Even if you hated healers before 1.2, the game is worse without our subs

noladev

As for the subject of this post, most players want to play DPS. Since the DPS wasn't having fun they left in droves pre 1.2. Of the ones that stayed post 1.2, it seems like it was mostly the pvpers (on my server anyways).

No one comes to a Star Wars game wanting to play a healer, they come to a MMO wanting to play a healer and of those, most of them did it because healers are traditionally OP. If the crowd that left consisted mostly of those that left because they weren't completely OP anymore I really couldn't care less.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since all the healers left the game I'll take up the mantle of healing and try to keep the game afloat, who's with me? Note that this isn't a task to be taken lightly, Healing is one of the hardest aspects in any game and it truly takes a person who's a cut above the rest to accomplish it. Edited by MalakDawnfire

they didn't quit, they just rerolled marauders or PT's and are still LoL'ing at you

Then you even prove my point,they still stink,they have to gravitate to the OP class,joke's on them and the time they waste.

WTH are you talking about, healers are awesome.

The game is in a good place right now, designed around 8man rwz teams.

If anything you should whine about the group matchmaking system, for ppl who do normal WZ.

Classes are designed to work together, healers keep everyone alive, everyone needs to keep healers alive.

You are asking for healers to "do their thing" without needing assistance from anyone. You are asking for healers to be all end all.

Ppl leave the game for different reasons, but game balance must be the most ridiculous one.

WTH are you talking about, healers are awesome.

The game is in a good place right now, designed around 8man rwz teams.

If anything you should whine about the group matchmaking system, for ppl who do normal WZ.

Classes are designed to work together, healers keep everyone alive, everyone needs to keep healers alive.

You are asking for healers to "do their thing" without needing assistance from anyone. You are asking for healers to be all end all.

Ppl leave the game for different reasons, but game balance must be the most ridiculous one.

Everyone must keep healers alive because healers cant keep themselves alive.

While i agree with you that healer perfomance when working on a non disjointed group (AKA RWZs) seems more balanced, you cant deny that DPS skillcap in this game is very low (except sorc, commando and concealment OPs which have skillcaps higher than healers actually).

Why not have healers and DPSers with the same skill cap?

DPS should be able to kill healers? OF COURSE, but they are suposed to work their asses for it (AKA SKILL).

This is not what happens in RWZs actually, the reality is, whenever people get on the healer the healer must get help in less than 6 seconds or he will get dead, even if the dps training him are facerrolers that rolled the "right" classes.

Take WoW for example. Healer are tought in WoW, and dps classes GENERALLY have higher skill caps (hello DKs, lol) and still double dps are VERY COMPETITIVE in 2s, 3s teams only take one healer (with the exception of that season where disc/restokin/dps teams were very popular) and 5s take 2 heals and 3 dps.

TLDR: Weak healers make a low skill cap game, strong healers make a higher skill cap (more fun) game.

PS: Yes, after 1.2 "changes" WoW has a higher skillcap than SWTOR, both on arenas or RBGs, im have been gladiator with a disc priest for 3 seasons and i vouch for it, SWTOR is becoming a low skillcap game unfortunately (unless you play sorc, commando or concealment).

Edited by Laforet

Concerning to numbers HPS is still better than DPS any healer can do more healing than dps can do damage.

No healer, except LUCKY heal specced operatives can counter burst the kind of burst some classes can do in this game.

force charge (1k) - smash (5k) - force scream / dispatch (4k) = 11k in 3 GCDs in a game people have 18ish HP while leaping. No healer can heal that kind of ****.

"I play warriorz yo i pwnt bcz im leet yo melee train high skill capzors game is fine l2p noobs lol!"

Everyone must keep healers alive because healers cant keep themselves alive.

While i agree with you that healer perfomance when working on a non disjointed group (AKA RWZs) seems more balanced, you cant deny that DPS skillcap in this game is very low (except sorc, commando and concealment OPs which have skillcaps higher than healers actually).

Why not have healers and DPSers with the same skill cap?

DPS should be able to kill healers? OF COURSE, but they are suposed to work their asses for it (AKA SKILL).

This is not what happens in RWZs actually, the reality is, whenever people get on the healer the healer must get help in less than 6 seconds or he will get dead, even if the dps training him are facerrolers that rolled the "right" classes.

Take WoW for example. Healer are tought in WoW, and dps classes GENERALLY have higher skill caps (hello DKs, lol) and still double dps are VERY COMPETITIVE in 2s, 3s teams only take one healer (with the exception of that season where disc/restokin/dps teams were very popular) and 5s take 2 heals and 3 dps.

