Cybertech: What's the point? and plans for the future

GeckoOBac

Besides biochem, what do the other crafting skills bring that is unique? Two augment slots? Big whoop, that's a 36 increase to your primary stat. The grenades are far better than a measly +36 stat. +36 prim stat will never make or break a WZ, whereas my grenades have decided a win/loss many times. I've used the aoe root grenade on ball carriers over fire pits who have full resolve to kill them many times. I have used the 4 sec aoe knock down grenade to CC groups of people coming out of the gates in VS so we can plant, or cc people trying to kill my ball carrier so they can score.

In pve, the nades may not be as useful, but the dot nade adds about 11 dps if you use it everytime. I'm not sure how much +36 stat adds to your dps, but it probably isn't that huge.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean here. You're saying that a Cybertech grenade every 3 minutes is worth more in PVE than two augmented Rakata crafted pieces of armor? I've never heard that said before.

And, I'm not sure how much you make selling low level ship upgrades, but I just sold an augmented BM piece today for 300k that was crafted by my level 31 crafting alt. I sell at least one augmented piece of normal gear a day for 100k. Unless you get lucky farming instances, Cybertech isn't in the same universe for profitability as Synth/Armormech.

That's kind of the core issue for me. Cybertech requires you to be a raider who farms content over and over (or be lucky) for it to be on par with some of the other crew skills.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And you obviously haven't read the rest of the thread it seems.

Do the other crew skills need to raid to craft something useful for them and/or others? The answer is nope.

Then you must not play the same game i do. For the other crafters to craft items that ilvl 56 they have to raid exotech schematics drop from Raids as well. I dont see what double standard you are looking for. all professions get entry level gear to craft then they all can be expanded on if you raid then you get nice patterns to make. Then all crewskills gain even bigger bonus from Being able to do Denova and making BOE TOP TEIR GEAR to sell on the gtn. I see crewskills as huge monye makers and way to gear up alts to get them ready for Top teir raids.

For example I made dps sorc leveled to 50 when i hit 50 i got a full set of orange gear got the guild to craft me enhancments and i made my power mods Now im 61 mods/enhancments in every orange slot with 58 Armorings and a campaign relic never stepping foot in to a raid. I am able to skip all the pre content up till denova and compete thanks to crafters like cybertechs and artifice.

Then you must not play the same game i do. For the other crafters to craft items that ilvl 56 they have to raid exotech schematics drop from Raids as well. I dont see what double standard you are looking for. all professions get entry level gear to craft then they all can be expanded on if you raid then you get nice patterns to make. Then all crewskills gain even bigger bonus from Being able to do Denova and making BOE TOP TEIR GEAR to sell on the gtn. I see crewskills as huge monye makers and way to gear up alts to get them ready for Top teir raids.

For example I made dps sorc leveled to 50 when i hit 50 i got a full set of orange gear got the guild to craft me enhancments and i made my power mods Now im 61 mods/enhancments in every orange slot with 58 Armorings and a campaign relic never stepping foot in to a raid. I am able to skip all the pre content up till denova and compete thanks to crafters like cybertechs and artifice.

I'm sorry but nope. The raiding recipes are, mostly, crap, for everybody. You can get equal or better by raiding, this means that AT MOST, that kind of crafting is reserved for guildies or as a guild effort.

Orange gear schematics OTOH are either dropped from UT missions (IIRC), bought from the pvp vendors, or reverse engineered from various sources. Augment schematics drop from slicing missions. Biochem consumables are from the skill trainer himself, like all the BoP Rakata items the other crew skills can me.

Those are all items of some economic value and utility, both for self and for others, that require almost no effort to obtain.

Our equivalent items are a lvl 50 speeder, purple tier ship items, reusable grenades. Of these 3, only the grenades have some real use, and even then their utility is debatable over the other perks. And let's not talk about Biochem, because if you're planning to do any serious pvping, there are almost NO reasons not to pick that as your crew skill

Perhaps we are playing a different game. My guildmates are raiding in augment-slotted orange gear and with augments crafted by my level 31 Armormech. So, yes, my Armormech CAN craft end game gear, but my Cybertech cannot. Because I do not raid with my Cybertech, it becomes irrelevant once any character begins level 49 daily quests. That is a very real difference, like it or not.

