As A Sorcerer, Every One Is OP

Cempa

I realize many people play on low population servers and they may not be seeing what the few high population servers are seeing now, and that is full teams with War Hero gear. May not be full War Hero but every single player has over 18k HP buffed and its all PvP gear.

Life as a Sorcerer against those teams sucks, DPS Sorcerer..Just sucks.

One DPS will wipe a Sorcerers HP in under 20 sec flat -Knock Back CD.

GZ says BW do not nurf due to high numbers of Sorcerers, I call liar on that one.

Grtz BW, you and EA can go and......

Edited by Cempa

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are either completely nuts or just doing it wrong, out of all my toons my Madness speced Sorc puts out the most damage and generally dies the least. My only suggestion is stay on the move and kite also use your bubble 100% of the time. You should also always be back peddling in 1v1s, using all of you stuns slows and knockbacks to win a war of attrition. Edited by Zataos

I realize many people play on low population servers and they may not be seeing what the few high population servers are seeing now, and that is full teams with War Hero gear. May not be full War Hero but every single player has over 18k HP buffed and its all PvP gear.

GZ says BW do not nurf due to high numbers of Sorcerers, I call liar on that one.

You don't play a tank. If you can't kill someone in 20 secs you are doing it wrong? They nerfed sorcs/sages bc before 1.2 they were very overplayed and overpowered. No one pre 1.2 could beat my sage even if I facerolled.. Now I have to play perfect(against skilled geared people) but I can still beat anyone. I just can't do it while watching tv and eating. They will be nerfing melee in 1.3 so expect to see this class destroying everything again soon. Most classes still pose very little challenge to beat. When you learn how to beat them.

Sorcerers/Sages are utility/support classes now. You can kill bads on your own (depending on the class), but your role is to find friends and hide behind them. Once safe, you should be slowing melee or peeling for your healer with your stun. Just don't use any lighting abilities unless you absolutely have to. You don't want to draw any attention to your hiding spot.

If you are the healer, pray for a tank and some intelligent DPS, otherwise you should stand just outside the spawn area and buff your respawning allies. Maybe throw some bubbles out there.

You call killing someone in ~20 seconds, burst?! /rofl

If you are having so much trouble, just stun him and run... he used cc break? instant wirlwind and run.

You are not supposed to FACETANK melee , L2sorc.

If you are having so much trouble, just stun him and run... he used cc break? instant wirlwind and run.

To put Sorcerers into perspective I'll use Darth Sidious:

1. Sends in a Sith Assassin (Darth Maul) so he can hide.

2. Pretends to be a politician while Dooku (Sith Warrior) fights for him.

3. Tricks Anakin (Juggernaut) into putting up a Guard on him when Mace Windu showed up.

4. Gets the Commandos to kill all the Jedi.

5. Runs away from a fight with Yoda (a Sage) because neither one could best the other.

6. Uses Darth Vader (Juggernaut) to kill all those who resist him.

7. Makes Darth Vader fight Luke several times.

8. Waits for Luke to throw down his weapon and then lights him up.

9. Get easily killed by the first guy to actually lay a hand on him when he didn't have someone helping him.

I think to many people got overly spoiled pre 1.2 with them.

U just can't use your class right like 9 from 10 sorcs in WZ. I'm WH/BM scoundrel, I can kill bad sorc in 5 GCD, but It's hard to kill good sorc couse he just kite me to hell and strike with 4500 crit and hard dots. This is the best toon for kite.

3. Tricks Anakin (Juggernaut) into putting up a Guard on him when Mace Windu showed up.

5. Runs away from a fight with Yoda (a Sage) because neither one could best the other.

9. Get easily killed by the first guy to actually lay a hand on him when he didn't have someone helping him.

/thread

LMFAO!! I am happy to present you with an internet today sir! :D

Love the Darth Sidious analogy.

It is actually better playing as a Sage, at least the stupid animations aren't quite as bad as the glowing large arrow of lightning leading back to where the Sorc is standing by a pillar in case anyone didn't notice them there. That and the stupid ever-so-slow knockback animation, oh and the fact our only decent DoT makes it SO easy to spot that it is on you whereas everything else you would be hard pushed to know you had 20 DoTs running on you at a time.