TLDR: Weak healers make a low skill cap game, strong healers make a higher skill cap (more fun) game.

PS: Yes, after 1.2 "changes" WoW has a higher skillcap than SWTOR, both on arenas or RBGs, im have been gladiator with a disc priest for 3 seasons and i vouch for it, SWTOR is becoming a low skillcap game unfortunately (unless you play sorc, commando or concealment).

Sorry it takes alot longer then 6 seconds to kill me and I play the so called "most squishy" healing class there is Sage. If things were like they were 1.2 it would take three good dps players to kill me. a good dps player does what about 300k damage in a warzone. I can manage to pull 300k healing in a quick one sided win or loss with out trying. I am sorry but the only healers that left this game are the FOTM. The true healers are here and playing very good.

No healer, except LUCKY heal specced operatives can counter burst the kind of burst some classes can do in this game.

force charge (1k) - smash (5k) - force scream / dispatch (4k) = 11k in 3 GCDs in a game people have 18ish HP while leaping. No healer can heal that kind of ****.

"I play warriorz yo i pwnt bcz im leet yo melee train high skill capzors game is fine l2p noobs lol!"

Force Potency GTC 2.4sec deliverance 5.5k heal, 2.4 sec Deliverance 5.5k heal= 11k healing in 6.3 seconds

Sorry it takes alot longer then 6 seconds to kill me and I play the so called "most squishy" healing class there is Sage. If things were like they were 1.2 it would take three good dps players to kill me. a good dps player does what about 300k damage in a warzone. I can manage to pull 300k healing in a quick one sided win or loss with out trying. I am sorry but the only healers that left this game are the FOTM. The true healers are here and playing very good.

Any RWZ team worth his salt can nuke any healer in this game within 6 seconds. Oh but you dont play rateds do you? GG.

Force Potency GTC 2.4sec deliverance 5.5k heal, 2.4 sec Deliverance 5.5k heal= 11k healing in 6.3 seconds

3 GCDs = 4.5 secs

GG he beat you by 2 GCDs with uninterruptable stuff.

Edited by Laforet

Any RWZ team worth his salt can nuke any healer in this game within 6 seconds. Oh but you dont play rateds do you? GG.

Any RWZ team worth his salt runs with atleast one tank for the healer tank mitigation 50% plus aoe taunt plus single target taunt = healer alive ALOT longer then 6 seconds.

Any RWZ team worth his salt runs with atleast one tank for the healer tank mitigation 50% plus aoe taunt plus single target taunt = healer alive ALOT longer then 6 seconds.

So healers need a whole setup to survive more than 6 seconds (AKA babysitting) while dps just keep on banging until taunts are over and they can do it again.

So healers need a whole setup to survive more than 6 seconds (AKA babysitting) while dps just keep on banging until taunts are over and they can do it again.

What else are tanks designed to do other then take damage for another player ? So you want healers to be able to take massive amounts of damange and be able to heal other players ? That would make tanks not usefull at all. Personaly I think the way things are now makes it nessicary for a group to have a tank. Alot of games tanks are just the last person to die in pvp, in this one they have a very good purpose.

What else are tanks designed to do other then take damage for another player ? So you want healers to be able to take massive amounts of damange and be able to heal other players ? That would make tanks not usefull at all. Personaly I think the way things are now makes it nessicary for a group to have a tank. Alot of games tanks are just the last person to die in pvp, in this one they have a very good purpose.

I've been trying to tell people this for months. Healers want to be Tanks/Healers. They want to be two classes in 1 simply because in WoW they were.

I've been trying to tell people this for months. Healers want to be Tanks/Healers. They want to be two classes in 1 simply because in WoW they were.

They are in SW:TOR too. The problem is even worse then that ... they want to be tanking STANDING STILL DOING NOTHING but healing. They feel healers are not balanced unless they can just shug off a dps attacking them like a bee sting.

Any sage that simple runs away and using the crazy amount of utility they have is going to be fine, same with any smug healers who run while HOTed and stealth. Any healer unable to survive a one on one fight forever honestly isn't even trying.

Healing is fine.

The good ones are still getting it done, as I see them consistently putting up big numbers in PvP. I'm sorry, but healing was overpowered prior to 1.2. Players want to kill each other in PvP, not have to burn through 50k HP because a target is constantly being healed.

Really? If all players want to do is kill each other, then why are there healers?

Pre 1.2 a healer could survive a dps attacking them. Not so much now. Sure if the dps makes a bunch of mistakes, but one leap and attack and the healer is half dead. An interrupt later the healer is 3/4 dead. One more attack and the healer is dead before the long cast time, of the 3rd heal they tried to cast but didn't make, is complete.