Guildmates and people I've never spoken with send my Synth/Armormech alts whispers and mail asking for PVP and normal slotted armor pieces. Guildmates come to me for augments. My Cybertech character? Occasionally a low level will ask if I can make tanking mods.

I think probably the silliest thing they did was the way they let you learn campaign level mods and armorings. Firstly you HAVE to actually get a campaign piece and extract the mods for a 20% chance to learn it. Its not even guaranteed to learn, it destroys the mod and you sure as heck aren't going to do that on your first campaign piece, which means it'll only come on your 2nd or later pieces, and not being guaranteed means it could take forever just to learn a mod for something you already have the equivalent of since you would have the mod via your first campaign piece.

Well, Orange crafting is one thing, like I stated. Different skills have different advantages, the closest to us is armstech, and I still rate it above cybertech for the ability to make orange slotted weapons and augments.

Making money from the ship pieces may be possible, though on my server those pieces don't sell. Not much for utility though, and since you have to sell to low level characters, the income can't be that great.

The grenades are *cool* and sometimes useful. Still, comparing the utility we get them from the utility we could get from other skills, I don't rate them much. The only other skill with consumables gets to use theirs 2 times as often and with more variety and utility as well.

And nope, 2k damage in 1 gcd do NOT add 11 dps over the duration of the dot. Because in that GCD I could have used one of my skills that most of the time deal more damage than that.

My CT has like almost 30 million credits so yes it is a great money maker. I sell grade 2 parts for 10k each, grade 4 for 20k each, grade 6 for 40k, purple ear pieces for 30k, and the droid parts for 50k.

The thing about the other crafting skills (outside of biochem) is that they can easily be leveled up on an alt. The reusable grenades are worth having on your main. Would I rather have +36 main stat or extremely useful reusable grenades. I'll take the nades thx.

Biochem adrenals are 3 min cd too mang, so I dunno where you getting this twice as much garbage. I also never said CT was better than biochem because it's not.

The dot nade for my CT does like 2600. It gets benefits from things like crit, and that multiply dot/elem damage, and since it's elem it's unmitigated. I dunno what class you play, but I doubt you have an instant cast spammable baseline 2600 damage ability. CT definitely is not that great for pve, but it's not crap either.

Edited by Smashbrother

I'm not exactly sure what you mean here. You're saying that a Cybertech grenade every 3 minutes is worth more in PVE than two augmented Rakata crafted pieces of armor? I've never heard that said before.

And, I'm not sure how much you make selling low level ship upgrades, but I just sold an augmented BM piece today for 300k that was crafted by my level 31 crafting alt. I sell at least one augmented piece of normal gear a day for 100k. Unless you get lucky farming instances, Cybertech isn't in the same universe for profitability as Synth/Armormech.

That's kind of the core issue for me. Cybertech requires you to be a raider who farms content over and over (or be lucky) for it to be on par with some of the other crew skills.

Like I said, I don't know how much +36 main stat will add to your dps. It's probably more than the nade, but I doubt it's going to be a huge dps boost. It's certainly not worth losing the nade utility for pvp.

I too have alts with max armormech and synth to sell augmented gear. They sell for a lot, but it's like a 1/5 chance to get an augment. So you waste a lot of time and mats getting an augment. Plus, the mats to make BM/WH gear are stupidly expensive too, which is the reason why the augmented pieces sell for so much. Regardless, you're not proving that CT should not be on your main.

The thing about the other crafting skills (outside of biochem) is that they can easily be leveled up on an alt. The reusable grenades are worth having on your main. Would I rather have +36 main stat or extremely useful reusable grenades. I'll take the nades thx.

Biochem adrenals are 3 min cd too mang, so I dunno where you getting this twice as much garbage. I also never said CT was better than biochem because it's not.

