WH Sage vs WH Sentinel.?

Clexzor

Has anyone had the opportunity to switch for a game or two with a guildy or friend with a Sentinel/Marad type? Well just did last night and it pretty much killed the game for me. The difference is way beyond what I had originally noticed while playing the sent btw in full WH felt god like compared to my sage which btw he owns me 1v1 and Im 1 top3 sages on our server and can kite ok..... anyways wanted to ask around and see if anyone else feels the difference is way out of whack compared to ranged dps....oh btw first game with sentinel I did 636k lol....best on my sage is 760k full Balance.

Btw my sage is also full WH except 1 relic...and the test was done with a 1300 expertise Sent.

Edited by Clexzor

I rerolled as soon as i saw what was coming down the line for sages in 1.2 to a sentinel. My sage is 5 pieces warhero, all the rest BM. Once popping 50, my sentinel in 2 piece BM rest recruit was outperforming the sage by leaps and bounds. Now full BM sentinel is completely destroying, there is absolutely no comparison between the two. After attempting some bizarre seer/balance hybrid to see if i could improve my survivability and failing miserably, the sage is officially perma-shelved until new patch adjustments. It just doesnt feel fun anymore to play.

In a one-on-one confrontation, a Sentinel should obliterate a Sage.

Sages (like all healers) act as force multipliers. In practical terms, this means that their personal effectiveness is lower in exchange for making everyone around more effective. That's why you always kill the healers first - eliminating the force multiplier is the fastest way to reduce a team's overall effectiveness.

However, you can't just run a full team of 'force multipliers' because you need some force to multiply in the first place.

But if you make a Sage just as effective one-on-one as a Sentinel, this no longer applies. There wouldn't be any reason to ever bring a Sentinel because you could get the same individual performance plus the force multiplication by bringing a healer instead.

Sages (like all healers) act as force multipliers. In practical terms, this means that their personal effectiveness is lower in exchange for making everyone around more effective. That's why you always kill the healers first - eliminating the force multiplier is the fastest way to reduce a team's overall effectiveness.

However, you can't just run a full team of 'force multipliers' because you need some force to multiply in the first place.

But if you make a Sage just as effective one-on-one as a Sentinel, this no longer applies. There wouldn't be any reason to ever bring a Sentinel because you could get the same individual performance plus the force multiplication by bringing a healer instead.

I don't know what class you play, but why does a sage HAVE to be a healer? I play a sage, and I'm not a healer, I'm a DPS speced sage. As such, I should be able to 1 vs 1 against a Sentinel. I have always played wizards or some sort of caster (in shooters I'd be a sniper normally) in all the other games I've played, and as a caster your suppose to hit harder then melee classes because of the armor discrepency. But in this game it's the opposite, the melee have the armor and the damage while the casters have a joke. I'm in full BM gear and I get hit costantly for 3k-5k damage. Meanwhile as a DPS speced sage, the hardest I have ever hit is 2500. What good is my bubble which defends me from 3300 points when i'm getting hit for 4k? I'm still taking damage on the first shot with bubble up! We have a joke for defense and we are a joke for offense. When a Sentinel or BH who loves to spam those *********** missles at you, we last normally 4 hits, just long enough to say, "oh ****, where is he can I can run the oppos...........................****, now to run back!"

Has anyone had the opportunity to switch for a game or two with a guildy or friend with a Sentinel/Marad type? Well just did last night and it pretty much killed the game for me. The difference is way beyond what I had originally noticed while playing the sent btw in full WH felt god like compared to my sage which btw he owns me 1v1 and Im 1 top3 sages on our server and can kite ok..... anyways wanted to ask around and see if anyone else feels the difference is way out of whack compared to ranged dps....oh btw first game with sentinel I did 636k lol....best on my sage is 760k full Balance.

Btw my sage is also full WH except 1 relic...and the test was done with a 1300 expertise Sent.

OK. So reality check needed here. You are playing Balance Sage and are designed to do ranged sustained periodic dmg, while your Sentinel buddy is a melee dps class designed to do burst. He will own you in duals if he can close the ground. However in warzone PvP you are doing two different things, trying to play the same way as they do is just a mistake in what your class can do.

