jango on Kamino, he was trying to help his father anyway he could. Then in Space he saw Obi Wan as a threat to his father so he wanted him gone.

Him not wanting to kill clones makes sense because basically he would be killing "His Father" they all have his father's face.

Not wanting to hurt Killian, is because the man was actually nice to him and tried to reason with him.

About the latest Episode with the Girl.

Also....how do you know he wasn't going to try something once he delivers the girl to the client. Boba Fett in the EU has been known to double cross people he felt deserved it. Before he could do anything, the girl attacked him and Asajj knocked him out.

And if that's not the case this is a younger Boba, the one your referring too is a lot older, this is him first starting out as a Hunter, so he's not going to be as honorable. To him at this point, a job is a job, no matter how dirty.

There are a lot of reasons for this.

One being, killing someone via ship to ship isn't as personal as shooting someone in the head. Him acting like a child enjoying a videogame is natural...especially since he knows what his father does for a living.

Boba was trained as a Mandalorian for years before Ep II. Blood Ties, a comic series that began last year shows a few tidbits of what Boba had done previously, including in aiding / killing bounties with Jango.

When Obi Wan was trying to subdue Jango on Kamino, he was trying to help his father anyway he could. Then in Space he saw Obi Wan as a threat to his father so he wanted him gone.

Him not wanting to kill clones makes sense because basically he would be killing "His Father" they all have his father's face.

True, but he knew they were just mere clones. though I will admit / bring up how in The Force Unleashed II comic hardcover Proxy at one point defends some rebels as Boba Fett fought along side storm troopers. Proxy used his holoprojection of Jango Fett, as a result Boba Fett was completely stunned, stopped attacking, and Proxy got the chance to shoot Boba in the Arm.

Not wanting to hurt Killian, is because the man was actually nice to him and tried to reason with him.

About the latest Episode with the Girl.

Also....how do you know he wasn't going to try something once he delivers the girl to the client. Boba Fett in the EU has been known to double cross people he felt deserved it. Before he could do anything, the girl attacked him and Asajj knocked him out.

Because the norm. for the writers of TCW up to this point wouldn't think that far.

And if that's not the case this is a younger Boba, the one your referring too is a lot older, this is him first starting out as a Hunter, so he's not going to be as honorable. To him at this point, a job is a job, no matter how dirty.

True, but still at this point (Seeing that Boba's lore has been rushed [via the revenge on Mace Windu] he almost needs to be showing the more honorable side of Boba.

My toughts. :cool:

Edited by Eillack

I'm not a huge follower of the EU, so I'm going to explain Boba Fett as he is represented in Lucas canon.

I don't think Boba is supposed to be an "Evil" man. More "Chaotic Neutral". Boba Fett doesn't strike me as the type of character that would just murder someone for fun. He has a definite agenda of revenge against The Jedi for decapitating his father in front of him. He does place a bomb in Mace Windu's room on the cruiser.

he doesn't seem to have anything against the clone troopers as he is technically one himself and they would be his "brothers" (however estranged). He does show a response to seeing the adult trooper without the helmet and seeing his Father in his face. He doesn't seem to be eager to kill anyone he doesn't have to. He doesn't seem to be political, just "all business". He seems more anti-Jedi than anti-Republic.

Seeing as how his exposure in the films is very limited other than how COOL he looks), so as far as true canon, we are having to rely on The Clone Wars series to tell us who Boba Fett actually is.

I'm not a huge follower of the EU, so I'm going to explain Boba Fett as he is represented in Lucas canon.

I don't think Boba is supposed to be an "Evil" man. More "Chaotic Neutral". Boba Fett doesn't strike me as the type of character that would just murder someone for fun. He has a definite agenda of revenge against The Jedi for decapitating his father in front of him. He does place a bomb in Mace Windu's room on the cruiser.

he doesn't seem to have anything against the clone troopers as he is technically one himself and they would be his "brothers" (however estranged). He does show a response to seeing the adult trooper without the helmet and seeing his Father in his face. He doesn't seem to be eager to kill anyone he doesn't have to. He doesn't seem to be political, just "all business". He seems more anti-Jedi than anti-Republic.

Seeing as how his exposure in the films is very limited other than how COOL he looks), so as far as true canon, we are having to rely on The Clone Wars series to tell us who Boba Fett actually is.

The characterization is pretty consistant in the EU. He even seems to hold a grudge against the Jedi for commanding the clones in the war. (And the Jedi, Leia in particular, seem to hold a grudge against the clones for, you know, blindly killing all the Jedi.)

Off-topic, that "true canon" thing always annoys me.

Edit: Hey, WHEN is that trailer going to go up officially? I refuse to watch the shakey-cam.

Edited by Velaran

Off-topic, that "true canon" thing always annoys me.

How come? I'm only referring to what George himself releases as canon. EU and Lucas sometimes contradict each other. I don't mean to sound like I'm belittling the EU. How do you refer to it?

How come? I'm only referring to what George himself releases as canon. EU and Lucas sometimes contradict each other. I don't mean to sound like I'm belittling the EU. How do you refer to it?

It just weirds me out that people put such a strict line between what Lucas writes or says, and anything anyone else comes up with. The only qualification that Lucas has to override anyone else is that he originated the IP, and, to me, that's little reason to automatically take his word as the "true" canon over any other writers in the EU.

In short, screw the whole "parallel universe" thing. Just take the EU and the movies as the same story, the same canon, and enjoy everything equally.

It just weirds me out that people put such a strict line between what Lucas writes or says, and anything anyone else comes up with. The only qualification that Lucas has to override anyone else is that he originated the IP, and, to me, that's little reason to automatically take his word as the "true" canon over any other writers in the EU.

In short, screw the whole "parallel universe" thing. Just take the EU and the movies as the same story, the same canon, and enjoy everything equally.

Lol some of the EU needs to stay non-canon.

Pretty much Ep I-VI, then "what if's" for in between, previously, and afterwards.

Never! I will never acknowledge that the Yuuzhan Vong exist in Star Wars!

Edited by Aitix

Please lets try not to derail this thread into a Canon War thread. You saw how long that went on in my Boba Fett Thread.

I used to be a Dutchess like you but then I took a blaster bolt to the knee.

I wish this arrow-to-the-knee meme would just die.

Anyway, back on topic: does anyone else think that that guy on the ice planet sliding on the snow whilst shooting at Anakin is Embo?

I wish this arrow-to-the-knee meme would just die.

Anyway, back on topic: does anyone else think that that guy on the ice planet sliding on the snow whilst shooting at Anakin is Embo?

-------------------------------------------------

Well Embo IS back seeing that Savage was beating him up in the trailer.

-------------------------------------------------

Well Embo IS back seeing that Savage was beating him up in the trailer.

Already saw that. Now who else wants to get back on topic?