The dot nade for my CT does like 2600. It gets benefits from things like crit, and that multiply dot/elem damage, and since it's elem it's unmitigated. I dunno what class you play, but I doubt you have an instant cast spammable baseline 2600 damage ability. CT definitely is not that great for pve, but it's not crap either.

adrenal adds more than 2600 damage on your skills and doesnt waste a gcd tyvm.

i'd take reusable stims PLUS adrenals PLUS health packs anytime anyday.

Where did you get the schematic? .. i've run through countless HM ops and have never ever seen on Mod schematic drop in KP or EV HM .......And I've only ever gotten 2 Earpiece schematics.... And I'm the only Cybertech in our guild. Your logic is flawed. I have difficulty believing your story.

Where did you get the schematic? .. i've run through countless HM ops and have never ever seen on Mod schematic drop in KP or EV HM .......And I've only ever gotten 2 Earpiece schematics.... And I'm the only Cybertech in our guild. Your logic is flawed. I have difficulty believing your story.

only EV HM first boss (droid) drops the earpiece schems. the Columi equivalent mods are dropped randomly and fairly rarely from mobs you kill along the way in KP HM from screenshots around the forums.

only EV HM first boss (droid) drops the earpiece schems. the Columi equivalent mods are dropped randomly and fairly rarely from mobs you kill along the way in KP HM from screenshots around the forums.

I've seen Screenshots of the MODS themselves but never a Schematic for a mod.... EVER.

This is the issue I partake in the thing. Yes I've seen the mods drop off mobs. But never the schematic.

I gave up on the profession after 1.2 and changed to Bio. Every other crew skill was improved, Cyber was still useless. 3 min shared CD is just stupid and you can't sell grenades since mats prices are insane considering no one's going to give 15k for something to use in a WZ you can get 3-6k. Devs simply don't give a **** about Cyber and so I changed to Bio. Suggest you do the same

I've been cybertech on my main since I signed up not long after the game started. I earnt a relatively lot of credits by being the first ship upgrade vendor for the artifacts.

I do have a couple of columi ear drops from Ops, they take a while but I'm getting around 100k for them not critted, haven't actually critted one yet to test that price.

As it stands, I see Cyber as a supporting craft only, I now have artifice and armormech alts so between that team, I can crit craft an orange piece and fit it with upgrades. I've only tested out a sale at a level 21 piece but the item sold quickly and perhaps theres a rich market there for alts being levelled quickly.

Cyber is quite useful for guilds - again using that team I'm doing an augmented and purple upgraded suit for a guildee alt, and I've been handing out the pyro grenades to our raiding parties to support our boss fights. 3 or 4 melees using them helps a little.

I think the craft was hamstrung by a couple of unintended misses: speeders being BoP (and so heavy on mats) and no Rakata BoP earpiece, every other class can fill two slots with that level, we've only got a grenade.

I think the craft was hamstrung by a couple of unintended misses: speeders being BoP (and so heavy on mats) and no Rakata BoP earpiece, every other class can fill two slots with that level, we've only got a grenade.

I never understood why i didnt get the rakata earing. Oversite?

ITs ev and KP storymode that drops schematics to craft 24b mods its ilvl 56 mods. I'm sorry if you feel that cybertech is a waste I think biochem is a waste all the exotech boe stuff is better then the bop reusable rakata stuff for biochem. I dropped biochem after i made my 2 black hole implants with augment slots for cybertech ive made so much more money in cybertech selling my ilvl 56 61 and black hole earpieces then i ever did with Biochem. I just have a biochem alt make my exotech blue Stims and adrenals for raiding.

Im very curious as well would like to find out whats in store for Cybertech as Ivce also wanted to drop it for Biochem. only problem is Id hate to drop CT and find they juice it up to being a usable craft. Ive to date RE every single mod to blue and half those blues to purples .. so yeah id be throwing away a tone of effort .. but to be honest, only my alts have benefited.

adrenal adds more than 2600 damage on your skills and doesnt waste a gcd tyvm.

i'd take reusable stims PLUS adrenals PLUS health packs anytime anyday.

Learn2read. Notice how the whole time I've been comparing CT to the other crafting skills BESIDES BIOCHEM.

Oh and if you were a serious min/maxer about raiding you'd be using the exotech stuff which are better than the rakata reusables. You don't need to be biochem for those since anyone can use them.

