What annoys me about people....

JnEricsonx

Is that anti-social behavior in a online game DEFEATS THE POINT. Its 8:25 PM, I'm on Taris, there's a good 30-40 people on-no one's talking, even a little. I ask for 15 minutes for anyone to help out on a couple 4 man heroics.....dead silence, nothing. People, its a online game, part of that game is designed around teaming with others, don't tell me you can solo a 2 person heroic easily, least of all a 4 person one. If everyone decides to be closed-mouthed social malcontents, well that hurts the game, and it can possibly drive away people who think, "screw it, no one wants to play, or help out, or even be friendly, I'm bailing."

15 minutes, really? You need more patience, man. Some of the conversations take 15 minutes. Call out for heroics as you do your solo stuff. It'll keep you busy while you wait and you'll be more likely to get a team if you give it more time.

:csw_redsaber::csw_bluesaber:

It happens. Here're some possible reasons.

Some players...

-just don't care about grouping

-try to reach lvl 50 asap and skip the heroics and flashpoints

-are already grouped

-only group with their friends or guildmates

-already completed the daily heroics

-profoundly hate Taris and try to leave that planet asap

-are too wasted or tired to group

-aren't confortable to group

-are trying to solo all the time the heroics

-doesn't feel like grouping now, they are in a "solo mode"

I must have forgotten other possible explanations but oh well.

Edited by Sammm

Some players...

-are already grouped

All my money would go on this one........wait, your server has 30-40 people on Taris?:eek:

Well, its kinda depressing. I like doing heroics. I like being told that I know what I'm doing. Hell, I've run stuff with a Assassin Tank on my Mercenary, and the Assassin loves how I basically help faceroll things for them, so yeah, I like teaming. It comes from 4 years of City of Heroes/Villians where solo was a slog, and teaming was a joy.

TOR is the least Social MMO I have ever played.

I am not a very Social person but It kinda creeps me out how little people talk or group or anything in here.

Normally I play In RP Servers. No one is in the bars here.

CoH they are all in Pocket D.

Anarchy Online they are all in the bar.

WOW they are hanging around Orgrimar or The INN.

Neocron Online, They were all in the bar.

Ragnorok Online, They were all in a Market.

Ultima Online, We had Bank Sitters and Inn Sitters.

Everquest They were all In the Inn.

I could name 15 more. Just people hanging out being social.

TOR? Just me and the Tumble Weeds.

Is that anti-social behavior in a online game DEFEATS THE POINT. Its 8:25 PM, I'm on Taris, there's a good 30-40 people on-no one's talking, even a little. I ask for 15 minutes for anyone to help out on a couple 4 man heroics.....dead silence, nothing. People, its a online game, part of that game is designed around teaming with others, don't tell me you can solo a 2 person heroic easily, least of all a 4 person one. If everyone decides to be closed-mouthed social malcontents, well that hurts the game, and it can possibly drive away people who think, "screw it, no one wants to play, or help out, or even be friendly, I'm bailing."

Maybe it's the wrong game for you then. That is something even Bioware cannot change. They cannot force people to be more social. :p

Did you notice that you, 1 player, just asked 40 players to change their behaviour to be like yours. That just isn't going to work. They are the vast majority.

For me I only group with my friends and guild. As far as talking in general I normally stay quiet as I am a quiet/shy person for the most part.

I will answer a question if someone asks.

As someone else says there are other reasons some people don't talk or don't group when you ask for groups.

All my money would go on this one........wait, your server has 30-40 people on Taris?:eek:

That's nothing. On mine, at peak times, we can reach 80-90 on republic Taris. It's so easy and fast to form hc teams, it's ridiculous.

Edited by Sammm

He has a point though, no one really likes to talk even when theres a good number of people on anyway.

Welcome to basically ANY MMO out there. I mean how often do people spend chatting to each other in WOW outisde of the confines of the major cities?? Answer..they don't! People are not obliged to group up with you and help you do quests and you can't make them if they wanna do their own thing. it's also not Biowares fault if people don't want to do these things at that particular time either.

The sense of entitlement in players these days is breathtaking. Like how DARE you not help me when I demand it!!! I have had evenings where I just wanted to solo and chill out on my own and then evenings when I grouped up for heroics all night. It's called freedom of choice. Heck the other night, I even got my level 50 sorc to help a team struggling to finish D7 just cos I felt like it.

That is the nature of a MMO..it is ever changing and evolving becuase poeple want to do any number of different things at different times. Sometimes you get lucky and have no shortgae of help and others you're on your own. That's life and it's hardly the game's fault.

Strongly agree with the OP.

I like this game a lot, but I don't love it. The difference between "liking" and "loving" this game stems from the weak sense of community; the lack of general chit chat; the lack of chat bubbles; the lack of voice emotes.

Yes, the community element of this game needs to be revisited. I suspect the peeps who are most happy with the strength of the community as it now stands probably subbed with:

1) family

2) friends

3) co-workers

4) online buddies from other MMOs

If the above four categories don't apply to you, then I fear that your gaming experience here will be a lonely one. Fortunately my game time is severely limited, so I'm satisfied playing this game as a single-player with some very occasional, one-off grouping.

