Will you pay for a server transfer?

Skyzen

Not for a dead server issue, no. If it was to play with RL friends, then it depends..I wouldn't be against paying if it wasnt due to game issues such as low pop server.

If EA expected me to pay then I will just stop playing the game.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My question is: Will you pay for a server transfer?

(This thread is not about "When will there be a server merge/transfer?")

I'd like to know how people feel about actually paying money for transfers in this game.

I've given this some thought and I remember paying for a server transfer in WoW years ago. This was for one character that I wanted to play with RL friends. I did this after investing years in my character and it was not for population issues.

I can't see myself paying money for a server transfer within months of playing the game. For some reason, in this game it just seems wrong to have to pay for it. There are so many bugs, performance issues, feature deficiencies, etc.

Quite frankly, I'd rather not pay for a transfer and just move on to something else. My personal opinion, obviously, but I thought I would share it. We are not certain how they are going to implement the transfers, but my feeling is that it won't be what people are hoping for.

The problem I see is two-fold:

They need to combine low pop servers but aren't doing it.

The game performance and stability seems to suffer on highly populated servers.

So whether I consider that or not, paying for a per character transfer is out of the question.

Seeing that Bioware choose the server for my guild to be on during guild pre-registration, NO I will NOT pay. Why should I pay for their own screw-ups? They started to many servers and caused the player population to be spread to thin. So paying to transfer is out of the question. I would rather have been on a high pop server and deal with login queue times then what we have now.

Every single one of my guild members that came over from WoW have already quit or have canceled our renewing this month all due to low population on our server.

Of course, what you really mean is, "Since we asked BioWare to choose which server our guild would be on during guild pre-registration..."

No one said guilds had to pre-register and get placed wherever they wanted you to be placed. Your guild chose this on their own free volition.

In the future, if i wanted to move servers to join another guild or soemthing? yeah i would probably pay. But i would prefer it to be like rift and just let peopel move for free. I didnt think i would like it and that people would just be showing up on servers scrwing people and leaving, but i didnt really see any of that since in mmos 99% of the people players interact with are guild members anyways.

If swtor charges me to fix their screw up, i will never play this game again.

I would definitely NOT pay for a server transfer even though I'm on a server that is relatively light.

Population issues are NOT the fault of the player (aka The Customer) but are due to management decisions that need to be cleaned up on THEIR dollar, and NOT ours.

Exactly!

Free transfers? Ok, ill do it right away.

10-20$ for a transfer? No, way.

This is not a game like "insert a MMO i played for years".

I will reroll or just quit, but I will not pay money for errors bioware made.

Considering I rerolled on the highest pop PVP server (and am very much enjoying it), leaving 3 characters I very much enjoyed behind, and I don't think transfers to Fatman will be free (if allowed at all)...

Yes. I will pay to unite my characters on one high pop server (doesn't have to be Fatman - I'd try Swiftsure as well, anything below that, no thanks).

People on low pop servers should get free transfers (but perhaps just to a selected few servers, to prevent that everyone is just going for the Fatman). People on servers that are more or less healthy should pay if they want to leave, to keep the server populated, otherwise server communities could get totally ruined. Edited by Drudenfusz

They aren't trying to pry money away from you. They are going to try and fill up low servers rather than pile people on heavily populated server such as Tomb of Freedon Nadd and Fatman, if its cost nothing everyone would go to the heaviest servers, because the logic of people who asked for 6 more servers every day this game launched are going to do the same thing and just fill up the heavy servers that will even cause more trouble this time some servers being completely empty and some servers with queues again.

I have 7 Level 50s. Charge me for a transfer for each level 50 and I'll simply quit. Charge me 1 fee for all to be transferred and I might consider it. Not charge me, and I'll continue to pay my monthly subscription.

People on low pop servers should get free transfers (but perhaps just to a selected few servers, to prevent that everyone is just going for the Fatman). People on servers that are more or less healthy should pay if they want to leave, to keep the server populated, otherwise server communities could get totally ruined.

This. If everyone transferred to Fatman, for instance, it would be a nightmare. The idea is to spread things out more evenly, not to pile onto already heavy servers, so an added cost to go to a heavy server is just a sensible deterrent.

You don't have to pay... they will be offering free transfers.

But you can bet money that the top 10-20 servers in a server farm (NA or EU) will not be transfer targets. If you want on one of those, you will either re-roll, or pay a transfer fee (just like WoW did).

Id never pay to transfer off under the current circumstances. Not our fault they rushed out and put roughly 150 servers out to spread the load. Common sense tells you turn-over is a guaranteed thing after the free time included with the game. Now that people have left for whatever reasons, the servers are dead and you expect people to pay to get onto a populated server? Nope, they should merge the servers down to about 40 servers as a start. From there see how the population is. If the population is good and stable, than offer it as a paid service if you wish to xfer to another server. Not saying id pay for it myself. Games i have played and enjoyed recently have FREE instant transfer lol.

My CPU's going through a RMA at the time being.

I dont' actually miss Mask of Nihilus.

I'm actually using another PC to log on right now to go unsub the account.

I'm disappointed with the server's pop, which directly relates to my playing experience.

How hard is it for them to understand that their servers are dying because of it? 10 low pop servers dies faster than 5 medium pop servers if they merge it up. They're killing their own game.

I'm giving them time till my next sub to fix this. Else, goodbye. Been fun, but ain't good enough.

No, I shouldnt have to.

This^ The get my monthly fee and got a portion of my box sale why should I have to pay for more for something that is neccesary because they screwed up? I will just take the cheaper route and leave.

No, I will not pay for a server transfer. I won't even take a free server transfer. If server transfers are the only option being offered to offset low server populations, I will simply quit playing the game.

Server transfers should be a bonus or perk. If they are being used to try and relieve server population issues, a good analogy is taking an asprin to relieve a headache caused by a hole in your head. Yes, taking an asprin can stop a headache, but without addressing the cause of the problem, you don't really fix anything. Server transfers are not the answer to SWTOR's population problems.