The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

feedback on stuns in pvp

lisaaa

I been hearing alot of talk during matches about stuns,So here is the poll "Do u think there to many stuns in a match pvp or Do u think it just fine.If u think there is to many stuns "Then say what u feel should be done to fix it",So bio-ware can see this.. Edited by lisaaa

Almost every stun fills 3/4ths your bar. Knockbacks only fill 1/4th. :/

Really it's stupid with stuff like your resolve bar is at 90% and you get hit with a 8s duration mezz.

IMHO, resolve would be better if anything that pushes you to 100% should only last the percentage that it filled up. So if you're at 90% and get pushed to 100% that 8s mezz should only last 10% of its duration.

Also, root spam is getting obnoxious. Too many times I'm an inch from the end zone and I get chain rooted from 100% to 0% when my resolve bar is filled to 100%.

Edited by ComeAndSee

Almost every stun fills 3/4ths your bar. Knockbacks only fill 1/4th. :/

Really it's stupid with stuff like your resolve bar is at 90% and you get hit with a 8s duration mezz.

IMHO, resolve would be better if anything that pushes you to 100% should only last the percentage that it filled up. So if you're at 90% and get pushed to 100% that 8s mezz should only last 10% of its duration.

If you are at 90% (900 Resolve Rating) and you get hit with a Mezz your Resolve Rating will go up by 800 for the Mezz and 400 for the Bonus (50% of the amount that caused you to reach or exceed 1000) for a total Resolve of 2100. That's 21 seconds of CC Immunity, 8 of which you will be mezzed (unless you break it or are damaged during that 8 seconds). I'll take 13-21 seconds of CC immunity over a shorter mezz any day.

If you are at 90% (900 Resolve Rating) and you get hit with a Mezz your Resolve Rating will go up by 800 for the Mezz and 400 for the Bonus (50% of the amount that caused you to reach or exceed 1000) for a total Resolve of 2100. That's 21 seconds of CC Immunity, 8 of which you will be mezzed (unless you break it or are damaged during that 8 seconds). I'll take 13-21 seconds of CC immunity over a shorter mezz any day.

Yes, but the problem is that your bar almost always starts decaying on the first CC. You can get knocked back and not long after you're already back at 0 resolve.

I mean, the amount of Knockback's is just obnoxious at times. They take you out of the fight for long durations and they're on such short cooldowns. Nothing really gets me raging more when a Guardian walks up and punts me across the map by pushing one button because I feel like I'm being cheated out of my skill. I mean, Thunderstorm in WoW for Elemental Shamans was unique, but this game half the classes have them.

Edited by ComeAndSee

I'd like them to mostly leave it as it is, just with two exceptions. (1) Roots should build a small amount of Resolve and (2) the CD of the stunbreaker should be drastically reduced - 60-90s base, 30-45s with talents.

Far too many in pvp, we have every type of stun mezz root from every other mmo in existence.

Changes would be

Reduce the lenght of the longer ones. I dont mind cleverly used stuns and mezz but 6 seconds is far too long in pvp. Thats death for most people.

Remove proccing stuns, that stun off the end static barrier for example, yes its from a specced tree but its just another to add to too many already.

Roots and snares need to add to resolve and be affected by resolve.

Reduce the breaker time. 1m 30 and allow speccing for shorter.

This game trades off offensive dispels, "punishing" interrupts, resource drains, silences/disarms, spammable CC's for static mana pools, multiple aoe knockbacks, every class having at least 2 CC's, and long duration slows + snares.

Yes, but the problem is that your bar almost always starts decaying on the first CC. You can get knocked back and not long after you're already back at 0 resolve.

I mean, the amount of Knockback's is just obnoxious at times. They take you out of the fight for long durations and they're on such short cooldowns. Nothing really gets me raging more when a Guardian walks up and punts me across the map by pushing one button because I feel like I'm being cheated out of my skill. I mean, Thunderstorm in WoW for Elemental Shamans was unique, but this game half the classes have them.

Knockback = 400 resolve points

Resolve before turning white decays at 25/sec rate.

400 points = 16 seconds needed to drop to zero.

Is 16 sec "not so long after"? Well, it does not sound like a long time, but in pvp it is an eternity. People whine all the time about 8sec "stunlocks" here, and 16 sec is twice as long;)

PS. When you are close to class knockback-capable part of your "skills" is to position yourself in a way that denies them opportunity to knock you back down the ledge/into a hazard. Sure, most of them can do stun+reposition+knockback combo, but stuns/mezzes have longish CD and such treatment gives you white resolve bar. When I started play my assasin in pvp sorcs/sages used to knock me down the ramp in huttball 9/10 times. Now it is 3/10 tops, maybe less;)

It works ok imo.

Certain matches you just notice it more than others.

Like if you are playing against 4+ dps sorcs that always use their stun. :p

Ive had matches where I would be chain stunned constantly, and others where I dont get stunned at all.

Just depends on the people you are going against really. If they are good at cc then you probably hate stuns. :p

Far too many in pvp, we have every type of stun mezz root from every other mmo in existence.

Changes would be

Reduce the lenght of the longer ones. I dont mind cleverly used stuns and mezz but 6 seconds is far too long in pvp. Thats death for most people.

Remove proccing stuns, that stun off the end static barrier for example, yes its from a specced tree but its just another to add to too many already.

Roots and snares need to add to resolve and be affected by resolve.

Reduce the breaker time. 1m 30 and allow speccing for shorter.

8 second mezzes are needed at minimum since it takes 8 secs to cap a turret or plant a bomb in Civil War and Voidstar respectively. I do not know of any stuns longer than 4 seconds.

I like the amount that exists and every class has things that are important to playing their class to the fullest. Resolve + cc breaks makes it manageable, though I do feel frustrated when I respawn with a full bar! Still nothing to complain about imo.

I do find it funny when people complain about being rooted just before scoring, like that is a game breaking issue and not just a good use of abilities by their opponents. People act like all huttball matches are 0 vs 0 due to this issue.

Edited by Gorghte
adding content

Did a huttball match last night, was stunned constantly over and over, the fact that when you're stunned by a flashbang or carbinte, the resolve bar cools down which allows for another stun right after it wears off, so you're screwed if you already used the CC breaker.

So don't give that resolve is fine, DR in many other games works well.

PS. When you are close to class knockback-capable part of your "skills" is to position yourself in a way that denies them opportunity to knock you back down the ledge/into a hazard. Sure, most of them can do stun+reposition+knockback combo, but stuns/mezzes have longish CD and such treatment gives you white resolve bar. When I started play my assasin in pvp sorcs/sages used to knock me down the ramp in huttball 9/10 times. Now it is 3/10 tops, maybe less;)

Agree completely here. When I started out, I was always getting knocked around into acid/fire, the pit, etc. Now I am better at seeing it coming and positioning myself to hit a pole or land in a safer spot. Still happens occasionally but concur with the 3/10 instead of 9/10 before.