I like 1.2 PvP overall

ehtom

Pretty much all classes have a role. Well played healers are difficult but not impossible to kill with focus fire (almost impossible to solo though, in any reasonable length of time) - i think healers are still a very important part of warzones. Tanks often go un-noticed, but their peeling/cc coupled with their survivability is extremely strong.

Most dps classes have a niche - pt pyro's have extremely high damage/burst, but no utility; sorcs have extreme utility (kiting), great aoe and huge range but are otherwise squishy; snipers are very good at locking down melees and doing high damage from range but pretty helpless if people are in melee range of them; marauders have high sustained damage but poor burst and are susceptable to kiting; guardians have good aoe and are quite difficult to peel due to cc immunity; . Only real problems I have are with stealth classes (OPs/Tanksin) because stealth gives them such a massive advantage when trying to capture objectives and they are probably the best 1v1 classes to top it all off. Commando dps seems a little bit low to me though, given that they are poor kiters.

Who else thinks the PvP in 1.2 is actually pretty decent?

its funny with as gimp operative/scoundrels are.people still complain about them

1. They are probably the best healers right now.

2. Being able to stun someone for 6 seconds while taking 2/3 of their life with them unable to react is not "gimp". Just because you cannot one shot people doesnt mean the class is terrible.

1. They are probably the best healers right now.

2. Being able to stun someone for 6 seconds while taking 2/3 of their life with them unable to react is not "gimp". Just because you cannot one shot people doesnt mean the class is terrible.

1.big whoop,they also have like what.2 dps tree's also

2.welcome to a rogue type class in a mmo,its quite obvious alot of people in this game have never pvp'd in there life

and i dont consider the pvp decent in 1.2,i consider it a laughable joke like its been since day 1

Edited by CrunkShizzle

They aren't the best healers. But then, what would it matter anyway unless you started out gathering medic gear? It's not like you can respec now, you're locked into your gear.

I guess you could start over from scratch, but then, why not just reroll as a sorcerer/consular? it would take about the same amount of time to get to 50 as getting the BM medic set to trade in for WH medic.

2.welcome to a rogue type class in a mmo,its quite obvious alot of people in this game have never pvp'd in there life

The rogue archetype has been a horrible balance issue forever. The reason is that the rogue archetype doesn't mesh well with with MMO-style combat. Some like playing it, exceptionally few like playing against it. The rogue class is fundamentally flawed.

Hard to say about rogues.

Fighter, Healer, Mage, Rogue are the stable 4 food groups of an adventuring party. Every game usually involves those classes, or derivatives/hybrids of them.

The thing is that standard Rock > Paper > Scissors gameplay isn't dynamic enough. So all manner of variables are introduced to turn convention on its head, so to speak.

To the OP-

I agree, I think PVP in 1.2 is better than it was before.

I think Mercs could use a little love ( Interrupt anyone?) though i still see DPS mercs on top of the Damage boards (just got out of a huttball where a merc did like 425, 100k above the second guy)