In pvp, the WZ medpac and adrenal are superior to biochem's rakata reusables. However, there's nothing that will replace the reusable nades for now. BW also stated they aren't making anymore reusables for biochem in the future, so gg biochem.

Edited by Smashbrother

My CT has like almost 30 million credits so yes it is a great money maker. I sell grade 2 parts for 10k each, grade 4 for 20k each, grade 6 for 40k, purple ear pieces for 30k, and the droid parts for 50k.

First: http://www.torhead.com/item/1wf28nO/rakata-medpac

Let me see... 2600 dmg every 3 mins or 3.7 to 4.5k health (plus 15% bonus) every 1.5 mins. You do the math.

Add to that the reusable stim and reusable adrenal (which is indeed on a 3 min timer, but still adds more damage than the grenade can).

2600 damage in one gcd is hardly difficult for a dps class, especially since the grenade does NOT deal 2600 dmg in one gcd, but over 12 secs. In pvp burst is better over pure dps, and the bonuses you're talking about are only valid for SOME specs of SOME classes.

I also told you... Ship pieces don't sell everywhere. On my server there is a general disinterest in space combat, for some reason. Selling those pieces is worthless. Purple earpieces MAY be worth it but given the ease of obtaining battlemaster/wh earpieces or rakata earpieces from pvp/daily missions, I doubt people will chose a lvl 50 augmented earpiece over a lvl 58 un-augmented. Then again, money making is the least of the issues, worst case I can just sell the materials for faster gains.

Oh and if you were a serious min/maxer about raiding you'd be using the exotech stuff which are better than the rakata reusables. You don't need to be biochem for those since anyone can use them.

Yeah good luck with that. Even just the stims are going to be pushing your wallet if you raid with any frequency. The exotech stims go for over 20k each on my server. Exotech adrenals aren't even for sale. You have to rely on a guild crafter (or yourself) to get those.

Yeah good luck with that. Even just the stims are going to be pushing your wallet if you raid with any frequency. The exotech stims go for over 20k each on my server. Exotech adrenals aren't even for sale. You have to rely on a guild crafter (or yourself) to get those.

and 20k takes a whole 2min to get really i buy stacks of 10 each time for about 250k thats just a dip in the wallet nothing major. sitting on about 20mil so couple 100k aweek isnt gonna matter.

you sell earpieces for 30k? im guessing low lvl.....i had the market at a steady 250 for columi, until some re-rolls came around and started selling for 100k.

First: http://www.torhead.com/item/1wf28nO/rakata-medpac

Let me see... 2600 dmg every 3 mins or 3.7 to 4.5k health (plus 15% bonus) every 1.5 mins. You do the math.

Add to that the reusable stim and reusable adrenal (which is indeed on a 3 min timer, but still adds more damage than the grenade can).

2600 damage in one gcd is hardly difficult for a dps class, especially since the grenade does NOT deal 2600 dmg in one gcd, but over 12 secs. In pvp burst is better over pure dps, and the bonuses you're talking about are only valid for SOME specs of SOME classes.

I also told you... Ship pieces don't sell everywhere. On my server there is a general disinterest in space combat, for some reason. Selling those pieces is worthless. Purple earpieces MAY be worth it but given the ease of obtaining battlemaster/wh earpieces or rakata earpieces from pvp/daily missions, I doubt people will chose a lvl 50 augmented earpiece over a lvl 58 un-augmented. Then again, money making is the least of the issues, worst case I can just sell the materials for faster gains.

There really needs to be a *********** minimum reading comprehension level requirement to post on these forums. If you had any, you'd have noticed the sentence where I say biochem IS BETTER than CT.

It's clearly better for pve, but as for pvp, biochem is not better than CT anymore. The WZ medpac and adrenal are far superior to the biochem reusables now.

Edited by Smashbrother

I guess you didn't read that part where my CT char has 30 million? 20k for an exotech stim is nothing. You can do dailies which give you close to 300k PER DAY. If you have trouble paying for exotech stims, a dose of learn2notbelazy is in order.

Edited by Smashbrother