Best Sorc/Sage can hope for is a true balancing which means bringing down other classes to their level again. I doubt we would see any realistic buffs to the class any time soon - unless they change the damage type most of our skills put out or maybe actually make the lightning tree useful.

Is this something you hope happens or has BW actually said something about it?

georg zoeller said that they thought TTK was a bit too short in 1.2 and that burst dps was a bit too hight.

if they nerf burst and raise TTK it will be an indirect nerf to melee trains (esp maras/PTPYROS/stealth OPs) and an indirect buff to sorcies, since sorcs are a pressure class rather than a burst class.

reference:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=4066157#edit4066157

Edited by Laforet

Yea especially in Huttball, Sorc/Sages just completely suck in that game :p

This post was pure win.

LOLOLOLOL.

My server Sorcs adapted to 1.2. its stack alacrity to the fullest.

go DPS spec and only heal urself when needed.

and spam 1 buttom lightning.

2.1 sec cast, no cooldown, just spam spam spam.

Its the Tracer missile spam for my server. all the cool kids are doing it.

Is this something you hope happens or has BW actually said something about it?

Are you re rolling already now? Like BW gives a darn about what I want in this game.

georg zoeller said that they thought TTK was a bit too short in 1.2 and that burst dps was a bit too hight.

if they nerf burst and raise TTK it will be an indirect nerf to melee trains (esp maras/PTPYROS/stealth OPs) and an indirect buff to sorcies, since sorcs are a pressure class rather than a burst class.

reference:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=4066157#edit4066157

+1. Thanks for beating me to it. ;)

Some people draw up theoretical situations in there heads and claim L2P....Stun if he breaks use Whirlwind...

Guys I am talking about ongoing PvP..

Here is a hint for you, if at any time during combat you find ALL of your CC abilities available, its PUG game play.

In organized PvP you are ALWAYS using your CC and so every one is using everything..squeezing every last drop to get that healer down and peel for your healer...

I do not have all my CC's up 24/7 any time...

The people I play with and against have brains, they don't just charge me as soon as they engage because they know they will get slapped with a 5 sec root and stand there useless!

You know what Vent is for right?

As soon as any one sees me use my stun or knock back they say on vent: Get the Sorcerer NOW his CC is on CD... ONE ASSASSIN goes for me and I am dead in seconds!

Edited by Cempa

Sorcerers/Sages are utility/support classes now. You can kill bads on your own (depending on the class), but your role is to find friends and hide behind them. Once safe, you should be slowing melee or peeling for your healer with your stun. Just don't use any lighting abilities unless you absolutely have to. You don't want to draw any attention to your hiding spot.

If you are the healer, pray for a tank and some intelligent DPS, otherwise you should stand just outside the spawn area and buff your respawning allies. Maybe throw some bubbles out there.

Must be a troll post.

" Sorcerers/Sages are utility/support classes now." This was true BEFORE 1.2. and any good sorc/sage reailzed this (i am addressing DPS spec).

"but your role is to find friends and hide behind them" - think about this- who wants to play an AC like this, seriously? no, anyone with a choice, and we DO have it, either rerolls or is on there way to GW2 or TERA, etc.

"You don't want to draw any attention to your hiding spot" You really must play against bad teams.... enough said.

Show us proof, like you said 18k hp sorc full bm/wh gear vs 18k hp dps full bm/wh gear. Until then you are a troll.

Yeah, maybe Sents/Shadows are wiping you out really quickly, but I playing as a JKG spec'd vigilance, which is one of our so-called "dps" specs, I'm really not going to kill anyone very quickly. I can apply long-term pressure and sneak up on ya, but insta-gib...nah, not us.

TTK needs to be addressed, I think. Also, I suspect that the defense/healing Expertise nerf hit sages a little harder than intended and maybe BW will look at that scenario next patch. Just my take.

-Shaka