Edited by Ewgal

I am mostly full WH and queue with a mostly full WH Sentinel. I out DPS him 8 out of 10 games. There is only one other Sentinel who can out DPS me consistently on my server. No Marauders on my server can out DPS me. I'm not ashamed to admit why: My rotation and AOEs, AOEs, AOEs.

For my rotation I take advantage of psychic projection, presence of mind, and force suppression for the highest damage. A Sentinel will, however, always out-DPS a Sage when we only choose single targets, even with the highest damage rotation. Thus, I'm always on the lookout for groups of enemies to put down Force in Balance and Force quake on. I honestly believe this is what we're designed for. We're not great at 1 v 1.

Because a big chunk of Sage damage comes from AOEs, it's rare for my Sentinel friend to out-DPS me in Novare Coast and Voidstar where enemies tend to group up.

Yeah most of yall can't read apparently I guarantee i out dps all of yall but that not the point like the one guy said they have ranged opposite on this game the lack of kite ability on multiple melee class's is flat out dumb also the fact they have a ranged class thats very squishy have descent/med burst with sustained damage however melee burst is stronger and extremely difficult to kite. Well iether way it doesnt take a genius to realise the downfall of pvp in this game period good luck to all sages.

My sage is constantly over DPSing all marauders/sentinel in WZ (most time doubling them unless some very good ones). Yes, sent/mara can put 5k numers with 1 strike and sage/sorc can´t but also they have to move behind all toons to get melee range when we are in strategic spots just nuking everyone in 30m range.

Just an example, in The Pit, sage/sorc in high spots a marauder jums on them, then just push him down and DOT him while he is running all the way back to your spot , when finally he reach to you again another push and he is again down...then he can jump again to you but then it should be too late for him

Sages/sorc have a lot of advantages comparing with marauders/sent, use them!

BTW, here is a video showing how to duel vs a marauder. Enjoy!

eesh thanks guy for the lesson btw those are terribad marads yall have,,,,,,they'd get eatin alive on Juyo but yeah game is sliding downhill anyway imbalance isssues no rwz's game done for me good luck all.

My sage is constantly over DPSing all marauders/sentinel in WZ (most time doubling them unless some very good ones). Yes, sent/mara can put 5k numers with 1 strike and sage/sorc can´t but also they have to move behind all toons to get melee range when we are in strategic spots just nuking everyone in 30m range.

Just an example, in The Pit, sage/sorc in high spots a marauder jums on them, then just push him down and DOT him while he is running all the way back to your spot , when finally he reach to you again another push and he is again down...then he can jump again to you but then it should be too late for him

Sages/sorc have a lot of advantages comparing with marauders/sent, use them!

BTW, here is a video showing how to duel vs a marauder. Enjoy!

Stop the propaganda :( .. The marauder doesnt slow doesnt heal debuff doesnt... Its a rookie

Yes, i agree they are a direct counter, melee dps, and im not concerned about the sentinel beating a sage. The problem is just how easy it is. Like zero competition, no chance. Its just over. And very quickly

Huh? How did you think this one up? Force Multiplier? The fact that you are stating that the sage counts less than a full toon on the field is pretty much the only thing i pulled out of this.

And with regards to why you attack the sages first, you smash the sage first because he is squishy as ****, and even if the healers wanted to keep him up 2+ people focusing the sage down it wont even matter

This is just strange reasoning. Im very confused by force multiplying. force is a resource in this game so if you mean "strength" or "effectiveness" multiplier that would be a better choice of words, but even then its a very loosely put together argument. Each toon should have its own set of strengths and weaknesses that make that character viable. For example, if a toon like the sage is super squishy, it should pack a punch -> enter glass cannon mentality. Or if a character is a tank, it should output weaker dps. But that doesnt seem to be the case. The Sage hits like a wet noodle now, and the shadow tanks can smash your head into the ground. Hence the poor PvP balancing of this game. This isnt a new concept.

Edited by DirtyBirdie