Battlemaster Weapon vs Columi Weapon

Balinus

So i was checking the battlemaster weapons, and found out that they way better than the tionese ones, if u r willing to pay 1500 WZ C for it. Then long story short, a friend told me that yes they r better, but not better than the Columi weapons. Then yesterday i wasl talking with a friend Commando that said that even if a columi weapon drops from SoA, he will still use the bttlmeaster one, because he would ''only'' loose 10+ aim, but would have more crit surge or power [ i dont rly remember ]. So far as i know, 10 aim is a lot, but he told me that he was right and i wrong. So can anyone explain ? Should i use battlemaster weapon til i get the rakata, or should change to the columi ones because they r better?

Battlemaster gear is Tier 3 PvP gear..... Columi is Tier 2 PvE Gear...... Without looking at the stats of both I would say yes the Battlemaster gear might be a bit better then Columi but if your compare Battlemaster Gear to Rakata gear (Tier 3 PvE gear) then the Rakata gear is going to be better then the Battlemaster gear for PvE'ing......

Keep in mind that in 1.2 they decreased the stats on PvP gear and increased it's expertise rating (Expertise gives you a bonus to Offensive, Defensive and Healing skills in PvP)..... I noticed when I switch from my PvE gear to PvP gear I lose about 2k health..... Now in PvP thats not a big deal because the expertise stat makes up for it, but trying to PvE in my PvP gear will hurt me stat wise... <---- of course thats based on same lvl PvE / PvP gear....

Edited by Monoth

So i was checking the battlemaster weapons, and found out that they way better than the tionese ones, if u r willing to pay 1500 WZ C for it. Then long story short, a friend told me that yes they r better, but not better than the Columi weapons. Then yesterday i wasl talking with a friend Commando that said that even if a columi weapon drops from SoA, he will still use the bttlmeaster one, because he would ''only'' loose 10+ aim, but would have more crit surge or power [ i dont rly remember ]. So far as i know, 10 aim is a lot, but he told me that he was right and i wrong. So can anyone explain ? Should i use battlemaster weapon til i get the rakata, or should change to the columi ones because they r better?

You are definitely in the wrong board for this question. General Discussion is only open to people who ragequit and need to post their hate on the game. Shame on you, person who plays the game, for posting this here!!! I can't believe you actually have a question pertaining to this 'broke' game.

Seriously- It depends on what you're doing. I switch out between BM and Columi PVP-PVE. I've also modded my BM with a 41 EXP crystal, and taken the 41 power crystal and put it elsewhere. That's just my personal style, I need all the EXP in PVP I can get.

Regarding PVE, battlemaster gear is between tionise and Columi, but way more close to columi, the diference isnt that great between those 2. Rakata however yes its better but again it isnt a significant diferent, but it sure its there. Bottom line you can do any HM currently with Battlemaster very effectly.

Now try to go to a warzone in full columi or rakata and see what happens. ;) i double dare you.

Edited by Spartanik

Battlemaster mods and enhancements have the same pve stats as rakata mods and enhancements.

The only differences is in the lower endurance/main stats of the: armorings, hilts, and barrels. In other words get a piece of battlemaster gear and put in a pve armoring 25 (140 rating) and you have a piece of rakata gear with an additional 50 expertise. Same goes for war hero and campaign.

you only take the battlemaster barrel which gives you rating 140. You loose some main stat and endurance, but you gain a lot in tech power or force power depending on your class. This thing alone will make you much stronger in using any abilities that you have. Edited by NoTomorrow

Battlemaster mods and enhancements have the same pve stats as rakata mods and enhancements.

The only differences is in the lower endurance/main stats of the: armorings, hilts, and barrels. In other words get a piece of battlemaster gear and put in a pve armoring 25 (140 rating) and you have a piece of rakata gear with an additional 50 expertise. Same goes for war hero and campaign.

This is true. That one Armor piece, however does create a big difference with the lower endurance/mainstat. What I've done is leveled my gear in PVP to battlemaster, and now I've started building my PVE set. I've pulled mods and enhancements from extra battlemaster gear that I've got (pvp'ed a lot) and put it in other armor with PVE armor/hilts. It's somewhat bassackwards and time consuming; but PVP doesn't have damage penalties to your equipment if you die, and you get decent credits to do it...so I just do a heck of a lot of pvp; even though on my sever the Republic consistently gets their asses handed to them.

But you also have to take into consideration that Rakata and Columni have set bonuses as well...you don't get them doing it my way.

Edited by priest

• 3 weeks later...