I assume from your name you are a BH. Have you played a dedicated healer? If you have... is it more or less fun now than in 1.2?

They are in SW:TOR too. The problem is even worse then that ... they want to be tanking STANDING STILL DOING NOTHING but healing. They feel healers are not balanced unless they can just shug off a dps attacking them like a bee sting.

Any sage that simple runs away and using the crazy amount of utility they have is going to be fine, same with any smug healers who run while HOTed and stealth. Any healer unable to survive a one on one fight forever honestly isn't even trying.

Sure, be mobile you say. Our instant cast abilities are not enough. I turrent and keep healing because I no there is no point in trying to CC them because they can break it (or are flat out immune) and running doesn't work because they have more than enough roots to make running useless.

So what are we left with? Stand and keep healing a teammate until they kill you. Rinse and repeat.

Make my long timer heals work while I'm moving and we will be on to something. Or you could just give us the same bonus to heals as you get to damage...

Sure, be mobile you say. Our instant cast abilities are not enough. I turrent and keep healing because I no there is no point in trying to CC them because they can break it (or are flat out immune) and running doesn't work because they have more than enough roots to make running useless.

So what are we left with? Stand and keep healing a teammate until they kill you. Rinse and repeat.

Make my long timer heals work while I'm moving and we will be on to something. Or you could just give us the same bonus to heals as you get to damage...

I have a smug and a sage healer dude (and a trooper healer, but the above doesn't apply to them). I very much disagree with you. It's all about playing smart

Try breaking LOS as quickly as possible, that solves pretty much every problem you mentioned up there. You should always be near a LOS blocking object while healing to make this easy. When they run to you, sprint to another object and hide behind that, spamming your dot heal as you go and using a channelled heal when you stop.

As a sage I can generally get a circle off before the guy gets to me, which gives me a good 5-10 seconds where I can just stand there waiting on him to blow cool downs (dot heal + circle + chain self healing is more HPS then almost anyone has DPS)

If all this happens (standing around 10 seconds, running to two places) without your team killing the dude on you, it's a team problem not a class problem.

As for the OMG they just CC me augment, you have as much CC as anyone as a healer, more then most classes, and the same amount of CC breakers, so what's the problem? In fact as a sage you can have an instant cast mez most classes don't and as a smuggler you can always drop out of combat worst case.

Sure, if they blow a bunch of cool downs on me while my cool downs are down they can CC and stop me and I die. That's ... kinda ... what's supposed to happen when people blow all there cool downs trying to kill you at the right time.

Is your expectation that you should never die? That could be the problem right there.

Edited by lexiekaboom

I think you need to look at the healing classes separately.

1. Operatives were actually buffed in 1.2. They can cast most of their good heals on the move and have a lot of ways to escape. This makes ops fairly strong healers with high survivability even against the 'overpowered' DPS classes.

2. Sorcs lost cast speed on their big single target heal making it mostly impractical to use in PVP. DPS has increased since 1.2 so sorc survivability has gone down. They can still put up big numbers on maps where they can drop a circle with a lot of players around, which is 3/4 of the maps. In general survivability and flexibility are down for sorcs.

3. Mercs had their output cut essentially in half in 1.2. Their AoE was increased to 4 targets and can be cast on the move, offsetting the nerf a small amount. Also the fact respawning resets heat offsets the resource nerf a little compared to PVE. DPS for merc healers (DFA, power shot) decreases, further reducing flexibility. Survivability under fire is still pretty good for Mercs exempt when facing Vanguards/PTs whose attacks pretty much negate heavy armor. Mercs don't have much escapability so they really benefit a lot from guard.

In general I'd say that now operatives are still big difference makers but sorc and merc far less so except situationally. I would say healing in PVP is not as fun any more with sorc and merc either due to the reduction in options they have. I wouldn't say healing is totally broken but would like to see sorc and mercs empowered a little to better match the far superior healing/survivability of the PVP operative.

What is this "stun" you refer to? Marauders have a channeled stun but that also stuns the marauder. There are lots of counters to marauders, btw, google it.

So tired of hearing this parroted by countless people in an attempt to insinuate they have an inferior stun to other classes. Your stun that "takes you out of the game" not only does more damage than a WH geared sage project crit as it channels but also builds your resource for you to do even more damage. Think ffs.

Editing done because its a waste of time for me to list out why the healing in the game blows. Just because one class has mobility while casting and does a good job doesnt mean that healing for the rest of the classes works. This game is totally done anyway. They will never fix healing so that the other classes are viable. Edited by Saltydogg

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.