what is to be done about non-english on english servers?

necrotura

Let me tell you what is happening these days on my server: Kinrath Spider.

When the game launch (12.20.11) the general chat was a foreing language feast and a lot of people complaining about it (ok you are in your right).

Most of brazilians players became aware and stop talking in portuguese. OK.

My friends and I made a announcement in english to invite brazilians players to play with us.

Result: Everytime we post people call us mokeys, ask if in Brazil have internet connection (because for them we live in jungles), and a lot of hate messages. While other players keep posting in french, german and other languages without attacks.

This is racism and this is not cool. We (brazilians) just want to play and we don't want another "BRinvasion" like happend in WoW (Warsong to be more expecific)

I hope this is not the general mentality of this comunnity apparently good and mature.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get why this is a problem. But then again, I speak four languages, so I guess I have a broader appreciation for world culture.

Spam - whatever the language - is one thing, but half a dozen guys speaking Swahili on an English server? Does that really affect anyone's gameplay?

What's the difference if the General channel is full of spam in English or Spanish?

There is no given right that someone must speak the same language as you.

This whole thread is just weird..