Some players...

-are already grouped

QFT

At that time of night, I fall into the too tired category. I am starting to wind down - trying to finish up the last few quests I have so I can log off and go to bed. The last thing I want to do is commit to a 30-45 heroic run (that may take another 30 minutes just to get started).

That being said, I do agree that there is not enough emphasis on grouping while leveling in this game. Pre-LFG in WoW was not good, but at least you had players trying. In TOR, hardly anyone even tries. However, the only thing that BioWare can do...they are already doing - an LFG tool. Even server mergers and/or transfers cannot force players to be more social.

People have the choice to do whatever they feel like doing. This is such a worthless post to be blunt. There are so many more problems with this game and your on the forums upset because people did what they wanted to do and didn't gratify your wants as a player? Here's a suggestion don't do Heroic quests they have crappy rewards, and even crappier experience rewards.

Playing on The Red Eclipse (EU English PvE server), there is usually a decent Pub crowd on Taris. You can find it a struggle to pick up a group for the bonus Heroics sometimes, but for the most part it takes 1 or 2 spam messages in General, and I get 5 or 6 people asking for an invite.

ok, my Commando healer is known for putting out in Heroics, and her combination of Autocannon, huge bazookas and metal bikini is hard for most MMO guys to resist, but I am fairly sure she is not infamous yet...

TOR is the least Social MMO I have ever played.

I am not a very Social person but It kinda creeps me out how little people talk or group or anything in here.

Normally I play In RP Servers. No one is in the bars here.

CoH they are all in Pocket D.

Anarchy Online they are all in the bar.

WOW they are hanging around Orgrimar or The INN.

Neocron Online, They were all in the bar.

Ragnorok Online, They were all in a Market.

Ultima Online, We had Bank Sitters and Inn Sitters.

Everquest They were all In the Inn.

I could name 15 more. Just people hanging out being social.

TOR? Just me and the Tumble Weeds.

you can't really "hang out" somewhere in SWTOR because:

- you cannot sit in bars

- there are not chat bubbles so it's a pain to know who's talking unless you look at the chat window, and in that case you might as well hang out in an IRC channel instead of an expensive 3D client...

Could be the server you're on. I know Sanctum has a good group that usually is very helpful. As for Taris, I try to get out of there as soon as I can I hate Taris so I don't group I just roll in and roll out.

If someone though is desperate for help I'll usually go help. Just how I am.

If you are wanting to group, try offering to bring something to the table instead of insisting that others do things for you.

For example, say in general chat, "I am a level XX healer. If you want to run heroics, I can keep you alive the whole time. Anybody game?"

Or this, "I hear that a [really cool purple item] drops quite often on [heroic quest] lets go get us a few!"

However, saying something to the effect of "40 people here and no one wants to run heroics? Seriously? What a bunch of pansy nerf herders." generally won't make people want to group with you.

Just remember that you are asking someone to do something that they don't have to do.

I will get flamed into oblivion for saying this but every player has the right to to pick and choose who they group with, if they chose to group at all.

What irritates me is the number of people who say they like doing heroics, yet I can never find someone who wants to do heroics!!! ;).

Explanation #1.

People just have difficulty noticing the LFG requests in the General Feed while playing.

People don't know how to use the LFG function and how to search for people who have that selected.

Explanation #2

The theme expressed in the OP theme is true:. People do notice the LFG requests and ignore them, people do know how to use the LFG function and choose not too.

We'll find out which is true after this new "Comprehensive LFG tool" is released. BioWare will have gone above and beyond in trying to get people to group after this. If it isn't happening I will lay it at the communities feet.

I've personally been having some good experiences lately finding groups.

- Arcada

I won't lie here. I hate grouping with random people who I have not gotten to know better. Not because i'm anti-social or ignorant, but it's the fact that 99% of the times i have grouped with people, there is always 1 idiot that pulls a heroic mob when we say 'avoid or walk around the mob' yet they still go "oh sorry!" >_>.

After having 3 level 50's I now realise that heroics are not entirely worth the XP as I can gain thrice the amount by doing the normal solo-able quests or even the stage bonuses.

That said however, if there is a group of 2 or 3 who need 1 more to do the heroic and I am in the general area then I will join up. Usually some groups can go quite smoothly without having someone do something stupid.

Everyone pays for this game. At the end of the day it is their choice how they spend their time. If they want to power through a planet let them. If they want to do heroics, well fine by them. It's really a choice matter. Nothing anyone can do or say will dictate or change peoples minds about doing heroics.

Edited by Lordgeneral

One of the many flaws of SWTOR. Theres no need for guild, people make too many alts on too many servers, it causes alot of individualism. Elder Scroll Online in 2013 is REAL MMO game.

You seem like an intelligent person. Tell me, have you tried Elder scrolls Online which isn't meant to be released until 2013 and which also has little information out about it currently?

You are comparing swtor to an mmo that is not even out yet and could be a huge disaster for all we know. Think before you speak.