Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

If you made a character on another server question

If you made a character on another server would you be able to transfer your old toons from your old server over to the new server without conflicting with your new toon? This is of course all in speculation of the server transfers. Ive had enough with my server being empty and i want my guild to make the switch now.

Well they said in the recent Q and A that a character that you transfer will get to keep their legacy unlocks. They weren't sure what would happen with the legacy points , weather they would merge them , or use the moved to/ from legacy of either server. Mind you at this point we don't even know if you will be able to move a single character to a server you are already on. Good question .

Cheers,

Badorb.

No one knows for sure, hence why most of us don't know what the Hell to do right now since Bioware is keeping us in the dark almost entirely.

We wouldn't have had this problem if even one developer had seen the blatantly obvious problem involved in tying Legacy to a specific surname and server. All the concerns were raised in beta, yet almost completely ignored.

No one knows for sure, hence why most of us don't know what the Hell to do right now since Bioware is keeping us in the dark almost entirely.

We wouldn't have had this problem if even one developer had seen the blatantly obvious problem involved in tying Legacy to a specific surname and server. All the concerns were raised in beta, yet almost completely ignored.

It's why I haven't purchased a SINGLE legacy unlock yet.

To date, I don't know:

If you will be able to transfer characters from a UK server to a US server.

If you can transfer SOME characters on a server to another server.

If you can find out in advance whether your current legacy surname is taken on the server you have the option to move to.

So for me, the 1.2 Legacy update became the 'wait and see what Bioware will do next' update.

Ironically, Bioware is calling the 1.3 patch the 'wait and see what's coming in 1.4' patch. :p

am i the only one who could really care less about Legacy? Hell take it all i just want to be able to play the game i paid for...

If you don't care about Legacy then find a server with a healthy population and reroll on it. I would suggest something other than the Fatman since that's over-populated by now... you can probably get some good recommendations here on the forums based on what you are interested in (PvP, raiding, etc...)

If you made a character on another server would you be able to transfer your old toons from your old server over to the new server without conflicting with your new toon? This is of course all in speculation of the server transfers. Ive had enough with my server being empty and i want my guild to make the switch now.

You should be able to transfer your other toons from your old server to your new destination server either A) when free transfers are available, assuming you choose one of the target servers, or B) if you wait for paid transfers which should allow you to go in any direction you wish.

The only conflict, as some have mentioned, is either a naming issue or as they said, if your legacy levels are different. The announcement I saw is that the maximum of the two legacies would carry over, but they may have changed this in development of the actual process.

My legacy level on my new server is now in advance of the old one, so it doesn't really matter to me anymore. As long as I can bring those characters over and avoid the 38 levels of Sentinel leveling and avoid having to go through Hutta and Dromund Kaas again with my Agent and BH, I'll be a hoppy frood.

This is probably a moot point as chances are slim that any server you pick to roll your new character on will also be the one you get to freely transfer your old characters too. Especially if you pick a heavy server like Fatman. IF you wait for the paid transfer, then this may apply.

Edited by JerokTalram

If the entire Legacy (And I mean EVERYTHING) doesn't move, I won't be moving then because I'll be damned if I lose anything from my Legacy. I have 4 Legacy abilities, level 29, and 8 characters that are all related family-wise. I'm not losing a single thing. I will just wait to see if people come to my server. Or I'll just be Forever Alone.

Others might not care about their Legacies, but this is an IMPORTANT thing to ME.

i believe they said in recent Q&A that they are trying to make it so nothing is lost. this promises nothing, of course, but that is the desired result.

also, forever ago in some interview, or maybe even the guild summit (my memory is foggy as to when this was said it was around that time period) the question about transfers came up. at the time (roughly 3 months ago, give or take), their plan was to have the higher legacy leveled legacy take priority over the lower if two legacies were to be merged. this may have changed. but nothing since that time has been said about it so that is the most we have to go on.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.